• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WaveBouncing with Marth

peNNy

Smash Cadet

∫unk

Smash Master
First look this Video - http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g&feature=related , learn the wavebounce, look this: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Kox5-m5JM3w&feature=user (at 7mins Marth will be shown) and just say how awesome this new trick is !

I can imagine tons of combos an i dunno... ****it...

Please, try it out for me (I dont own the game, I´m from europe >.<) and please tell me how good this is... im so **** euphoric =0

Marth for TOP tier !
Isn't this b-sticking? Didn't this come out a few weeks ago? My friend that mains Lucas does this all the time...

Most Marth's rely a lot on c-stick for quick smashes, and from my personal experience there hasn't been much benefit to it. Might surprise the opponent in the beginning but in my experience a competent opponent will have already adjusted after 1 stock.

Problem with the b-stick is you would only really use it for the retreating dancing blade, which actually isn't that much different with a Fair DIing backwards.

In comparison, c-stick is used for the aforementioned quick smashes (ex. a quick Dsmash for rollers), the de facto Marth combo short hop Fair Fair Fsmash, running/sliding Usmash.

I would actually want it the most on Shieldbreaker to give spacing if I miss or I don't break their shield, but that's the hardest one to pull off, and I think even mastering it would lead to a few awkward moments of random up B or side B (side B not being nearly as punishable).

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
it's possible to do this without a B-stick, but its much more difficult.

If you hold a direction and forward B, you can quickly hold the opposite direction and do what I call a turning forward B.

You can also just hold the opposite direction first, and then forward B. This would be a backwards forward B.

If you did a backwards forward B and made it turning, you would get exactly what's shown in the video.

Levitas

the moon
Dude, not useful at all. Trust me. I use lucas, and some marth, and wavebouncing/bsticking just isn't good with marth. Not at all.

That said, it's amazing for lucas.

peNNy

Smash Cadet
Yeh ... tonight i realized (played the game from a friend) its only useful for edgeguarding... ****it :(

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
You can but with the B-Stick with the little push back you get can kinda trip 'em out. I can see the B-Stick being useful for Mario, when the are recovering use his side-B-Stick to hit them, and get a slight boost back to the stage.

I'm sure the will find more practical uses eventually, even in they don't, it can still be used to screw people up.

peNNy

Smash Cadet
You can but with the B-Stick with the little push back you get can kinda trip 'em out. I can see the B-Stick being useful for Mario, when the are recovering use his side-B-Stick to hit them, and get a slight boost back to the stage.

I'm sure the will find more practical uses eventually, even in they don't, it can still be used to screw people up.
Humm... I think its more useful to c-stick than b-stick ;o
Whatever, for now I use the b-stick until i miss my c ^^

supak

Smash Cadet
This is not very helpful for Marth. First off, you are sacrificing four quick smashes for just a small defensive move, that really isn't the best defensive move at all, because for one, you need to use it in the air, and two, the "backwards" effect only applies at the peak of your jump, and only once, which is too situational to be used as a defensive tactic. For a recovery tactic, the normal SideB is no problem though, but that does not require the B-Stick.

And finally, why would you need a new defensive tactic with Marth, when Counter is possibly the best defensive/offensive move in the game?

marth marth marth

Smash Apprentice
This is not very helpful for Marth. First off, you are sacrificing four quick smashes for just a small defensive move, that really isn't the best defensive move at all, because for one, you need to use it in the air, and two, the "backwards" effect only applies at the peak of your jump, and only once, which is too situational to be used as a defensive tactic. For a recovery tactic, the normal SideB is no problem though, but that does not require the B-Stick.

And finally, why would you need a new defensive tactic with Marth, when Counter is possibly the best defensive/offensive move in the game?
you pose a good point

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
i think b-stick is a hinderance in some cases. you have to sacrifice your fast air attacks and instant smashes for a better sword dance.

i personally have only tried out b-sticking once... didnt work too well because i normally c-stick like it's religion.

w!ld ch!ld

Smash Cadet
sounds awesome but penny why is it only useful for edge gaurding now?
and do you think this control changing will be allowed for tournaments and competative play?

Pathetiqu3

Smash Apprentice
I'd hate to necro this thread, but it deserves far more attention than it is getting.

Everyone here is wrong, doing this with the regular control scheme is fine, so I want to see opinions on its usefulness that don't boil down to people crying because something is "too hard".

Edit: There's next to no mention of this stuff anywhere on the board at all, extremely disappointing.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd hate to necro this thread, but it deserves far more attention than it is getting.

Everyone here is wrong, doing this with the regular control scheme is fine, so I want to see opinions on its usefulness that don't boil down to people crying because something is "too hard".

Edit: There's next to no mention of this stuff anywhere on the board at all, extremely disappointing.
It's an alright technique but it leaves you open. It's doable, however and it's not even hard. There really is no point in risking your smash attacks for specials, though.

Pathetiqu3

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, it's not worth it for Marth, neither was bumping this thread.
Neither was your reply that did exactly that opposite of what I asked.

It's an alright technique but it leaves you open. It's doable, however and it's not even hard. There really is no point in risking your smash attacks for specials, though.
You guys don't even read the posts, do you?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Wavebouncing, or as it's more commonly known as these days, "B-reversals," are definitely worth learning. Very helpful, especially for DB.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, Breversals are useful for ALL of Marth's special moves, sans Dolphin Slash, which doesn't really need it due to it's nature. B reversaled Shield-Breakers can be executed on the GROUND creating a slide which is excellent when mastered for doing retreating ranged attacks. Shield breaker is just underused in general.

Knowing how to Breverse Dancing Blade, which isn't the same as turn around Dancing Blade, affects momentum different. It's especially useful if you know how to do a retreating Bounce Breserved move, because it's an amazing cross-up and spacing tool, although EXTREMELY ADVANCED STUFF (like, I'm not even going to teach you how to do it, because you'll probably try it in tourney and mess it up and get yourself killed.)

Albert.

Smash Master
Knowing how to Breverse Dancing Blade, which isn't the same as turn around Dancing Blade, affects momentum different. It's especially useful if you know how to do a retreating Bounce Breserved move, because it's an amazing cross-up and spacing tool, although EXTREMELY ADVANCED STUFF (like, I'm not even going to teach you how to do it, because you'll probably try it in tourney and mess it up and get yourself killed.)
Oh how sweet.

∫unk

Smash Master
pierce shieldbreaker is not "underused" (although i'm not even sure who you refer to in your post, if it's generally speaking have you even seen a lot of marth videos recently?)

it's simply not used because it's not safe (even when it's spaced)... against ppl that just sit there or roll away after sure its safe, but vs anyone that knows the massive lag at the end of the move and relatively small hitbox on it it's not a safe move

it would have been a lot better if it was an arc instead of a stab

i can b reverse dancing blade on command it's not that useful for consistency sake (just like i dont recommend shield chain grabbing marth with ddd unless you're baiting)

Top Bottom