• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnip FAQ

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Here are the approximate odds of the turnip pulls, along with damage dealt:

:) (normal smily): 271/438, or 61.87%
This is your normal turnip that does 5%.

:eek: (big circle eyes): 25/438, or 5.71%
This turnip does 6%.

:urg: (looks kind of like this face): 37/438, or 8.45%
This does 5% just like the normal turnip.

;) (wink): 22/438, or 5.02%
This turnip does 14%

(sleepy eyes): 39/438, or 8.9%
This also does 5%

:embarrass (surprised face, looks more like this): 18/438, or 4.11%
This turnip does 9%

:) (dot eyes): 7/438, or 1.6%
This turnip does 21%

:( (stitchface): 9/438, or 2.05%
This turnip does 39% (!)

Mr Saturn: 6/438, or 1.37%
Breaks shields

Bomb: 3/438, or .68%
Explodes in your hand if you don't throw it soon enough.

Beam sword: 1/438, or .23%
Throw it, or use it as a weapon. You must drop it and pick it up again for the "good" beam sword moveset.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
I NEVER use Peach, but this is still uber-helpful. I didn't know you could pull up items, but I heard that DDD can as well

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Dedede's item pulls only happen if items are on. They can happen if items are on but frequency is set to "off" though, so if you don't want him to throw a certain item (or any at all), turn frequency off AND each individual item off. Fortunately for Peach, the beam sword, bomb, and Mr. saturn still appear even if the frequency and individual items were turned off. These are the only items I've ever seen her pull, even with items on though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just like to point out, Dojo specifically said Stitchface has a 1/58 chance of being pulled, which is about 1.72%. Given granularity and random occurences, though, I suppose 2.05% isn't too far off. Nice work : ).

Doval

Smash Lord
Here's more complete damage info:

Peach's Turnips:
:)_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

^o^_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point-blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

-.-_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Bored/Peeved____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

OoO_____5-7% F-Throw, 9% F-Throw (point blank), 12% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 1-6% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 11% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 10-1% Up-Throw, 13% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

;._____9-11% F-Throw, 13% F-Throw (point blank), 16% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 5-11% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 15% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 14-5% Up-Throw, 17% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Ditto_____15-17% F-Throw, 19% F-Throw (point blank), 22% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 11-17 Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 21% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 20-11% Up-Throw, 23% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

Stitchface____33-35% F-Throw, 37% F-Throw (point blank), 40% Grounded Smash F-Throw (point blank), 29-35% Aerial Drop/D-Throw, 39% Aerial D-Throw (point blank), 38-29% Up-Throw, 41% Grounded Smash Up-Throw (point blank)

First number in the F-Throw range is what you get for throwing it "normally." So, for example, the smiley turnip does 5% on a normal throw. The middle number in the F-Throw range is a "smash" throw at normal range, or a normal throw that's accelerated to the same speed (pretty much max normal throw range on the ground, or throwing it from higher than the opponent in the air.) The last number in the range can only be achieved by throwing the turnip from even further away, so that it accelerates even more.

The first number in the Aerial Drop/D-Throw range is what you get for dropping it "inside" someone. The higher you drop the turnip, the more speed it'll get and the more % it'll do. If you throw it down instead of dropping it, you get max damage every time.

Up-Throw damage starts out at its max when the turnip leaves your hand, then decreases to the minimum damage you get when dropping the turnip inside someone as it loses speed and reaches the apex of its trajectory, then it's essentially the same thing as having dropped the turnip when it's on its way back down.

The damages labeled as "(point blank)" are what you get for throwing the turnip in that fashion at...well, point blank range. Basically, the turnip was inside the person when it left your hand.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I knew about Dot-Face and Stitch-Face, but the Wink one is pretty powerful!

The frequency you put on the stitch-face is higher than the one stated on the Dojo. Any explanation for that?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's because Rapid Assassin's stuff is experimental data, while Dojo's is a clear number that they know.

An unweighted coin has a 50% chance of landing heads, but if you flipped it 100 times, you might get around 45 heads instead. You're off by 5% because even though you know the chances, the event happening is still random. In other words, it'll (hopefully) get closer to the actual number with even more testing, but it would take quite a bit of time to get it that accurate.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I don't get what you mean by good beam sword moveset. Could someone explain?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
If you pull a beam sword and try to use it directly out of the ground, range, priority, and damage (when used as a sword) are severely decreased as compared with picking it up off the ground with items on, or throwing it or dropping it first and picking it off the ground.

tpyo

Smash Cadet
Not a hundred percent sure about this, but I was just messing around playing on coin mode (trying to unlock some trophies) on a custom map where it's hard to get KO'ed, as peach. I was at around 400% at this point, and i try pulling up some turnips, and i get like, a mr saturn, bomb-omb, lightsaber, almost all in a row. I don't know if that was just a sheer coincidence or what, but now I'm wondering if your chances of getting the rarer items get higher as your damage does?

I'll test it out again, but yeah, anyone else noticed anything like that?

tpyo

Smash Cadet
Well I tested it out again too, on training mode at 999% and I didn't seem to be getting anything special this time.
I guess last time was just really chancy

Top Bottom