• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Infinite Jump!

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
This is a quot from sagemoon in UndrDog's undrworld topic.
I discovered something while playing the other day and i'll try to explain it so you can add it. It's extemely helpful in edgeguarding as pit.

Okay so first while you are on the ground jump and then immediately go into your up b. Now if you do it right you should be flying right at ground level (much similar to peaches float canceling height). But thats not the tactic I found out. So while in this mode. You can fly off the edge and you have great mobility and speed. You can attack or get hit or anything BUT YOU GET ALL JUMPS BACK even your UP B returns. I can upload some gameplay videos so you can see what i mean. Not only can you reach your opponent anywhere off the ledge, but you have all 3 jumps to do a followthrough with any attack and make it back to the ledge.

The only thing i dont recomend is up b after just leaving the other up b. Diminishing recovery will kill you lol

Edit: Oh and please give me credit for it ^_^
Sagemoon is credited with the initial observation that allowed me to find this.

Here's how it works. You may have noticed how Pit can't do any attacks out of his Up-B while he's floating on top of the ground. If you raise up from this position into the air, use an attack (f-air works best), you're able to use all your midair jumps still, and even Up-B again. And if you lower yourself to the ground with the Up-B and go back up again, you can continue the cycle. You have to use midair jumps to give time for the Wing Fatigue. I've been able to do this successfully five times in a row.

So far the only use for this is the tactic Sagemoon describes.

Add Pit to the list of character's that can do this, alongside Sonic, Kirby, and Bowser.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah on Lylat Cruise I nearly recovered while using my Up-B. I was close to the ground when I got Baired by Samus off the other side. To my delight I had all of my recovery options again.

This is amazing in the sense I know it'll save us Pit players from time-to-time but can it be utilized during a match?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
This is amazing in the sense I know it'll save us Pit players from time-to-time but can it be utilized during a match?
Outside of the odd recovery, like the situation you gave, or sagemoon's use for edgeguarding, I can't think of a use for this. It's too slow to touch the ground and come back up with the Up-B to continue any sort of aerial combat.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I can see it being used to pursue off the edge just for a added distance given without the use of any mid-air jumps. I suppose with some ingenuity uses can be found.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It could be used nicely to get out there after they've been knocked off then finish with a bair and glide back.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thats possible. If anything it can be used when they are at low damage with a medium knock back from your smash. Other than that I would just use arrows.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i just wanna say thank u, this is awesome...at least to me............i can now chase u with more speed and then if for some reason i miss i can continue the chase with my jumps thanks alot

sagemoon

Smash Lord
that 2nd kill was hella boss.and now pit will be unbeatable. and i have a question. does it make you a n00b if you use his angel ring?
No I dont believe it does. Its just a move I dont use very often in this matchup because I always wind up with a forward s.mash to the face T_T.

Also wtf is unfly? I've never heard of it...

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Unfly is a glitch in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 that allows Iron man and War Machine to do infinite air dashes after being knocked by certain moves. They have several infinite combos they can pull off this way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I just looked it up.

WingedSnake

Smash Rookie
Rhyfelwyr, Sentinel (the thing that catches mutants), is the most famous example. You know the [air yellow dodge] that you can do in Brawl? Well, Sentinel is supposed to enter a state such as that, but with Unfly it can do all its normal attacks and...well, let's just say it's hard to do and it's an incredibly powerful tactic.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Oh man, I'ma try this one out a few times, I chase people with pit so this might just be my favorite new technique :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
...Woaah Sagemoon you are friggen intence I'm gunna learn how to play like that with pit, I can play a bit like that with Marth but no one else :p

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
one thing you might want to add to this is that if you use the WoI right after a ledge hop you will touch the ground and we able to wing refresh from it. Might be useful.

Blissard

Smash Lord
NiteCypher, why's there a random girl in the middle of your video?

but interesting discovery sagemoon! i shall aspire to play pit like you!

Top Bottom