• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Data

Wunpee

Smash Cadet
How do people get a hold of frame data? For example, every now and then I'll see someone say oh this and this lasts 4 frames. I'm like 30 frames happens in 1 second, how do you manage to even see that?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well in Melee we where able to learn the frame data of every attack and movement, since brawl also runs on 60 frames per second then I guess they compare how fast something is or how long it last by purely comparing them.

GofG

Smash Champion
I'm fairly sure that wouldn't work. I'm of the belief that, before the AR for the wii comes out, we're forced to underclock to figure out framerate data, and I don't think anyone has figured out how to do that with a Wii yet.

I'm interested to know, honestly.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
There's always the old fashioned way of taping the match and going frame by frame (Can be done with many VCRs). I'm not involved in any of that stuff though so there may be more sophisticated methods but that would be a fairly simple one.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Here's how it's done: Training mode, 1/4 spd capture video at 30fps 2 frames of video to every 1 frame of gameplay. That's how it's done.

I seriously doubt there will be a brawl debug mode for AR.

Slashed

Smash Cadet
By the way, I believe there are 60 frames in a second. I believe Scotu knows what they're doing to get the frame data. xD

P.S: SuperDoodleMan...weren't you the one who got a lot of frame data/shine distance data for Fox in Melee? =P

Magus420

Smash Master
Here's how it's done: Training mode, 1/4 spd capture video at 30fps 2 frames of video to every 1 frame of gameplay. That's how it's done.
You don't need to slow down the game at all actually. Normal game speed recorded through composite or S-Video at 29.97 fps 640x480 interlaced will give you every in-game frame when properly de-interlaced into 240 progressive @ 59.94 fps (640x240 resized to 320x240p).

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've been doing my own (inaccurate) frame tests by going to Training Mode, slowing it down to 1/4th speed, then using a stopwatch and recording my times for attacks.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I'm collecting a lot of frame data right now.
I'll probably be done in around a month or two.
It resembles M2K's old frame data page.

Top Bottom