• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psycho Snake Tricksies -Technique video by Psycho ******

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Yeah so here are some tricks with snake, I'm pretty sure the whole grenade dropping hasn't been mentioned anywhere or anything so here you go.

I'm aware that it doesn't seem very practical but I'm working on making it practical haha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hI0hA-a2QxA

Also this video was not made by me and it's not exactly what I'd call a technique video lol, it's just a few things I was messing with but connor decided to make it a technique video.

You should subscribe to him for future videos from me because I'll probably make a more legit video in the future.

There are also some cool things at the end lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hI0hA-a2QxA again if you didn't see it lol

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I'm being a little selfish, but do you think you can find a way to host a larger version of the vid for download? I am really tired of youtube's shrink-o-vision. >_<

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
How do you drop grenades in mid air?
You drop the grenade in the air then immediately perform an aerial attack which will cause you to catch the grenade

I'm being a little selfish, but do you think you can find a way to host a larger version of the vid for download? I am really tired of youtube's shrink-o-vision. >_<
I don't have the video :< you can ask connor on his account, I'll try asking him too

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I don't have the video :< you can ask connor on his account, I'll try asking him too
I'm afraid I dont have the luxury of making a youtube account and asking, I've let college work pile up far too high. Think you can put in a good word for a fellow anon?

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
You drop the grenade in the air then immediately perform an aerial attack which will cause you to catch the grenade
So you drop the grenade while standing on the ground and as it falls, you perform an aerial. Snake will grab the grenade and it will be cooked by the time the aerial is done. Correct?

I just wanted to clear that up since it sounds like Snake is dropping the grenade while he is hovering in the air.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to start practicing the non-contact mortar slide and grenade dropping.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
...I just realized something. Your little Grenade Dance could've saved me so much grief when fighting Duon or Porkey by doubling up on damage with the grenades. Dammit ******, why diddnt you release this sooner and save me grief?! ;_;

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
So you drop the grenade while standing on the ground and as it falls, you perform an aerial. Snake will grab the grenade and it will be cooked by the time the aerial is done. Correct?

I just wanted to clear that up since it sounds like Snake is dropping the grenade while he is hovering in the air.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to start practicing the non-contact mortar slide and grenade dropping.
I was dropping it in the air and catching it in the same jump

...I just realized something. Your little Grenade Dance could've saved me so much grief when fighting Duon or Porkey by doubling up on damage with the grenades. Dammit ******, why diddnt you release this sooner and save me grief?! ;_;
not my fault lol I wanted it up last week but my friend was busy I guess

Jaffar

Smash Rookie
Wow, those techniques are pretty cool.

I've done the snakedashing but never the grenade cooking.

great job 10/10 :)

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
just use pokemon trainer and spam charizard's side-b on all the bosses. i got boss mode done in less than 2:30 just doing that.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
just use pokemon trainer and spam charizard's side-b on all the bosses. i got boss mode done in less than 2:30 just doing that.
I wouldn't be a decent opinion on Snake's dirty tactics if I beat Intense Boss Rush with anyone but Snake would I? Besides, I wanted my own gloating status having so far being the only person to actually BEAT IBR with Snake.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Just finally figured out how to do the Cromslide

Couldn't get any of the regular button combinations I've seen to work, but I can do it consistently using down c to initiate the dash then up+z to do the mortar slide... good stuff

The grenade drop is kinda nice too, could be useful in CQC situations

Squall_Leonhart

Smash Rookie
The trick with the grenade looks very useful, I'll try it later :)

By the way, are you using the C-stick when you play? like throwing the grenades?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord

Couldn't get any of the regular button combinations I've seen to work, but I can do it consistently using down c to initiate the dash then up+z to do the mortar slide... good stuff
I just hit A while running then slam up on the c-stick

saud

Smash Lord

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I still can't get it to work like that... I'll mess with it later maybe.

I reexamined the grenade dropping in your vid. So, your pulling out a grenade, dropping it, picking it, then you drop it midair and pick it up with an aerial?

If that is correct, how do you drop it midair before you do your aerial?

Edit: Nevermind, I just did it using Z

Squall_Leonhart

Smash Rookie
I was dropping it in the air and catching it in the same jump
Could you elaborate on how to drop it in mid air and grab with the same jump? it's hard to understand from the low quality of youtube.

EDIT: I found a nice use for the grenade, it can be cooked even when mixing it with the cromslide, just drop it on the ground - evade back and do the cromslide, then throw it to your opponent's direction.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I feel dumb because I didn't even know that Snake could drop grenades in the air.

Oh well, live and learn.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Could you elaborate on how to drop it in mid air and grab with the same jump? it's hard to understand from the low quality of youtube.
Jump, hit Z, and aerial immediately. You'll catch the nade and perform the aerial.

On a side note...I finally figured out the nade fakeout...heh.

btw psychomidget is too good.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Quick question: Does any1 know you can stick in the air? i remember seeing someone disproving it, but i just did it to a friend yesterday in a match.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
CQC is already established to stand for Close Quarters Crombo, right? If not, it should be.

I use A button -> Cstick for Cromslides.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Quick question: Does any1 know you can stick in the air? i remember seeing someone disproving it, but i just did it to a friend yesterday in a match.
you can and it sticks faster in the air than on the ground

CQC is already established to stand for Close Quarters Crombo, right? If not, it should be.

I use A button -> Cstick for Cromslides.
I thought it was Close Quarters Crombat

Fission_Mailed

Smash Rookie
Those are some pretty good grenade tactics. I will be sure to practice and implement them into my game. I've been doing a little experimenting with grenades, too and I've come up with something. I haven't practiced with it too much so I'm not sure how practical it is in actual matches, but I guess you could call it the "Snake Kamikaze". Basically you take out a nade, drop it, pick it up and make a mad dash to your opponent(s)...right before it explodes, hit block and they'll take damage from the explosion while you remain safe.

CaNuk

Smash Rookie
I too find it even easier to just dash -- Usmash using A button...don't have to move any fingers :D

And thx for the vid, I srsly need to find a way to make my own for some criticism.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was Close Quarters Crombat
Yeah, CQC is Close Quarters Crombat

Those are some pretty good grenade tactics. I will be sure to practice and implement them into my game. I've been doing a little experimenting with grenades, too and I've come up with something. I haven't practiced with it too much so I'm not sure how practical it is in actual matches, but I guess you could call it the "Snake Kamikaze". Basically you take out a nade, drop it, pick it up and make a mad dash to your opponent(s)...right before it explodes, hit block and they'll take damage from the explosion while you remain safe.
You mean the Cromikaze?

Metric

Smash Cadet

The grenade drop is kinda nice too, could be useful in CQC situations

!!!
Thank you so much!
I couldn't even pull it off once until I used your method.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
He's gotta do it with snake, of course. And then, forever on, he will be known as the "incredible monster snake player"

EDIT- Whoops. Was replying to post about the challengeo of beating Boss Battles Intense mode, thought that was most recent post for some reason..

Top Bottom