• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

homing attack help... plz

dmnky88

Smash Rookie
how many people have seen those awesome youtube vids where sonic hits a guy in the air and then continually smashes him further and further off screen like it was nothing, but then when you try it yourself, you find yourself missing, or getting hit yourself? well if you do, you not alone, does anyone have any tips on getting better at the arial combos?

O and ive also seen lots of people use the homing attack as a gimp, but whenever i try it, i always end up missing and going over the persons head, any advice?

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
need help on this also

From what I can tell from practice when your opponent is coming down at you from an angle such as when you knock them off the board on the side. after that its pretty much distance. But I can't really keep it consistent so there has to be more to it. would really like some help with this

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i would try to stay about... falco reflector distance away... you wanna be that distance when homing attack executs, especially if the oponnent is horizontally placed from you.

now if your above or below your opponent it is a lil closer(the minimum hit range)

so basicly, u cna hit extremely close, then there is a dead zone.. which seems to be shaped like an oval, reaching further form side to side.

but with that said, the homing attack can actually attack really far away if your opponent is on a flat stage accross from you,. it goes i'd say a little less distance than falco's forward B.

so picture the range of successful attack like a small circle near sonic (like melee range) and then another bigger oval that is squished form top to bottom but reaches far left to right...

i have been pretty successful with homing attack using it like that.

Top Bottom