• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS's Maximum Recovery Thread

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
This thread is about Zamus max recovery when she gets hit off the stage. I posted some of this in my guide and I talked to RoboticClaw about it and it seems to work. I am still working on this though.

This is kinda iffy though.

Essentially when you get knocked out, you air dodge, and B stick Side B twice or three times, jump and press up B at peak of jump(gain more recovery wise),then down B. (With this, it seems you make on the level most of the time, this will prevent edgehogging to a good degree as it seems that you can cover alot of distance especially if you are knock up way high)

What I am saying is that, you can make the the top of the platform most of the time if you can nail this recovery corrected. Or rather you can make it without hanging the ledge most of time.

Also note the B stick UP B can be use instead of b stick Side B.Or you can use them interchangeably.(like b stick side b,b stick up b and so on)

B sticking side B gives more horizontally distance then B sticking UP B. But B sticking UP B gives more vertical than side B. Know these two rules and recover in an effective manner.

B sticking is in my guide here.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154740

I got the UP B on peak of jump for extended height from this thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153868

I actually didn't need to make this thread as i posted this on my guide, but I felt it was important enough to have it's own topic of it's on.

Well anyhow, you guys can think of any other uses for b sticking or any other techniques you have found.

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Unless you are playing really competitively, B-sticking in the air for more recovery seems superfluous to me, I just use B-Down then B-Side or B-Up to tether.
This recovery attempt is actually very useful, if you are just at the range where they are edge-hogging, it puts you in range to protect the ledge with a forward-b, or to make it on the platform without using the edge. Many times I have been edgehogged because I was just outside the zone where I couldn't do anything.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Unless you are playing really competitively, B-sticking in the air for more recovery seems superfluous to me, I just use B-Down then B-Side or B-Up to tether.
yea basically, When I play casually, I just do the basic recovery techniques. But if you playing a highly skilled opponent. This might just give you the edge.

B stick Side B isn't too hard without c stick set to special. I can do it 95% of time. UP B b stick is hard without use of c stick set to special but with practice you can nail them both.

Also maybe B sticking B be useful for recovery (I doubt it but it worth a shot in trying).

This looks to be a tourney worthy recovery technique. All thanks to SamuraiPanda for finding about AutoRAR. I think her Wavebounce/B sticking is more useful than Lucas' personally.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
With this thread I am trying to show the importance of b sticking Side B and UP B. Two years later, I can see these two used for recovery in tourneys for her. If you are high up in air you can get three maybe four of them in. Start with B sticking Side B first as that is relatively easy. Mastery of this for expert even casuial play will be essential in the future.

And As I said b4, this make edgehogging her even more difficult. I mean you really have to be really hit really really far. If this Maximum recovery Technique doesn't get you on the stage. With this, you actually tether recover at a lesser rate.

Another tip on recovery is to use down B right when they attack you while recovering. Down B has invincibility frames.

Top Bottom