• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Chain-grabbing Info

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
So, today I found out something very good about ZSS. I'm not sure how many of you have been utilizing this already and keeping it a secret from the rest of us, so I'm going to throw it out there:

ZSS's Forward-throw can chain grab characters at low percentages. As in, F-throw, dash-grab, F-throw. I've found this to be incredibly useful because the only way that your opponent can DI from this is backwards, and even then you still have a chance of grabbing them after they've rolled backwards if you time it right. I've tested this a bit on my roommate, who mains Snake. You can literally chain-grab across FD from one end to the other and then when you hit the end, follow up with a Down-throw and start your combo. It's a great way to rack up damage on your opponent.

Ultimatepoptart

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I'll be sure to try it out next time I get a chance. Also, about how much damage can you get out of it before it can be escaped from?

waks

Smash Journeyman
Nice find. Now we'll have more options for Zamus' game. And it seems that you can chain grab different people based on different percents. We should test out each character and see what we can find

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
>_> lol I mentioned this on the grabs thread, but this is good, because I've been doing it to CPU's... : ( I'm lonely

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I figured this out a long time ago. But I don't find it very useful since its one of the easiest chaingrabs to escape in the game. In fact, against most characters you only have a guaranteed two grabs before they are able jump out, and thats if they are at zero percent, otherwise they can jump out immediately.

You cant DI throws in this game.

This can surprise an opponent who is unaware of her chain grab, so you might get 3 grabs off if they arent expecting it, never go for the fourth unless you want to fail.

The best way to do this, fthrow, grab, dthrow.

Also, her bthrow can chaingrab as well.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Have you ever tried it? If not, don't post "I don't think" against people who have actually performed it. Yes, characters can roll, but most of the time they can't roll away from the second grab.

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for ignoring my post.

I just said people can jump out of it, and I've seen people step dodge it as well. I'm unsure if there are % against some characters that this is inescapable, but I doubt it.

It's not entirely worthless I dont think, It's probably possible to mindgame into fairing them if they decide to jump, or whatever move you wanna use. And if they step dodge you can mix it up there as well.

I'm not big on this though.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Obviously you didn't, since you didn't say anything saying about trying it and used "i think" as your post starter. :)

At MprisM: The certain percentages this is truly inescapable from is low percentages for heavy characters, that's about all the guarantee I can give you. Earlier today I chained about 4 forward-throws against a Wolf across the deck of Halberd.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Aww I was hoping it would work fairly well. If they expect this "chain" grab.. how does sideb work to trick them? Or Paralyzer? Usmash? lol I want this to work! My Zamus is sometimes a little predictable.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
my bad nightmaren if i wasnt clear enough. i should of just said that it doesnt work. humans i guess it could work but not against cpus well for me that is. i tried to cg falco and just rolled behind me. If it works for othter people then use it people, it doesnt work for me.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good to know because with the threat of a chain grab are opponents will also try to avoid it which will make them more predictable.

I guess next time I fight my friends I'll have to chain grab them a bit so they will change their playing styles to counter it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Very useful technique. Good find.

I knew there was a reason I was excited about grab getting people out of the air, I just completely forgot why.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Seems like it could definitely be useful, but I think before it really gets big exact percentages will need to be calculated so we don't get screwed over by it for doing it to early/late based on the character.

All in all, I'll probably practice this. I think if it's truly inescapable, especially for more than 2 throws, it is worth knowing.

Top Bottom