• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgehogging with the box!

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
So with Snakes down taunt, its possible to throw the box off the edge and use it as a projectile to edgehog opponents.
Not the most effective treatment, but dammit it sure is satisfying.
Has this been pointed out yet? I havent tested it with the other taunts, but Im assuming if he throws the box behind him as he gets up, it should work.

Buuman

Smash Ace
This could be a potential edgeguard, although might be satisfying, I don't think this it would be as beneficial as using back airs to edge guard, edge hogging is when your character grabs and occupies the ledge, edge guarding is when you keep your opponent at bay and prevent them from getting back onto the edge, however good find I guess

Nayruu

Smash Rookie
its also good to mention for those who dont know that snake is the only character (that i know of?) who can cancel his taunt with "A." so its not like it takes a ton of luck to pull this off

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I tried using this as an edgeguard a while ago and I found the only effective way to do it is on a stage like battlefield where you're on the platform and you throw it behind you causing it to bounce slow and clumsily off the ledge. But this edgeguard requires a lot of time and your opponent needs to have a terrible recovery lol.

yoonie

Smash Cadet
i tried this (way too many times, actually) and have yet to get it even close to hitting except once or twice. snake just spends SO long in the box before he throws it that only works light people with slow recoveries, like a noob peach floating in. I could see it potentially working on a samus or snake making an epic c4/bomb recovery, but I can't really think of anything else that gives you enough time to actually throw the box anywhere useful.

CaptainPlatypus

Smash Cadet
I tried using this as an edgeguard a while ago and I found the only effective way to do it is on a stage like battlefield where you're on the platform and you throw it behind you causing it to bounce slow and clumsily off the ledge. But this edgeguard requires a lot of time and your opponent needs to have a terrible recovery lol.

Oh yeah, it may be a terrible idea, but just think how awesome it will be when it works. I kind of wish I didn't read this thread, though.. I'm probably going to be trying this way too much..Lol. It's gonna be epic!!!

Kruton

Smash Ace
His edgeguarding game is too good to think about bringing a box into the equation.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
no way man. granted its impractical, but its worth it. it seriously might as well take off 3 stocks in its self. one for the edgeguard and 2 suicides from embarrassment. like really this is a brilliant techinque. I use it 2 put my opposition in place if they get 2 cocky. On a serious note, he definitely does have a myriad of edgeguarding techniques that dwarf the use of this technique.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
good. dont say anything. just marvel at the greatness which is snake. taunts are always good though; messes with the mind, and being able to cancel is taunt means embarrassing you're opponent can be done safely sans quick projectiles. Usually people try 2 rush others when that happens so let them rush then punish. turning around and taunting means u have something 2 eliminate the ground rush so u can bait ur opponent in the air then u-tilt them 2 oblivion or b-air.

hoonyboy

Smash Rookie
Well, although this is so unpractical and although Snake has better edgeguarding tactics, you could always surprise someone with it. Or, if you have a three stock lead and you feel bored and reckless...

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Ah hell naw! I can't believe you did that. Now I'm going to attempt this everytime I see ANYONE offstage. Everyone should try to make this a competition. First person to perform a kill with a box and upload it onto youtube wins.

Top Bottom