• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Beat 100-man melee with every character"...What about Co-op?

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
You can Co-Op 100 man melee now, right?

What if you beat it with 2 different characters...does it count for one, both or neither?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
It should, since people are saying co-opping Boss Battles counts for the challenges, and both are co-op Stadium. Should be for both. Not sure if anyone has the audacity to try.

salaboB

Smash Champion
It should, since people are saying co-opping Boss Battles counts for the challenges, and both are co-op Stadium. Should be for both. Not sure if anyone has the audacity to try.
I'm uncertain exactly what you're saying, but co-op for the hundred man melee gives a "co-op high score" with icons for the two characters used to earn the highest and doesn't give credit to either character individually.

I don't think co-op works for any of the medals in the X-man melee challenges, I tried co-op'ing Endless Melee for 50 enemies and it didn't give the trophy, it required soloing it.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'm uncertain exactly what you're saying, but co-op for the hundred man melee gives a "co-op high score" with icons for the two characters used to earn the highest and doesn't give credit to either character individually.

I don't think co-op works for any of the medals in the X-man melee challenges, I tried co-op'ing Endless Melee for 50 enemies and it didn't give the trophy, it required soloing it.
Hmm, probably not then. Have you done any Boss Battles yet? If not, try co-opping the easiest difficulty and see if that unlocks the challenge for beating it on that difficulty

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Co-Op All-star counted for the challenges.

I did Co-Op 100 man and got the challenge for doing 100 man for the first time, so I think it counts

I don't know about Boss-Battles though

salaboB

Smash Champion
Hmm, probably not then. Have you done any Boss Battles yet? If not, try co-opping the easiest difficulty and see if that unlocks the challenge for beating it on that difficulty
I don't have Boss Battles unlocked yet, but I've been playing everything I can co-op and will do so with them when I get there.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
me and my cousin did boss battle mode co op on normal and we completed the challenge so yeah it works for boss battles but not for target test, multi man and home run..

xler

Smash Rookie
You can complete the difficulty challenge (intense etc), but it will not count for completions for both characters. In all-star, you will get final smash trophys for both characters... but it won't end up counting for anything. I have about 20~ final smash trophys, but I do not have the complete all star with x character challenge finished.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Up until now, I was only thinking about 2 players on WiFi... so there was that confusion. I assume nothing you do on WiFi can affect Challenges?

Mushy

Smash Cadet
Wait, CD's don't count on Wifi?
that's messed up. so much for our Wifi sticker factory idea (lol, jk.)
that's still messed up.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
So for beating something on a difficulty level, Co-Op counts, but for, say, beating all-star or 100-man with every character, it doesn't?

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
This is really good to know.... I had no idea how I was going to beat boss battles on intense >_<
Heck, I still have no idea how I'm going to do it (roommate included). We were so fired up when we beat it on hard - THAT was bad enough XD.

In any case, this is such a pain. 100 man brawl is giving me some trouble w/ some characters XD. Now I have to start over all star mode and kill myself.

At least I know now.

Top Bottom