• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Dash Attack: New AT?

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
This one's pretty simple, couple of guys from the SRK boards found it, and I figured I'd share it with you guys.

To do an instant running attack without a dash, just tap forward and then down on th e C-Stick. Instant running attack without starting a run animation. It's particularly useful with Snake or Diddy, since their running attacks are so **** amazing.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure any direction on the C-stick will do as tapping the C-stick in any direction during a dash will make you dashattack.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Well no it's not out of a dash, it's just forward and down on the c stick at the same time. If you do that with forward or up on the C-Stick, you get those respective direction's smash attacks.

usea

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure any direction on the C-stick will do as tapping the C-stick in any direction during a dash will make you dashattack.
True. But A during a dash will also make you dash attack. This is doing a dash attack before you normally could if you had hit A. If you hit A it does a forward smash, c-up obviously does an upsmash, and left/right C also do forward smash that early. c-down does a dash attack the soonest possible.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
btw, I heard about this from Kei Takagi as well, he says Japanese players are using this as a method to avoid running, and thus reduce their likeliness to trip.

usea

Smash Ace
btw, I heard about this from Kei Takagi as well, he says Japanese players are using this as a method to avoid running, and thus reduce their likeliness to trip.
Since you have to smash left or right to start this, you can still trip. I just tested it to be sure.

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
Isn't this just the beginning of your dash animation being turned into a dash attack by the input of the attack trigger? It seems useful to move in a dash attack rather than starting the running first but I don't see how this is an advanced technique at all.

Cool find nonetheless, I don't remember whether something like this was possible in melee, but it probably was. Anyone know off the top of their head?

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
I posted this in another thread like two days ago. It's not really advanced, but it is pretty useful. If your c-stick is set for tilts you can use any direction.

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
great tip, who ever it was who discovered it at SRK.

this is great for snake. makes dash attack much more viable in close range stationary situations.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Actually sounds useful with Snake and Diddy, maybe even Wolf. I'll check this out.
Yeah that's exactly my thoughts. Some characters have great dash attacks that would work well just as normal attack straight off the bat, so it allows you quicker access to them and also let's you use them in combo situations where you normally wouldn't be able to.

Take for instance with metaknight. If I down tilt with him and get a trip, normally if I ran forward and then did my dash attack, they'd have time to roll out of the way, but if I use instant dash attack, I can land his dash attack in the combo and continue on with more hits. It opens up a lot of things for some characters.

Also, I loled at the dedede comment. :laugh:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
hey thanks bro. idk how much this helps me improve as marth but it def helps.

quick question i been hearing about SRK. what is that another forum? crazy good japanese players only? lol thanks bro

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
SRK (Acronym for Shoryuken) is a forum for pretty much any competitive fighting game in existence. They used to be more into the normal 2 and 3D fighters, but Brawl has gotten a lot of the SRK populace mad hype. They've taken to the game very nicely, and are trying to explore the game's options competitively (i.e. Smash Balls, items, etc.).

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Guys, I found an awesome use for this. You know how normally blocking a lot of F-smashes pushes you to far to counter attack in time before they can defend again? The instant dash attack makes it now possible to punish this! You can now hit Marth almost every time after his F-smash.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
This is pretty handy and I've been messing around with it, and it is possible to trip off of (happened like 1/20 tries). I particularly like its use for my kirby since it actually advances him forward more than his tilts or fsmash

Top Bottom