• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glide Technique

Scio

Smash Rookie
Glideshifting: You can shift downwards when starting your glide. I use it to trick my opponent. I shift down way closer to him and attack out of glide and they never expect it. Some might already know about this, but just incase. Here you guys go.

(How to do it: Right before the glide starts you press down. Pretty easy <_<;.)
I made this video as an example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvPXPF0P60

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
At first I thought you were just going to talk about how you could dive in a glide. >_<
But this is actually interesting.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My Golden Pit will be happy to hear about this. This will expand our knowledge and increase our Power.
For some reason Metaknight can't do this. I guess this trick here makes Pit even more unique! :)

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Good find. Definitely helps incorporate the glide attack into his gameplay. Am I the only one who uses Pit's glide as an approach often? Glide cancelling always adds to the speed, and the glide attack is one of his stronger attacks, and also comes out very quick. Anyone trying to man up and attack first as I glide towards them has ended up with a mean slice in their pride. :D

This glideshift will definitely help my approach by keeping me closer to ground level.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Cool! Can it be done upwards as well?
It only goes downward. Glideshifting works because you're starting a fast fall the same time you begin a glide.

Good find. Definitely helps incorporate the glide attack into his gameplay. Am I the only one who uses Pit's glide as an approach often? Glide cancelling always adds to the speed, and the glide attack is one of his stronger attacks, and also comes out very quick. Anyone trying to man up and attack first as I glide towards them has ended up with a mean slice in their pride. :D

This glideshift will definitely help my approach by keeping me closer to ground level.
You still have to jump twice to do this, but if you're opponent keeps falling for it, keep doing it.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice

Can you post a few matches that you do this in? Because I know that if I take the time to double jump, my opponents are right on top of me in no time. I want to see if there something you're doing to set up, of if, like someone said above me, their just falling for it.

If it is being set up though, this will be nice on approach. I'd just make sure not to overuse it, because most times when I use it during recovery, I'm using it to kill, and I'd like to make sure that it can be recharged before then.

Gah, you have to have really good timing to do this. There's like only a window of a few frames to do this. The risk of screwing it up is pretty high.

Scio

Smash Rookie
Everyone always thinks that -.-..... God have more faith in your fellow Pits LOL.

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
Nice find. Helped me win a match. We were both on our last stock and I was knocked off the stage. He jumps off for a spike as Im coming back but I used this and glided to the edge for an edge hog. It was awesome.

Stash23

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the find. I'm practicing it right now. Though I personally see little use, I'll utilize this when I can.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Awesome. I've had several occasions in which I wanted to go under the stage but I was to high and close to the stage to make that angle this will help with that ^^.

Top Bottom