• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EPIC Smash! IV! SSBB/SSBM Tourney! April 5th, Agoura hills! CA!

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
Attention Important Announcement: We are changing the starting time of this tournament 3pm to 9pm instead of 6-9pm. This will allow more time for the tournament so it doesn't go on late in the night. Please help us notify anyone who you know might be coming.

HELLO everyone and Welcome to Epic's IV SSBM/SSBBT (super smash bros melee/brawl tourney)

n00b or PRO, your invited to this Epic tourny!

Where: Gateway Foursquare Church 29646 Agoura Rd, Agoura Hills

the distance from other cities:

About......
5 miles from Thousand Oaks
15 miles from moorpark
17 miles from simi vally
and so on.....

when you come close, there will be 2 driveways that take you places, take the path without the GATEWAY CHURCH sign.

it looks like this:

when: April 5, (saterday) at 3:00-9:30 warm-ups start at 2:30
---------------

entry fee

Singles $5
Doubles $10 (per team)
------------------------
Prizes: 1st-50% of pot
2nd-25% of pot

and the other 25% goes to water wells in africa.
------------------------------------------------
Brawl rules:
Double elimination
1 on 1 and/or 2 on 2
time limit 7 mins
3 stock
no items

Melee rules
Double elimination
1 on 1 and/or 2 on 2
time limit 8 mins
4 stock
no items

------------------------------
bracket rankings:
pairs of players will be picked at random.
------------------------------
BRING Wii's, Games, Cubes AND CONTROLERS!
(we will have 2-3 Wii's, 4 remotes, 1-2 Game cubes and 2 game cube controllers......I dont think thats going to get us anywhere, so it would help A LOT if people brought Wii's, remotes, ect.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food:
fast food places around us
all less than a mile away.

McDonald's
Jack n the Box
Burger King
El Pollo Loco
etc...

knowing the tournament is close to dinner time.....

Snacks are all 50 cents (we have soda's and candy)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoping for around 30-60 people (More people mean BIG PRIZES!)

We Need you to come to our tourney so if you are going Please post!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gravatron

Smash Rookie
I'll come again...hopefully there'll be a bigger turn out this time! Haha
I hope there will too! but dont worry, we did way more advertising! including this forum, and flyers around all the local game stores!

so if anybody would want to come, Please post to RSVP! :)

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I posted it in the Ventura County thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139568

If you're really serious about reaching out to people, you can PM all the people on that list in the first post or contact them through their SN, there's 20 (+- 5) people who made it sound like they were interested or wanted to be contacted about smashfests/tourneys in the Ventura County area, and this is definitely the closest I've heard of one. They might not all check the thread regularly though, so you'll probably want to contact them.

Fuego

Smash Cadet
I might be down to come...It would be much more appealing if it was a melee tournament...just saying.

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
I posted it in the Ventura County thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139568

If you're really serious about reaching out to people, you can PM all the people on that list in the first post or contact them through their SN, there's 20 (+- 5) people who made it sound like they were interested or wanted to be contacted about smashfests/tourneys in the Ventura County area, and this is definitely the closest I've heard of one. They might not all check the thread regularly though, so you'll probably want to contact them.
I cant tell you how much that helps! thank you so much, and about having a melee tourney, we Might have a melee tourney along with the brawl tourney, infact.....that was our first Idea, Im thinking of having both.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just got the link from the Ventura County Smashers thread.
I'd be interested, but lack transportation (I live in the Camarillo area of Ventura County).
I second the Melee idea too, my skills in Brawl are weak still compared to Melee.
Haha looks like I'd better practice up for this one ^ ^.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I'm for sure going, and bringing 1-2 friends.
Is this going to be a Brawl only tournament?

should have melee singles, too... :(

edit: oh yeah i'll bring a wii and all that good stuff

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
There will be melee

I'm for sure going, and bringing 1-2 friends.
Is this going to be a Brawl only tournament?

should have melee singles, too... :(

edit: oh yeah i'll bring a wii and all that good stuff

Hey dont worry guys, My original idea was going to be a melee tournament so im thinking of having a Melee touney first, THEN a brawl, (by the way, I edited the thread saying it will be a melee/brawl tournament)

but thank you guys for bringing friends and game supplies but our ssbm does not work on our wii so we might have only 2-3 systems that work, and lovage, do you mind bringing ssbm and ssbb aswell? we dont have that many supplies......

LOL that was all typed out on my wii. XD!

replicate

Smash Lord
depending on how many other people are going, I could make this (and bring friends, too)
I could bring a wii as well, but no TV probably

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the ventura county smash scene

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
depending on how many other people are going, I could make this (and bring friends, too)
I could bring a wii as well, but no TV probably

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the ventura county smash scene
Oh dont worry, we have plenty of TV's.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
I'll be there. With Lovage, another anonymous friend, Plan 9, and Ultra Luigi if he can go/needs a ride. Will bring Wii if necessary.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
It looks most likely as though I can attend this. If anyone wants to carpool/needs a ride and is on the way from Oxnard (camarillo, TO, etc.) I don't mind so long as you can pitch in a couple dollars for gas (it's getting soo expensive -_- ), I can fit up to 4 more people including myself. Nasanieru I saw that you might need one, although I know it's creepy to get rides from random strangers so we can meet sometime before if you want, haha.

I can bring a wii, brawl, melee, et al. I'm hesitant to bring extra controllers unless someone personally asks me b/c I don't want them to get damaged.

By the way, melee is fine but I really want this to be Brawl too, I need to actually play with people with Brawl to practice and online doesnt quite cut it.

As a side note, more people have been adding to the Ventura County Smasher's thread that might not have seen this thread. Not sure if you're pming people but just wanted to make sure you didn't skip them. Im gonna start trying to add local tourney's to the original post (like this one) so people don't miss out in the future.

Also, just a suggestion, if we somehow all pitch in a few dollars for food, it'll be a lot cheaper then if we each have to buy our own (and not use gas), i.e. 5-5-5 deal from Domino's is awesome. But i know how hard it is to coordinate that, so I guess people can organize this on their own once theyre there.

Matriak

Smash Rookie
I'm seriously going to try to make this. I'm not a "serious" smasher but I don't have any friends who put up any decent fights, so I'll basically go to get owned.

Although, being under 18 might make this a problem XD

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
I will come if we can have melee singles xD

Im bringing a Wii, TV, and cubes.

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
It looks most likely as though I can attend this. If anyone wants to carpool/needs a ride and is on the way from Oxnard (camarillo, TO, etc.) I don't mind so long as you can pitch in a couple dollars for gas (it's getting soo expensive -_- ), I can fit up to 4 more people including myself. Nasanieru I saw that you might need one, although I know it's creepy to get rides from random strangers so we can meet sometime before if you want, haha.

I can bring a wii, brawl, melee, et al. I'm hesitant to bring extra controllers unless someone personally asks me b/c I don't want them to get damaged.

By the way, melee is fine but I really want this to be Brawl too, I need to actually play with people with Brawl to practice and online doesnt quite cut it.

As a side note, more people have been adding to the Ventura County Smasher's thread that might not have seen this thread. Not sure if you're pming people but just wanted to make sure you didn't skip them. Im gonna start trying to add local tourney's to the original post (like this one) so people don't miss out in the future.

Also, just a suggestion, if we somehow all pitch in a few dollars for food, it'll be a lot cheaper then if we each have to buy our own (and not use gas), i.e. 5-5-5 deal from Domino's is awesome. But i know how hard it is to coordinate that, so I guess people can organize this on their own once theyre there.
First of all, we only have 4 TV's so I dont think you, Taxgy will have to bring controlers, wii's ect....

and 2nd, Like Im saying on the thread, we are having a brawl/melee tournament.

3rd of all, Im going to have to Check out all the smashers I missed or skipped on that thread, I think we could always have more ventura smashers for this tourney.

and also, you guys probly dont know this but we arent just advertising by this forum, we are also posting flyers around all the local game stores ;)

Thank you all for attending to this Tournament. ( This will be one big tournament!)

Aberu

Smash Cadet
Me and most likely my 2 friends are going. Me for sure. I know my other friend Daniel will most likely come. Our other friend tyson, depends if he will still be visiting in town or heading all the way back to Santa Maria that weekend, but I'm there for sure.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Matraik don't worry about being under 18. I've been going to tourneys since I was 15 and there's ALWAYS a few people who are like 12 at any major tourny

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
Thank you all for your help with bringing wii's and cubes but we only need maybe around 4, so if everyone could bring game supplies that would be great, but we might not use it all.

cya around :chuckle:

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
More setups is better then fewer. Put me down for the wii and brawl. i have the **** version of melee tho so ill leave it at home. will look into a tv but prolly wont happen.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
oh, almost forgot. if this is going to be a melee+brawl tourny, hold melee singles FIRST

I dont know about anyone else, but I find it really hard switching from brawl to melee, but not that bad going from melee to brawl

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i'm from england and am travelling round califorinia for a bit-
this looks pretty cool. If i come to this is there any chance of someone housing me? all i need is a bit of floor space ^_^
and ill amaze you all with my british smash skills haha

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
no problem

oh, almost forgot. if this is going to be a melee+brawl tourny, hold melee singles FIRST

I dont know about anyone else, but I find it really hard switching from brawl to melee, but not that bad going from melee to brawl

Hey dont worry, Im just the same, I would rather have melee singles first aswell, here is the list

1. Melee singles

2. Melee doubles

3. Brawl singles

4. Brawl doubles

OH and before all that at 5:00 we are starting the warm-ups.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Alright, now that Melee is involved I have to make this. I don't really know where to rate myself in terms of skill, but I've never been satisfied in 1v1. I really want to play the other VC smashers. . . haha this is exciting ^ ~

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
Just to let everyone know, we are trying to use 4-6 TVs we have for the tournament, but 2 of them might not work.

and we have counted all of the possible smashers comming and it comes up to over 30 people!

thats about all I wanted to say...............bye. O_o

mikalaranda

Smash Cadet
I agree with the guy who said melee should be first, then brawl. I tried playing melee after a lot of brawling and the loss of my l-cancelling habit after a month of hard work made it a miserable experience =(. I'd be much happier having to deal with unnecessarily pressing L for brawl after having played melee than getting screwed over after getting used to the less-technical nature (at least presently) of brawl .

T-BONE

Smash Rookie
This sounds like fun Blu_Jay, thanks for hosting! I'll come to play brawl. I'm only able to bring a controller for myself though, because I don't even have a wii or a copy of brawl. Since you are doing both melee and brawl I'd like to know an approximate time that the brawl warmup/tourney will be starting. I'd rather not wait around for several hours while people are finishing up melee matches. Could you please post a more specific melee/brawl tournament schedule once you've estimated the time it will take with all the players that have responded?

PaTT

Smash Rookie
Sweet, I attended a tourney at this church a lil while ago with my friends and Ill be sure to see you all there!

Top Bottom