• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pit Arrow Technique!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agag19

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been mentioned before or how useful it will be but, I've made a neat little observation in my opinion.

When you use Pit's arrows, you can only hold an arrow for about 2-3 seconds before it fires automatically. As some of you may know, you can turn Pit around at any time during his "Bow Stance" by simply tapping the opposite direction you are facing. Basically, if you tap the opposite direction very rapidly multiple times as if you were dash dancing you can hold an arrow for a few seconds longer.

This may not prove very useful since Pit can fire arrows rather quickly but, I've used it to not waste an arrow and time when it would be the best time to fire away.

I'd say it's more of a mind games and timing thing but, it may prove to be useful. Not that big of a deal but, I think it's cool.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
yeah

pretty slick... not gonna change anybody's life, but it's good to know little stuff like this. good find.

Clink

Smash Cadet
it is neat. Does work for the mind game trick or either timing a more accurate shot towards those in the air/off edge

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Since this is the thread for Pit's DAR, I want to make another note. While you are using the neutral B, you can also press up on the analog (GameCube Controller), which does the same thing. I think pressing up may add a little bit more time. I haven't timed any of these, but it seemed that way.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I used to do this often. It also comes in handy in multi-battles to pull a bluff on someone. Make it seem as if you're going to shoot someone and end up shooting the other approaching enemy.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
might be a little of topic but is there a thread about how if pit shoots his arrow and another pit reflects it and the pit who originally shot the arrow reflects it back and they keep their shields up until the arrow either hits one of the pits with quiet a bit of damage or just goes by pit doing nothing

Ryazan

Smash Ace
This has been mentioned many, many, many times. But it's good to make sure the word gets out.

Shadowyoshi, no one has really mentioned that in a thread because the knowledge is too common. One of the additions to Brawl is that the damage inflicted by a projectile increases if it is reflected.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
This has been mentioned many, many, many times. But it's good to make sure the word gets out.

Shadowyoshi, no one has really mentioned that in a thread because the knowledge is too common. One of the additions to Brawl is that the damage inflicted by a projectile increases if it is reflected.
yes i kno that, but when me and my friend were doing it, it seemed like it would never hit the pit who originally shot it for some reason

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
Is this the thread you were thinking about?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152410

It says that once an arrow goes over 60% damage capability, it will break a mirror shield.

This shouldn't be talked about any more in this thread. It has nothing to do with the topic.
yah kinda, i probably shouldnt be in this thread talking bout this but w.e

it was just that the pit who first shot the arrow usually wouldnt get hit, and it also was that the pit on the left side of the screen always took the hit

idk maybe it was just chance but w.e

OoD

Smash Rookie
yes I use this technique a lot when I play with Pit, my opponents don't know when i'm going to shoot the arrow :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
whoa, this thread has been seriously bumped, I do find this useful in certain situations, ie. rollers etc. but i mainly stick to loopin for the mind games if needed.

Malart

Smash Apprentice
hey lol i moght as well point out that if you rapidly rotate the stick in a circle while charging an arrow, you can hold it for upwards of 8 seconds heh

GO THREAD RESURRECTION!!! i choose you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom