• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DAIR/NAIR Kick Visualization

Scala

Smash Ace

I'm not sure if people were having any problems visualizing DAIR/NAIR and when each kick hits where. Regardless, I made this for you.

It's rather complex but I believe I explained everything in the image itself.

If you have any improvements, feel free to comment and I will change the picture as necessary.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I rarely see this after seeing all the recycled information, but **** GOOD Work son!

Think you can add a line that would be relative to Snake's height for scaling purposes?

Scala

Smash Ace
I rarely see this after seeing all the recycled information, but **** GOOD Work son!

Think you can add a line that would be relative to Snake's height for scaling purposes?
Snake's height is the same as his FH essentially.

I don't understand what you are trying to say by:
>>I rarely see this after seeing all the recycled information

Also, I want to make it clear that I'm not claiming to present new information, but to express old knowledge in a visual perspective, something which may be useful for something like this.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Snake's height is the same as his FH essentially.

I don't understand what you are trying to say by:
>>I rarely see this after seeing all the recycled information

Also, I want to make it clear that I'm not claiming to present new information, but to express old knowledge in a visual perspective, something which may be useful for something like this.
Ah I see.

And sorry if I came off as insulting, but lately people have been posting threads of information posted less than a week ago and it gets annoying. This is actually new and a really good guide for people who cant visualize the hits for the NAir and DAir.

I might post this in the Snake info cache, good job mang.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
While I opened the topic feeling skeptical, I post feeling enlightened. This is actually a good chart, nice presentation of your information. Good for people who are visual learners. Extremely good ****.

BTW, I agree that you should actually note Snake's height on that chart, if only as a general baseline.

Scala

Smash Ace
Scala please tell me your working on a strategy guide
In time. I'd rather not churn out a mediocre-quality guide when I can have more time to explore Snake to his fullest.

Right now, we're all still in the experimental stages; good guides won't exist for a little while. I may start piecing together my observations now though.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
That's what's up. Well in the mean time please continue to post up some of them vital discoveries as you continue to run into them.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Bit of a question about nair, because I don't think making an entire topic about it is worth it(well, maybe it is...), anyway, what's a good way to advance to use nair? Running up risks using fair, which is kinda risky. Right now, I'm practicing just doing a FHnair and then leaning forwards, and although that allows me to get the last 2-3 hits in, it makes it much easier to shield.

Subconscious

Smash Rookie
Nice, thats really awesome information.

I was actually running a few tests the other day with Snakes Nair after SH'ing(?)

I noticed that since Snake does not have the amount of air time needed to preform all four kicks that as he lands a huge delay takes place where Snake can't do anything for x amount of time. This time delay makes him really vulnerable to others specifically others who he just landed 3 out of his 4 kicks on. Since there is a lack of a strong knock back on his Nair the opponent can always counter with a move of there choosing.

I guess it can be kind of pointless to use snakes Nair anywhere thats not high enough for him to get out his 4th kick seeing as his 4th kick gets rid of his three kick land delay.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
This is sooo far above my head it's just crazy. I'm just... trying not to let my head explooode.

EDIT- Also, I find it far more satisfying to spend an hour practicing and unlocking stuff in Brawl (preferably as Snake) than spending that time making a giant diagram showing precisely how Down-air and Neutral-air work for Snake. But thanks.

Master_Waynes_Gotham

Smash Rookie
it just requires a rising full hop Nair to get the Nair off properly. Thanks to Psychomidge and Gimpeyfish for the advice, I **** with Snakes Nair and Dair now, probably my two fav moves in the game currently.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I've made a neat little discovery. For those of you who have slow fingers (like me) and are trying to do FH -> N-air but are finding it extremely difficult to get the timing down, I have a trick.

To do the move using the "normal" method, you have to make sure you get a full button press on your jump button, and then quickly hit A to make sure your N-air is inputted immediately after the jump. The frustrating part is that if you do the whole process too quickly, you often end up not pressing the jump button long enough and short hopping instead of full hopping. If you do it too slowly, Snake full hops but then your N-air doesn't come out quick enough for all the hits to come out.

Well I discovered a trick the other day to make this move very easy: You do a full button press on your jump button, and then keeping it held down, you quickly roll the bottom your thumb down onto the A button. Essentially, when you've finished inputting the move, you will have both buttons pressed down. If you've done it correctly, the whole thing should be one fluid motion. It's a great way to guarantee that your FH -> N-airs come out correctly every time.

Rabble2

Smash Rookie
i can never get the Nairs to fully come out with all four hits with his standard jump so if im on a platform Ill drop then hop, which gets you higher than his first jump.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
You're probably getting the move in too late. A correct FH -> N-air will get all four hits in. Try the method I just posted. I never mess up this move now.

Top Bottom