• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Wanna Be The Guy

_kSo_

Smash Master
Official thread for

"I wanna be the guy"

==================================================

This is by far the hardest game you will have ever played. It took me absolutely forever to beat the first boss. I had gotten stuck at a part so I proceeded to search online for help and have yet to come across a reliable forum for strategies, etc. So I came here, thinking you guys would have one. But I was wrong. That's ok, though because here it is.

ITT: Discuss strategies for IWBTG and please indicate exactly where you are with a screenshot or if not accessible then a vivid description

an example of an UNACCEPTABLE description:
"I am stuck on the part with the spikes and the trees..."

You get the idea...

So a screenshot would be the best way of us helping you.
(get to where you are stuck, hit ALT + printscreen) and paste in MS paint or whatever.

You can get this FREEWARE game HERE if you would like to try it out and join in on the frustration. (I am not advertising it here, I am simply making it a point that this is a freeware game and that this particular paragraph will reduce the amount of posters saying "This sounds cool, where can I get it?")

Enjoy, and hope we can all help each other...

So far, I have heard of one person on smashboards who has beaten this game and become "the guy."
Send me a screenshot or if you live near me, show me and I will post you in here, giving your recognition...

Who has become "THE GUY"

~Kirkq~
???
???
???

PipePlaza

Smash Cadet
Check out cloud8745's walktrough on this game on Youtube, I warn you though, it's narrated and he starts to go completely nuts.

D Athier

Smash Rookie
Heh, man, this game took me forever to finally beat. But I managed to actually do it a few months ago. Dear god, I freaking snapped.

Sadly, no screenshot to show my victory. I was forced to reboot my system a few weeks ago, so I lost everything, inlcuding my save files. :<

DJcream

Smash Rookie
I've been stuck on the final boss for the past few months. I can't beat him just because I'll just play for like 2 hours then don't play the game for weeks. If I had nothing else to do (freakin' midterms) I could beat the game...

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've been stuck on the final boss for the past few months. I can't beat him just because I'll just play for like 2 hours then don't play the game for weeks. If I had nothing else to do (freakin' midterms) I could beat the game...
lol yea, if it weren't for finals, I'd be playing too

of course, brawl is first priority as far as gaming goes lol

D Athier

Smash Rookie
So, decided I would redownload it so I could beat it for a second time. Then I could get a screenshot for you guys. I've beaten Mike Tyson, and I'm at the Gouls and Goblins part, where you have to get past all those zombie things in that really narrow corridor where you can't jump to avoid them. I've died about 350+ times already.

And what really amazes me, is that I've yet to scream/get angry at my computer. I've been perfectly calm the whole time. It's given me the time to really appreciate the love and effort that went into this game. I guess I was too busy screaming at the monitor my first play through. xD

_kSo_

Smash Master
So, decided I would redownload it so I could beat it for a second time. Then I could get a screenshot for you guys. I've beaten Mike Tyson, and I'm at the Gouls and Goblins part, where you have to get past all those zombie things in that really narrow corridor where you can't jump to avoid them. I've died about 350+ times already.

And what really amazes me, is that I've yet to scream/get angry at my computer. I've been perfectly calm the whole time. It's given me the time to really appreciate the love and effort that went into this game. I guess I was too busy screaming at the monitor my first play through. xD
I'm at that part too, the screen right after where the spikes move up and down, and I CANNOT get past it...

Screenshot:

I think i know how to get past it, but I have yet to do it. Not to mention this game crashes on me a lot, but also kuz my computer has windows explorer problems right now that I dunno how to fix...

D Athier

Smash Rookie
I'm at that part too, the screen right after where the spikes move up and down, and I CANNOT get past it...

Screenshot:

I think i know how to get past it, but I have yet to do it. Not to mention this game crashes on me a lot, but also kuz my computer has windows explorer problems right now that I dunno how to fix...

I've managed to get past that part a while ago. I've defeated Mecha-Birdo, and am now on Dracula. Hopefully have that done by tonight. Then only three more bosses to go. I HATE MEDUSA HEADS. But I LOVE Bloody Tears. <3

I see you're playing medium. I couldn't bring myself to play on that level, through either playthroughs. The fact that the save points called you a 'wuss', and the bow made me "DO NOT WANT." Lucky you.

Anyways, yeah. This game is all about repitition. It seems really hard at first, and the only way to actually get passed an area is by dying. Several times. Once you have the timing imprinted into your mind, you'll find it extremelly easy. This is why it's kind of hard to give advice on this game.

Now, the only way to do it is sit there, and wait for the platform to come a few blocks away from you. Then you can jump on board. Hopefully you'll land on it just as it's moving the other direction. The spike that falls down from there should miss you, and so should the apples. Now there will be a spike that will fall a few blocks ahead. You'll want to jump ahead of it slightly. Once it falls, YOU DOUBLE JUMP into that 'safe' zone it creates. More apples will fall and the spike at the very bottom left side will come straight up. If you did this right, you should miss them, and land back on the platform.

Now, when you attempt to jump onto the left side with the tombstone, you're going to have to go against instinct with jumping. When you make your first jump, DO NOT DOUBLE JUMP right away. You'll hit the spikes above and explode in a shower of bloody pixels. Instead, wait until you fall halfway, and then jump. This will, you'll kind of 'fall' onto the platform with the tombstone. Do not worry, the tombstone will not fall. But the tree right in front of it has one of the hands coming out of it. Just jump right over it, and onto the platform above it. Then jump up into that area with the zombie-look alikes.

The apples are fairly standard. Just jump over them to figure if they'll fall up or down. But the last three apples are a bit tricky. They don't fall up or down. They kind of trick you, and move right. Jump only once, and they should just nearly miss you. Then you can safely jump over to the next area.

Oh, and those zombie-look alikes take several shots before they go back into the ground. But they'll just come back up later. You can't really kill them.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've managed to get past that part a while ago. I've defeated Mecha-Birdo, and am now on Dracula. Hopefully have that done by tonight. Then only three more bosses to go. I HATE MEDUSA HEADS. But I LOVE Bloody Tears. <3

I see you're playing medium. I couldn't bring myself to play on that level, through either playthroughs. The fact that the save points called you a 'wuss', and the bow made me "DO NOT WANT." Lucky you.

Anyways, yeah. This game is all about repitition. It seems really hard at first, and the only way to actually get passed an area is by dying. Several times. Once you have the timing imprinted into your mind, you'll find it extremelly easy. This is why it's kind of hard to give advice on this game.

Now, the only way to do it is sit there, and wait for the platform to come a few blocks away from you. Then you can jump on board. Hopefully you'll land on it just as it's moving the other direction. The spike that falls down from there should miss you, and so should the apples. Now there will be a spike that will fall a few blocks ahead. You'll want to jump ahead of it slightly. Once it falls, YOU DOUBLE JUMP into that 'safe' zone it creates. More apples will fall and the spike at the very bottom left side will come straight up. If you did this right, you should miss them, and land back on the platform.

Now, when you attempt to jump onto the left side with the tombstone, you're going to have to go against instinct with jumping. When you make your first jump, DO NOT DOUBLE JUMP right away. You'll hit the spikes above and explode in a shower of bloody pixels. Instead, wait until you fall halfway, and then jump. This will, you'll kind of 'fall' onto the platform with the tombstone. Do not worry, the tombstone will not fall. But the tree right in front of it has one of the hands coming out of it. Just jump right over it, and onto the platform above it. Then jump up into that area with the zombie-look alikes.

The apples are fairly standard. Just jump over them to figure if they'll fall up or down. But the last three apples are a bit tricky. They don't fall up or down. They kind of trick you, and move right. Jump only once, and they should just nearly miss you. Then you can safely jump over to the next area.

Oh, and those zombie-look alikes take several shots before they go back into the ground. But they'll just come back up later. You can't really kill them.

Ah, I see, so the spike that falls towards the end of the first part creates a "safe spot" where I can stand?

and yea, i play on medium, I'm a wuss :p

but yea i'm pretty terrible at these types of games, i'm not really patient with them lol

I'm gonna try this out later. Thanks for your help

D Athier

Smash Rookie

Ah, I see, so the spike that falls towards the end of the first part creates a "safe spot" where I can stand?

and yea, i play on medium, I'm a wuss :p

but yea i'm pretty terrible at these types of games, i'm not really patient with them lol

I'm gonna try this out later. Thanks for your help
Well, you can't stand there. But the place where the first spike falls DOWN, once you jump ahead of it, it'll fall behind you. The space where it once was is where you can safely double jump, dodging the apples and last spike. And you should hopefully land back on the platform as it comes back if you timed this correctly.

Patience is a virtue with this game. Become too frustrated, and you'll find that you 'accidetently' twitched your jumping finger at the wrong moment. xD

And no problem. If you have any other problems, you can always contact me up if you can't find the help here. I'm not on here all the time, so IM would probably be best. I don't mind in the least. :b

AIM: rickkittyblasty
MSN: RickyTKitty@hotmail.com

^ Contact information.

EDIT//
Status update. Just killed Dracula. Three units collected so far. Currently having problems with the Tetris section, but I'm sure I'll be fine on my own.

EDIT///
Another status update. Just killed Kraidgief and Bowser/Wart/Dr.Wily. I think I have to do Mother Brain next, I can't really remember. Wish me luck.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm at Dracula myself lol. I havn't had TOO much trouble so far, but I keep getting owned by college stuff.

OK I lied. I've died over 250 times and am only at Dracula :'(

D

Deleted member

Is there actually a concrete path to go in? Because I just went to the tetris path (took me too long on the room right before, with the bullet bills)... and then I died about 300 times trying to figure it out... god ****...

This game frustrates me so much that I want to kill someone

D Athier

Smash Rookie
Is there actually a concrete path to go in? Because I just went to the tetris path (took me too long on the room right before, with the bullet bills)... and then I died about 300 times trying to figure it out... god ****...

This game frustrates me so much that I want to kill someone
Actually, yeah, there is no dead end in the game... Except the "GAME OVER ROOM". Here, I'll show you where you're suppossed to go.

Top Bottom