• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Use for Down B?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
This may end up being a really stupid idea but I was just wondering if anyone has tried using Lucas's down B as an attack move. The jump shine technique used with Brawl's fox seems to speed it up some. Mixed with buffering dashes could this somehow be useful? just a thought. haven't had time to test it much myself.

gsusfreak

Smash Rookie
sometime i use it to knock out my buddies if we get to sudden death....usually someone who is fast because i dont think i could get my pkfire out fast enough.....i hardly ever use it as an attack during the match

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
after testing it out a bit it seems like it could be used pretty effectively as a surprise move. If you jump and (extremely) quickly use down B, you can turn around instantly and use against a chasing foe. I've also noticed short hopping it can do some very odd things to your momentum. Sometimes when I do it just right I can short hop forward, use down B and pull myself backward toward where I first jumped. I'm not sure how I'm doing it exactly though, don't have the timing down.

Galeon

Smash Ace
sometime i use it to knock out my buddies if we get to sudden death....usually someone who is fast because i dont think i could get my pkfire out fast enough.....i hardly ever use it as an attack during the match
why wouldn't you have tilted in that situation?....

ANYWAYS, yea you can use it as an attack but there is almost always a better option. and it does have a short startup lag but the trajectory is nasty.

I've gone out after Falcos that have lost their jump holding Down-B out waiting for the sound of the illusion to let it go.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Today I was screwing around in training with it.. The horizontal knockback is great against some characters, it is a nice approach against some projectile spammers..

It does some weird *** stuff to your momentum. As mentioned before by others, there is some wird thing that allows you to instantly reverse your movement. I think it involves double jumping right before, as that was the only way I was able to nearly reproduce that effect on purpose.

I think it has great potential as an edgeguard, especially by short-hopping, turning around, and hitting people into the side of the stage. there is no upwards knockback, as well, which is important in brawl.

Top Bottom