• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Increase the range of Ganondorf's F-Smash

Sharky

Smash Master
*nods* Yes, that's right. It's a new technique originally discovered by T0MMY that I've been doing some detailed work on lately by the name of stutter-stepping.

Basically what you do is start dashing one way with the control stick and almost immediately after you smash the other way with the c-stick. With most characters this will result in an f-smash slightly further back from where you started. However, with Ganondorf and a selected few other characters, you'll actually zoom forward of where you started for the smash.

Characters known to stutter step in this way: Ganondorf, Mario, Sonic, and Captain Falcon

I regret that I cannot supply video coverage at the moment. However, I plan on stopping at my friend's place later today, where hopefully I can get that for you all.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Run one way, smash the opposite direction??? Isn't this called "Pivoting"???

Well at least we learn something, I guess... Good job Ganondorf!!!

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Not really pivoting, because of some characters moving really far while doing it. Shutter Stepping is a good name, finally someone didn't name it after themselves!

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
This could be really useful. It can be used for spacing similarly to a WD forward followed by a smash.

sprials

Smash Rookie
It is a little helpful, it seems to give him an extra step into the fsmash. It's looks exactly like a pivot, but it's a lot easier to do.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Increase the range of Ganondorf's F-Smash
*nods* Yes, that's right. It's a new technique originally discovered by T0MMY that I've been doing some detailed work on lately by the name of stutter-stepping.

Basically what you do is start dashing one way with the control stick and almost immediately after you smash the other way with the c-stick. With most characters this will result in an f-smash slightly further back from where you started. However, with Ganondorf and a selected few other characters, you'll actually zoom forward of where you started for the smash.

Characters known to stutter step in this way: Ganondorf, Mario, Sonic, and Captain Falcon

I regret that I cannot supply video coverage at the moment. However, I plan on stopping at my friend's place later today, where hopefully I can get that for you all.
Yea, I was over at t0mmys and he told me about this and I pretty much went...

i knew about this i didn't think it was that great XD
woh, Renth is psychic, thas what I was gunu say!! omgzzzz

Next time I play i'll try and remember Stutter-stepping, maybe theres hidden gold in there somewhere, Its just hard to see it from here.

Anywho
/sleepzorz

~Shin_Ganondorf~

:034:

Smash Hero
Can't you Stutter Step x2 to get even more range on the F-Smash? I thought I saw that somewhere in Tactical Discussion..

T0MMY

Smash Master
Not really pivoting, because of some characters moving really far while doing it. Shutter Stepping is a good name, finally someone didn't name it after themselves!
I know, isn't it just lame when people name things after themselves? Even though the "super t0mmy twin step and smash" is such a better name...

The name has it's origins from a CCG by the name of Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, it sounds snazzy. The card itself says the minion using it performs a dodge and an attack at the same time.

Top Bottom