• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Arrows are Sexually Explicit v1.1

gammonwalker

Smash Cadet
There have been some questions as to Pit's arrows and their usefulness in Brawl. The answer to this question is, they will make your girlfriend pregnant. They are the best cumulatively damaging projectile in the game. Perhaps in any "fighting game", that I am aware of, there isn't a more all purpose projectile. Its dmg, speed, and coverage are simply too good.

Pit's arrow coverage is well explained in this thread here...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145647

*What has not been explained well enough I believe is the arrow's ability to win matches.
Because of its excellent properties mentioned before, it establishes fear in the opponent. That leads to mistakes and inevitably whole stock. If your opponent isn't afraid, they should be. It can do dmg equivalent to a smash attack in a matter of seconds if you're not quick enough.

Here is a video of the Pit player Brown, fighting a player who isn't accustom to the arrow's persistant threat. In the first four seconds of the match, Pit has not moved and the opponent has 17% dmg...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpsYA_bRhMM

Brown is not the definitive poster child of Pit; His arrows still could use some work, but what he understands is that Pit's arrows are gay. Every match with Pit should be a shirtless party in San Francisco. Pit's arrows in that segment were fired at a rapid pace with little regard for timing, because they are that safe. Pit's recovery allows for missed shots, just don't miss the opportunity to fire it. What you may have observed in that video is that the Link player simply could have rolled, dodged or whatever. When fighting opponents who are more aware, that is when the arrows display their true power.

*Every time Pit draws his bow it forces the opponent to react.
That player did not react with regard for dmg, that is fine. In certain cases that could benefit him. He could have rolled through the arrow at one point, thinking he was victorious, and Pit could have intercepted him with a smash attack. These are the mind games of Pit's arrows. Pit recovers so quickly from his arrows that he can attack and catch faulty and impetuous movements. Perhaps Link could have evaded the arrow. Pit could have also charged the arrow, altering its rhythm to his opponents evade, doing more dmg in the process. This is all of course under the impression that the Pit player would have precognitive abilities and would know Link would do that. This is of course impossible because Miss Cleo does not play this game. However, this purported precognitive ability is what would make a skilled and frightening Pit user.

*Free damage opportunities
Every time your opponent is in the air you are given a chance to hit them for free. Pit's arrow can go practically anywhere and thusly your opponent should be hit. Do not miss. In the air your opponent is most vulnerable. A distanced opponent in the air is even better. Following a smash attack or a throw Pit can fire a cavalcade of arrows that should hit have a high chance of hitting, depending on the knowledge of your opponent and his character. Once you have hit your opponent in the air the following shot should be easier because you know your vector and their character's momentum has ceased. I have hit characters falling from the stage boundary 5 times in succession from the top of the screen to the bottom with arrows because Pit can. Do it.

*Arrow tension
The arrow can be used for any situation, offensive or defensive. It can be used to run away and to advance using short hop, because it's good anywhere. It can be used inbetween every one of his 4 jumps; this helps especially for recovering onto the stage. Its only ineffective range is within his furthest reaching A move. The arrow is for any purpose beyond that. Using it right outside of his typical A move range can be very deceptive and cause your opponent to flubb. With its versatility you can also use it to counter-hit your opponent's attacks. When this happens it can often be very confusing for the opponent and very deadly if they are within Pit's A move range.

For example the opponent does a move with certainty you cannot hit him back. However, the arrow goes beyond Pit's suspected range and knocks them out of their move. This leaves them vulnerable, possibly confused, giving you more time to act. In that moment you are able to retaliate with a move of your choice, preferably f.smash. If they appear to have recovered before your frames have completed, to sucessfully do a smash attack, then you can throw them in exchange. The arrow's ability to stuff an opponent's move is invaluable. Once the potential for this is honed for your own personal use, you will be much more of a threat.

*The arrow as a battery (added 02/27/08)
With the addition of diminishing attack power in Brawl, the arrow presents even more benefits. The arrow's damage and knockback will decrease after repeated use, of course. However, for every arrow you shoot you will recharge all your other used attacks. Most importantly your b.air and f.smash. The arrow's worth is not derived from its damage per shot nor knockback, but its ability to stun the opponent and to accumulate dmg over time. Don't worry about spamming it, you will be rewarded for doing so.
-credited to Brown Paper Sack

*You cannot overcome the arrow.
A bit of an overstatement, but if the opponent has felt they have truely overcome the arrow, by focusing solely on it, they will be blind to other attacks. With enough repeated pulls of the arrow, the opponent will assume more to come. He will structure his timing and movements to dodge, roll and do what he can to save himself from that annoyance. The fear of that imaginary arrow could kill him. Once you opponent has been conditioned to the arrow more opportunities arise. Don't use it. Catch them at the end of their roll or evade with a deadlier attack. When you have successfully caused your opponent to dodge incorrectly with arrogance, you have eliminated a large element of their complexity and you are that much closer to winning the match.

Please feel free to contribute material for this thread! It will be posted so long as it isn't retarted.

otter

Smash Ace
I love this technique because I have trouble fighting players who run away from me, so now that will be a bad idea for them. You cannot outrun the arrows you coward!!!!

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Not to mention every time his arrows hit, it recovers the stale moves penalty on his other attacks.

Very nice post. gammonwalker.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
man that vid gave me a whole new look on his arrows. incorporating it into your battle plans and you can realy aggro your opponenet and its k.o abliliteis.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
XD dam double post.

so i got a question. if you hit someone with the arrow before they do their up+b will they fall down to the floor?

if you do it after their up+b do they get to do it again?

sorry for being a nub >.<

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I like this guide. It compliments my guide well. Mine shows how to use them, and yours kind of explains the mindset towards using them I guess. I'm not going to play Pit against my girlfriend now, though!

edit/ Link to here added in my arrows guide.

Ares_Omega

Smash Rookie
XD dam double post.

so i got a question. if you hit someone with the arrow before they do their up+b will they fall down to the floor?

if you do it after their up+b do they get to do it again?

sorry for being a nub >.<
I don't know what you mean by the first question, but any attack that stuns gives them another up B if that character can use another up B after being hit.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i didn't take the picture, but it does say

"Vertical Shot
Same as Straight Shot, except you hold up while pulling back on the arrow and you can shoot straight above where you are. The arrow can then be curved left or right, but I do not think Diagonal Shots can be used"

Top Bottom