• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"whos top of MW!?!?" A brawl tourny....IN....March 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink

Smash Hero
Ok everyone, Me and Big C want to host a big sized brawl tournament. its set for march 22rd, so everyone that hasnt played it yet, will have plenty of time too. we would like this to be the first REAL competetive and big brawl tournament for the MW and hopefully people will show their support <_<. we will have around 2-3 setups, so we would like people to bring them.

--updated 2/28--

venue- C's house(downstairs and upstairs if needed)

7637 maryland ave
hammond, in 46323

entrance fee-
venue fee- 5$...this will go to get snacks and drinks. it seems people like this idea of food and drinks there. the left over will be put back into singles and teams, not in C pocket <_<.

singles- 10$
teams- 10$ a person

warm-ups start at 11. we will start taking money at 12, and start doubles bracket hopefully at 12:30. we are on central time, so plan for that.

now onto Rules:

8 min. time
3 stock
Nuetral stages:FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium, and Yoshi's Island

counterpickable stages: Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island (pipes), Luigi's Mansion, Delfino Plaza

No stall tactics
you can use whichever controller you want(GC, classic, etc) other then modded ones.

team attack is on, with life stealing allowed.

no items

double blind pick may be called.

also, if you dont plan on entering the tourny, do not come <_<.....the game will still be new and everyone is going to want to play it. im not gonna have people just come and not enter because they are cheap.

we need everyone that can to bring, Wiis, copys of brawl, TVs and any chairs you can.

IFFFF you bring a full setup, you will not have to pay the venue fee.

more info and rules to come when they come to me <_<.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

we will plan to do state crew battles after singles and if time permits, a 5$ melee tournament, if enough people wanna do it. mlg rules style for it.

----------------------------------------------------
updated 3/17(will be updated)

equipment list

setups-5
big c
Joe(oh)
kishes
fear4
laipply

Tvs-
big c +2
tink +1

Wiis-2
banheim
tink(no game)

Vcrs-5
Big C+2
zjiin
banheim+2

nojoes

Smash Ace
Tink my brother and I may attend but we're curious if we would both get our $5 waivered if we brought our set-up.

Edit: You may want to consider banning Bridge of Eldin, once vids from Jesse's (vidjo) tournament get posted you'll see why, its pretty ghey imho.

Echo

Smash Champion
is there any particular reason you want to have this on a Sunday? or is that a typo?...

I'll talk to Dark and see what he thinks.

Tink

Smash Hero
or he COULD go to both o,0!!!!

if he goes to this, he will have enough to own you guys over there =). much more experience.

edit: also, if time permits after brawls all done, do people wanna do like, a 5-10$ singles/teams tourny in mellee? we can prolly fit 1 in there, so i wanted to know which one people wanted and for what entry fee o,00000?!?!?

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, i got all the stages from big C so, you gotta look his way. maybe he will tell you why he put it on counterpick <_<.....i have no clue what the stage even is -_-.

BIG C

Smash Master
rofl a stage that only has 1 grabbable ledge and flips upside down is not neutral even if u dun die. I ahve seen sum1 die from it once so don't gimme the kakimame excuse that it doesnt afeect the match cuz it can. it's only on CP cuz it's not an instant kill and can prolly be avoided.

distant planet has an instant kill instant kill no matter how hard to get hit into it or w/e is still an instant kill. and i could definitely see multi jump chars stallin out matches over the top of the worm.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
rofl, i got all the stages from big C so, you gotta look his way. maybe he will tell you why he put it on counterpick <_<.....i have no clue what the stage even is -_-.
I don't even know all the stages yet. :laugh:
I think FD, Battlefield, Smashville, the Fox level, and that Yoshi level were the best ones. Everything else was kind of iffy. (Especially that DS one. >_<)

Zicore

Smash Champion
LOL this is so true. :bee:

I honestly would totally go to this if I could drive myself. My problem is finding a ride. But don't worry I'll be doing my best on that.
Sparrow, if you are home for this, I might be able to pick you up. I think myself and KSSB might go. Depends on if I can get off of work or not.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'll come if it's an online tournament! You could get all the coasts to show up that way lol I'm mostly joking but it would be nice, don't you think?

Tink

Smash Hero
i wanted to know if people would rather do 10 or 15 for singles? i mean, which would bring more people o,0!?!?!?

edit: itll most likley start at 12, and you will be able to get there at 11. ill update the first post more when this gets closer.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of going, but mapquest says it's 1 hour and 8 minutes away from my house...plus I have to have someone cover my shift at work...

I'll think about it. If I do come, I plan on brining a full set-up (minus the TV).

EDIT: Also, 10.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I think 10 will bring more. Some of us run on the money we win from tournaments, and that goes better for some than others, lol.

nojoes

Smash Ace
joes lets go to this
Yeah i'm planning on going. hopefully get some good practice maybe win some money. Anyone want a mm?

Edit: errrrr. I dunno I'd prefer 15 for singles, it's a good 4 hour drive and vidjo, my brother, myself and probably other Cleveland smashers are more inclined to come with a 15. I'd say either keep singles at 15 or bump singles down to 10 and teams up to 15.

Tink

Smash Hero
see, this is the reason i said 15, for you far away guys that wanted to travel, but alot of people are voting 10 <_<....idc with either one, up to the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom