• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr P BoDy's guide to maining Pokemon Trainer (Charizard complete w/ videos!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
I have play brawl for quite some time, and I am maining pokemon trainer & I hope my guide can be useful..

The tier list seems to go.. Suirtle > Charizard > ivysaur.

Squirtle
[JAB JAB JAB]: His jabs are really good, has a okay knockback (not enough to kill) to send opponents off the stage. At low percentage u can use the 3x jabs and then begin to rush opponent.

Tips:
*after landing an aerial.
*works as an edge guard. When opponent is coming from up above or below thinking he can safely grab onto the edge.. But what to do? Jabs will hit him instead. Its much more reliable than his smash attacks. And his 3rd jab has more knockback than his tilts
*u can also rush an opponent with aerials to jabs repeatedly sponatneous.

[AERIALS]:
All of squirtles aerials have no lag, its as if he is L-Cancelling automatic. The order of non lag goes...
Fair > bair > dair > nair > uair.

Squirtle can aerial into jabs instantly. This is very useful for shield grabbers as I constatly explain & emphasize.

FAIR: at low % it can be abused again & again! Also one of his best KO moves, its tough to decide weather u want to hold on to this move for a KO, or use it to damage. This move is terrific for spacing, I don't know WHO said squirtle has no spacing but they were WRONG! Dead wrong!!

BAIR: works almost the same as the fair,
Both side-air & dair have kno.ckout potential. Well maybe not the dair but it does provide a good knockback. What I recommend, abuse one Side-Air & save one for KO'ing. Example use his fairs to deal damgel comboing & whatnot, and once they reach over 100%, that's when u start to bair & go BOOM!!

UPAIR is just for comboing & wrecking damage. Also when up-airing if they choose to DI, u can side-air.

DAIR: if you fast fall land when dairing, you will not get the last KO hit. So to provide knockback you can either let go of the joystick or hold up. I suggest suprising an opponent with a dair when edgeguarding, its an excellent suprise attack & has great Knock Back.

Tips: also when landing an aerial, u can uptilt right away!

[TILTS]:

UPTILT: By far has the best uptilt. Why? Uptilt wrecks damage!
At zero %, u can uptilt a floater like jigs 3x, or up to 7x on a heavier character like snake, and 10x on a space animale, ay caramba!!!. When starting from zero, carefully have ur joystick up (make sure not to tap fast enough to make him jump), and its obvious that they will choose to DI. So uptilt & walk with them, its as if u are bouncing a beach ballon while walking. And once they get to high, u can follow it up with any aerial u desire, or maybe an upsmash =]

D-TILT: can be used as a tech chase. U can try using an aerial, jabs, or a running upsmash. It won't knockout at all.

SIDE-TILT: can ALSO be used as a tech chase, u can try grabbing after a tilt below 100%. Its not a KO move, but it does an okay job at sending someone off the stage.

Overall his tilts won't combo, but u can techchase to a smash attack. For example u can tilt an opponent providing little KB, knowing they will roll to towards you that's when u hit em with an upsmash! BOOM!

[Grabs]:
only his UPthrow at very low % can lead up uptilts. FTHROW & BTHROW dont provide much KB, so does are used just to deal damage. Squirtles best grab is DTHROW hands down! It is sure to kill around 130% & above depeding on foe.

If you miss a grab from running, there is a huge lag so beware!!

[SMASH ATTACKS]

FSMASH: best KO moves for killing horizontally, very hard to land. Very slow =/

UPSMASH: best vertical KO move, its pretty reliable. Best of all, hits foes standing on 2nd platform such as battlefield.

DSMASH: does a nice job KB foes sideways. So if succesfully hit, your opponent will have to come back from below. So u can go down there & hit em with a aerial ^_^.

Smash attacks overall:.. They are not quick enough to get an easy kill. Squirtles smash attacks seem to be predictable to me.

Squirtle also has a fox trot!! Dash once & he will make a "wookk" sound. You can either either way, make sure not to do it too fast or else he'll trip. Why is this better than just regular running? For one, u can fox trot across the stage into a fsmash or dsmash, or a safe grab (make sure u time it correct).

[SPECIAL MOVES].

WATER GUN (regular B): some say it has no use at all. Wrong!!
When uncharged, you can water gun to a grab or jab. Most ppl when they get hit, first thing they will do is block. Once you overuse this, its not so reliable.
When fully charged, you can push someone. best use that I found, is for a fox or falco illusion into a sweet spot. Water gun works well to push someone on the edge. Also works on a fox spamming standing lasers. Its not such a bad move, its a mindgame =]

WATERFALL (UP B): goes only 2 directions. It can be used tas an edgeguard by going off the stage & making them lose their jump or UP+B. No KB really, should only be used for recovery or for comboing as long as u know what ur doing.

WITHDRAW (side B) it can be used as a mindgame recovery when coming from above. Or give a bit of damage for the heck of it. Becareful not to get hit or else u will sling shot fast.

SHIELD-DASHING: Thanks fest for the reminder, this can be used for a mindgame. Your opponent could be running for you, so u dash the opposite way and upsmash em. you can also try jabbing if your lucky enough to slide right past them. Im going to try to see if it works as an edgehog.

POKEMON SWITCH (DOWN B)

IVYSAUR
In my opinion I think he is the slowest of the three. Ivysaur is pretty predictable when its trying to KO.

[JABS]Good for wrecking damage, that's pretty much it. If you go from a nair to jabs. If spaced correctly, they won't be able to shield grab but instead get a good 10% or more damage. Ivysaurs jabs is only an annoyer, It'll never KO. Also has edgeguarding capability like squirtle, they will be forced to DI away so try to know when to stop the jabs & go down there with a fair!

[AERIALS]UPAIR: I'd have to say ivysaur wins for strongest upair in the game. It can KO foes at about 70%!! Its very difficult to connect. Best time to get someone is when they are on platforms (usually when they are gonna roll or stand up) or as an edgeguard when u know they are going to fly above you. But because of the insane KB most will not try to approach you from above. Very laggy when landing, also it can be used as a fast fall.

BAIR: Another damaging move. Because it bearly any lag, you can combo. At low % you can bair to sidetilt. Because of the almost zero lag it has starting potential. Like u can approach someone w/ the bair, so then they might block or what not. Just try to read ur opponent. I find that most ppl jump once they get hit. Upair anyone? At over 130% you can do 2x bair, looks sorta flashy. Definately not a KO move

NAIR: his safest approach because it has like an auto-matic L-Cancel. And because its so floaty you can approach a foe with a landing nair, make sure you land behind for mindgaming purposes. You can even nair to an uptilt. a good tip when your edgehogging. If they are under you, the nair can spike a bit, kinna like zelda's in melee. After a nair, you can perform another aerial right away!

DAIR: Works as a spike it hit under the petals. If hit on the side it will launch foes into an side/upwards direction. Very hard to connect & seems pretty preditable. When on air, it'll stop ur momentem. Very laggy & can be punished if missed. U can use this as an edgeguarding if your risking going off the stage.

FAIR: Probably the most reliable KO move... well somewhat. it has a good KB, it can be annoying when trying to land this.

TITLS:
Side tilt: priority! and comes out so quick! good damage and only purpose it serves is to do damage.

Uptilt: can be used to combo, at 0% you can probably land like 2-3. its not really a knockback move, but it can be a suprised KO move on smaller ceilings. If they decide to DI, you can do an Vine Whip.

DownTilt: another damaging move. you can space this move pretty easy. but try not to spam it cuz they can just roll around you and smash attack you.

overall view, the sidetilt has to be the best move for how quick it comes.

(GRABS)

Upthrow: Okay knock back. should only be used to deal damage, it wont KO at all.

FTHROW: okay KB, decent enough to throw some off the edge & then u edgeguard. Not much of a comboing potential since it sends them high enough so they won't fall on the floor.

BTHROW: same as the fthrow. Not much potential neither. You can razor leaf after or attack upwards if they choose to jump above you. But that's bout it.

DTHROW: probably his only comboing move. On some heavier foes you can fair or vine whipe right after. This is his strongest KO move & choose this if u they at a such a high %.

Overall, ivysaur has a pretty good range when grabbing. Especially when u sheild grab, & if u were to miss a grab you wouldn't get punished too bad.

RUNNING A:
Suprisngly it has a good KB. And at mid % (40% -90%ish) it'll pop them in the air for you to Aerial them. Or maybe an uptilt too. When it comes to sudden death, running A is a good gamble!!

RUNNING GRAB: not much lag when u miss. So don't feel like your gonna be punished for missing.

[SMASH ATTACKS]

DSMASH: one of the worst dsmash in game, not much KO. I mean, I guess u can push someone away when they roll into you & you dsmash em. It has some pretty good spacing.

FSMASH: excellent KB & possible one of his best KO moves! Its a bit difficult to land imo. This reminds of of MVC2's Omega Red when he uses omega strike. Cuz Ivysaur uses his vines to slingshot his body to hit & then goes back. Ok but anyways! Works good as an edgeguard too, like a fox illusioning or someone coming from above thinking they can reach the ledge.

UPSMASH: Such monstrous power them petals have! Strongest move from the 3 pokemons, hard to land? Yes! But this baby can upsmash someone at 60%-70% and kill!! Use this when they are coming from above (Well DUH!!), or when u can predict someone jumping above you. For example say u got ur opponent on the edge, you u spam razor leaf & ftilt, they might wanna hop over you & that's when u get em! BOOM! Also much more useful on platform levels.

[SPECIAL ATTACKS]

[BULLET SEED] (Standing B): if hit correctly, this thing can haul so much damage! But also another difficult move to land. You can always try apporaching by walking & Bullet seeding right next to them. One of his petals will pop u in the middle of the seeds. Also works better on platform levels for some damage. And yes this thing can give up to or over 50%. In teams, you can bullet seed and have the other person spike. When at higher damage, bullet seed has done its job so there really is no need for more damage. This works best on noobs that recover above you, and also on bigger foes.

RAZOR LEAF (Side B): just a damaging move. Can be used as an edgeguard, or spamming purposes. This can also force your opponents to start jumping or dodging. And I'm pretty sure u know now what 2 do when they jump, no? Not a good KB move.

VINE WHIP (Up B):This has potential on KO. I like to use the vine whip after I dthrow. You can hit someone coming from above u at an angle w/o moving. But as a theter recover it has quite some good distance. If your being edgehogged, throw a razor leaf of fair them away. This can also be used as a mindgame. Say if you & a ganon are down the platform trying to win the edge, ivysaur wins! So for example, u can go down the stage thinking your going to attack, but instead u vine whip back to the edge! Or u can attack AND vine whip too! You can also jump off the stage & immediately vine whip back on stage. Its a pretty good move. Also you can jump back & vine whip onto the edge 3 times, after that its bye bye.

[POKEMON SWITCH]...

Chrizard

[JAB] Similar to Squirtle's jabs. Jab all the way, it provides a decent KB to get them off the edge or away from you, plus its a nice way to deal damage. All of Pokemon Trainer'pokemon have great jabs. By jabbing you can save your stronger attacks to KO.

[AERIAL]Sadly all of his aerials have lag. So Whatever you do, SPACE ALL YOUR AERIALS!! Well except for his fair!

UPAIR: I haven't KO'd with this move really, so this move is better use at lower % to juggle opponents. Upair has some amazing reach too! A great move on a platform stage. And I you time it right, you can land a FLY (UP+B) for a kill. BOOM!

FAIR: This is the most spammed move that I've seen & hear about. Its a pretty unique aerial. This move is not your best choice when you want to space. The tip of his flames will only provide KB but rather damage only. This works better, its kind of like Roy's attack since you have to be at point blank distance. This is one of his best edgeuarding moves & also works great when coming back onto stage from an offensive edgeguarder.

BAIR: Best KO aerial! Its suprinsgly strong! But make sure you hit em at the strong point which comes from the tip of the tail, anything else will be fairly weak. It can be a bit predictable when you try KO, because your foe should probably know its his strongest aerial KO.Also his bair can spike! If approached from in the front, very hard to land.A weak bair can be followed up by a grab or a tilt.

NAIR: An okay decent move. It hits all around him depending where the tip of his flame is. Its all all around aerial that works for most situations (KB, Edgeguarding, spacing, dameg etc). It works really good as an edgeguard cuz you ca jump off the stage to hit your foe, and plus chrizard has multiple jumps so u can nair to an nair ot fair. TIP: You can also do a "P BODY COMBO", when you NAIR a foe off the stage continously, its like a ken combo! Works only if they don't block.

DAIR: good & strong spike. Can KO at low percent! But if foe Is standing, u can have them for a set up. And when both are on air, you can DAIR foe & they will most likely towards roll so that's when u hit em with a bair if you are still about to land, or a tilt if you've landed, maybe even a dsmash too! But its has a slow start up & it wouldn't be a good spam cuz a quicker attack will win you. The only thing close enough to no lag is his nair. So its hard to be arrgressive when foe just stands or camps.

[TILTS]

UPTILT: Good for juggling foes. Maybe u can land about 2-3 hits with this. You can also follow up with an aerial or Fly.

SIDE-TILT: One of your best choice for a KO move. Strong, & it spaces well since you are trying to hit him with the tip of your tail. Marth like if u ask me. This move can be spammed & force them to jump or roll.

D-TILT: Almost equally strong like the side-tilt . It kills!! I was suprised when I ifrst used this move. It has good spacing & I rather much rely on chriazards tilts over aerials! Since all of his aerials lag, tilts are a much more reliable way to kill. Tilts over aerials imo.

[GRAB]

UPTHROW: this move can KO over 200%, but its KB is weak enough for u to combo right away. But just pay attention to when they use their 2nd jump & aerial them. But its pretty nice to make them land on a platform.

FTHROW: not much of a KO move, but it does okay. Should only really be used to get a foe off the stage when on tip of the stage. BTHROW: Same as fthrow, doesn't provide much of a KB. Get be great in teams, knowing it won't throw them far ur opponent can catch up the foe. But I can't really see much use of both the f-b-throw besides damage & saving your stronger attacks for KO's.

DTHROW: this has 2 be strongest KO throw, & it looks friggin kool too!! I would choose the dthrow & upair for KO purpose. At smaller % you can catch up to your opponent. Mid % it can make them land on a platform for u to continue rushing. I say this is your best choice on grabs. He has a pretty good reach when grabbing, so use it for all shield grabbing purposes.

[RUNNING A/GRAB]

Running A: decent KO, should be used when you aerial rush. Since running A works quite well in this game. Tip: this is similar to melee space animals, do a running A behind them. Meaning when face to face, run a bit past him so when foe shield grabs, you will be behind him. RUNNING GRAB: has the least lag of the 3 pokemons. Good choice to use, if they choose t

o roll around u don't feel too bad cuz u won't be punished for missing a running grab unlike a squirtle. It comes out pretty fast too.

[SMASH ATTACKS]

UP-SMASH: the most useful smash, it has a massive reach on platform stages. I like to use this when edgeguarding. Meaning I'll do a running up smash. It seems to me that when foe's who are recovering would rather fly above a charizard rather then do approach it vertically. Lower percentage its good enough for u to continue a combo. Don't fear ppl coming directly above u, you will win that challenge.

F-SMASH: Another killer smash KO'er! Very hard to land since its similar & slow like bowser's, except he slides a bit forward. Can be predictable since u can see it coming. Difficult move to land, but it sure pays off when it hits! Space an aerial for them to shield grab, and then you fsmash (This is called the "DC!" a spaced aerial to a fsmash)

D-SMASH: more like an earthquake, similar to DK's down-B. It has reach, so if foe is standing near u they will get bounced up. A good move for no0bs who like to roll. But its not a quick move just such falco's dsmash, so it can be a bit difficult to hit imo. Not a good move for ppl who like to aerial, but good for foes that don't jump. For a quick response, UPSMASH is quick & doesn't lag. Just make sure you space all your smash attacks. Or do a DC!

[SPECIAL ATTACKS]

FLAMETHROWER(standing B): for wrecking damage, go w/ flamethrower! Careless ppl will shieldgrab or DI towards you. The way I make it work is that I jump in (for this you can jump in a point blank range) and excute this move & as the flames shorten, I hold his head up for even more damage. This move is a safe approach, unless they roll behind u. Another good use is using this as an edgeguard. Foes who jump directly up will suffer from this & have no choice but to DI away, unless they want more damage. Same thing can be done for a foe jumping into you, they will have no choice but to DI away cuz they are not on the floor for them to roll, and once they reach'd the floor u should know when to rush in next. High or low %, use as much as possible when u know it is fully charged. Higher % just for u to have an easier time KO, and lower % just to piss em off with high damage from a single move. I love this move!!

ROCK-SMASH (Side-B): a killer move! It has a crazy KB & can KO at early percentage. Also it can be spaced for damage or a small KB. If spacing, one of the smaller rocks can hit hoes on a battlefield platform. You can approach someone w/ a rock smash the same way u approach w/ a flamethrower, just by jumping in! Because of this ur gonna have to learn how to rush in the correct way. At 0%, say if a jigs was to miss a Rest, I would RockSmash over a Smash attack of Neautral-B. A perfect rock smash can do over 40%!!! Practice with this move will be worth it! Also works great on aggresive foes!

FLY (UP-B): A strong KB & KO move, i use this when I get a chance. its similiar to a marth's up-B. this can be used as a rushy move, say if a Ike is gonna use an fsmash, if you are at point blank range you can up B. Charizard can take a hit when doing a Fly. The one thing i dislike about this move is that it doesnt slide, like if you were to fly in FD too close to the stage (like thinking you can slide from the bottom of it) chances are you wont get the ledge. also this move has a giant lag if missed, if near a tip lets say you FLY agaisnt an foe recovering back, its okay for u to be off the stage cuz you can catch the ledge. FLY should be used by the more experienced.

(GLIDE): Charizard can also glide, but you have to have used all 3 of his jumps in order to use. Very laggy when landed, should only really be used coming from a far distance & have no way of coming back. You can also rock smash out of a glide, but it wouldn't come out fast. i mean, a slow rock smash is better than landing with a huge lag right?

PBODY's?
INFINITES: Regarding to Squirtles up-tilt, he has a semi infinite on captain falcon. He can uptilt a falcon from zero till about/over 80%!!!! Falcon has nothing on pokemon trainer, and it squirtles uptilts come out really fast so some may not have a chance to shield gran!! I call this the P BODY!!!!

SQUIRTLE MINDGAME: Do a Withdraw, hit opponent go far away from the stage and jump back onto the ledge with a waterfall. Just look at the cute squirtle coming back for the ledge.

FLAMETHOWER to ROCK SMASH: Since some DI towards me when they are in the wrath of my flamethrower, i throw out a rocksmash to draw to towards me. great damage followed up by a great KO move!! ^_^

VIDEOS: (my squirtle in action) Shows usage of jabs & spamming aerials. Also how charizard can approach a rocksmash. http://youtube.com/watch?v=syIUKQpCIks

My charizard spacing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zqn-rukQvKI

Doing the PBODY (the squirtle recovery thing, this is like my 2nd day playing so i wasnt going for the ledge) and also shows why charizard grabs cannot kill
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iTZhNJHHgYg

Hope u enjoyed!!! I'll add anything and answer anything question from here then.

infernovia

Smash Ace
I still find this a very useful guide. Perhaps not as intensive as Card's, but for battles, this one is definitely a more concise way to gain information. I am personally looking forward to his review for Ivysaur and Charizard. Besides, he is one of the only ones that I have seen use Charizard effectively, so I think his impressions are definitely worthwhile.

Card

Smash Lord
Yea, no reason for my guide to be the only one around!

This guide is great PBody, do you mind if I add a link to your guide in the links section of my sticky?

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Quite surprised to see you rank ivysaur as the lowest. But not really after watching your vids.

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it looks pretty helpful. I've seen your videos and right now you seem to be the best PT atm. So, thank you for your hardwork on the game and guide.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Charizards downthrow CAN kill, at pretty decent precents (110ish). Also your spacing video wasn't what I expected. Charizard uses TILTS to space, his dtilt is an excellent excellent spacer. You are playing Charizard like a melee character, short hopping aerials, his mediocre aerials. His fair doesn't have much knockbock unless sweetspotted, and same goes for his bair. Both of which you are spamming out of shield.

Squirtle can utilt falcon to 80%? Hard to believe, did you test this in training mode against a non DI-ing, non jumping computer?

Also wanting to name consecutive utilts the "P BODYY!11" is just bad.

I'll be sticking to Cards guide, sorry dude.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for writing this, I totally missed those two existing stickied in-depth threads.

Your original and poorly written list of attacks will help my game immensely, I cant wait to get out there and u-tilt jugg- sorry, I mean P BODY!!! some compute- er, n00bs.

festizzio

Smash Champion
What is it?
Well with most characters, when you're dashing and try turning around, it's really slow and only serves to slow you down. With Squirtle, however, his animation is he retreats into his shell and moves backwards at a high speed. It's really useful not only because it looks and sounds cool, but you can do almost anything out of it.

Also, wtf at these responses? If you don't like the guide, there's no reason to reply or put down the author. If you see something you think is wrong, post like a mature and respectful person and allow him to change it. You don't have to be ***** about it.

squiser

Smash Apprentice
k so nobody cares about the impressions I typed out =( I talked a bit about this "shelldashing", if we're gonna call it that.

Then there's his pivot when he's dashing, and I'm surprised I don't see more discussion of this. When you're dashing with Squirtle simply tap the other way to run in the opposite direction. Squirtle turns around extremely quickly compared to other characters, and the way he does so is unique. He withdraws into his shell and moves in the other direction with very little, if any, drop in speed.

What does this mean? Remember back in Melee there was a little something called wavedashing? Yeah apparently it was this great approach thing, and one of its uses was to move forward to bait, wavedash backwards and punish your opponent's afterlag if he bit. Squirtle's pivot when dashing feels remarkably like a wavedash, with a major difference being, of course, that you're facing the opposite way. No matter for Squirtle really - his b-air is just as good as his f-air if you ask me. Dash in, pivot out, then sh b-air into your opponent. It's harder to defend from a shield grab with b-air like this, but hey, if your opponent made a move that left them open long enough for you to attack like this, they shouldn't be able to shield, right? If you can stay close enough when you pivot away, a short hop backwards into a d-air is another option.

You may even have time to pivot out, pivot back in and go into a dashing shield grab. Let's say your opponent catches on. He sees you running towards him, and says "ok, i'm gonna follow his pivot". You can always pivot into a u-smash. Seriously, this pivot of Squirtle's is perfect for mindgames, and I'm predicting it will be used much more as we develop PT as a character. Even just pivoting back and forth makes his movements more unpredictable, and although it may not be as effective as Melee's dashdance, I've found it very useful.
It's definitely something that needs to be explored with Squirtle's game.

slave1

Smash Lord
Add with a short hop squrtle can do semi Ken combos. there is a whole lot of short hopping involved. and from what i am learning is that charzards over b can replace his forward air. almost.

ivysair sucks

if someone can prove me wrong with a god like ivysaur. then do so. chu hasnt impressed me.

tips never play ranged charecters with charzard.

squirtle is amazing. he is mind game master and combo like a king. yours wasnt bad but i think you should play with their mind a little more by doing some short hops up close. if they swing DI back then do another short hop and hit, and combo off that.

if i had a vid i would show you.

and ivysaur sucks

Fearmy

Smash Ace
for charzaird's glide, you just need to do 2 jumps. hold the jump button when you do your second.

TheLake

Smash Master
Im going to eat you *glare of evil* !!!

With ivysaur of course ^_^

I'll ivysaur your squirtle any day (: Grass does beat water anyways

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
lolol you ****** me at Nes' b-day made me add Trainer as my third main.

Been playing him for a solid month now and having fun.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
Charizards downthrow CAN kill, at pretty decent precents (110ish). Also your spacing video wasn't what I expected. Charizard uses TILTS to space, his dtilt is an excellent excellent spacer. You are playing Charizard like a melee character, short hopping aerials, his mediocre aerials. His fair doesn't have much knockbock unless sweetspotted, and same goes for his bair. Both of which you are spamming out of shield.

Squirtle can utilt falcon to 80%? Hard to believe, did you test this in training mode against a non DI-ing, non jumping computer?

Also wanting to name consecutive utilts the "P BODYY!11" is just bad.

I'll be sticking to Cards guide, sorry dude.
I agree completely, and didn't really feel the need to type it all out and go out of my way. Good effort I guess, but your info seemed rather inaccurate (although I guess the guide was written a while back) but any updates would/should clear any of that up. The text formatting was rather awful as well, since the colors were a nightmare to read. I had to copy paste them into a text file to read them without straining my eyes.

Sorry to have to put your guide down, but I'm giving my honest opinion. On an ending note, don't ever, EVER, EVER name combos after yourself. I mean comon, the "P Body?" There is not the slightest hint at what the combo does, or who the combo is used by, but just the name of a player that deemed himself the creator or discoverer of a series of moves chained together in a combo-like fashion. Ugh.

-Icelement

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I'll vouch for PBodys goodness (in melee) but don't write a guide all in one sitting.

Ed- And charizard's downthrow can only kill at 110 if they DI off the screen and hold it, otherwise 130 is much more accurate.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
Haha iceelement, its just something me & my crew do for fun, we name stuff after us. It shouldn't be taken serious, I didn't think it offend anyone.
Its like the "mango combo", or the "DC".

I'll edit this when I get a chance to go onto a computer.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
Haha iceelement, its just something me & my crew do for fun, we name stuff after us. It shouldn't be taken serious, I didn't think it offend anyone.
Its like the "mango combo", or the "DC".

I'll edit this when I get a chance to go onto a computer.
Either way, joking or not, you might want to skip the 'fun names for moves named after players' if you want any creditability in a serious guide. Just a thought, since multiple people DID mention it.

-Icelement
(only 3 e's, not 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom