• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi’s Mansion (It was made by those who are dead... and the dead keep it...)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Luigi’s stage in Brawl has a unique honor. It is arguably the first Smash Bros stage that is more fun by itself than the entire game it is based on.

Luigi’s Mansion was disappointing for many, despite having an extremely cool premise involving Luigi exploring a haunted house. The stage, however, is actually pretty cool.

Four different rooms are featured in this scaled down version of the Mansion. The style is very true to the game and looks pretty great.

Of course, this stage’s main attraction is that the entire house is destructible. Nice touch.

Naturally, the stage rebuilds after a certain period. Overall, it’s fairly unique and the perfect home turf for the green wonder

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DuL1DTfoXXc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vdMVPS_CQL8

Zevox

Smash Lord
I think this is the best Super Mario Bros. stage. It's music is pretty cool too.
I'd put at second or third best myself - Mushroomy Kingdom and Delfino Plaza are pretty stiff competition there. But still a great stage; one of my favorites from what I've seen, to be sure. I look forward to playing on it.

Zevox

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
My second favorite stage as of now, beat out by Great Sea.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
I'd put at second or third best myself - Mushroomy Kingdom and Delfino Plaza are pretty stiff competition there. But still a great stage; one of my favorites from what I've seen, to be sure. I look forward to playing on it.

Zevox
Gonna have to agree with that.

:3

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I love this stage! I cannot wait for this stage. I haven't seen any videos but I hope some ghosts appear time to time, that would add a whole lot more to the feel of the stage.

ropep0202

Smash Cadet
This is probably the best stage IMO. And the music... the first time I heard it I was shocked.
But still retains the Luigi's Mansion look.
Delicious.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
This stage is really nice, not my fav but still a cool stage regardless. also has an amazing Luigi's Mansion remix.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
This is probably my second favorite stage, after Lylat Cruise.

And there seems to be no hazards at all, but perhaps I just haven't noticed any.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I must be the only one here who really dislikes this stage... the only thing I like about it is one song that can be played on it. ^^; This stage is probably in my bottom 5 along with 75m, Corneria, New Pork City, and Distant Planet. ^^;

Trace_User500

Smash Apprentice
I must be the only one here who really dislikes this stage... the only thing I like about it is one song that can be played on it. ^^; This stage is probably in my bottom 5 along with 75m, Corneria, New Pork City, and Distant Planet. ^^;
You hate all the good ones.
Yeah Luigi's Mansion is one of my favorite, the game was great, this stage is great, and I'm hoping for Luigi's Mansion 2!
EDIT: And the music is great too!

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Well Corneria is OKAY but I hate how much people choose it online... and Distant Planet... meh I just don't like it. =P But New Pork City and 75m are near impossible for me to fight on... it's more like I just run and jump on those stages whether it's trying to catch an opponent or run from them. ^^;

Luigi's Mansion is only on the list because the layout bores me and I hate stages that fall apart... I mean Skyworld falls apart but at least you can still stand on the platforms... and Shadow Moses Island irks me because it's just a pain sometimes... and Green Hill Zone would be nice if the bottom didn't fall apart on me... Spear Pillar falls apart and has all sorts of chaos but at least when it falls apart there's a lower level to rely on... I mean Luigi's Mansion has that but the all around design and layout doesn't really work for me... I find it rather dreary and dull. @_@

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Props for the quote in the thread title.

And yes, this is one of my favorite stages in Brawl period. The music alone makes it worth it (personally I keep it on Tetris A most often). I love destructable stages in games and Luigi's mansion for that reason is a great stage where tactics change as you fight because the stage breaks down.

Only stages I like better are Castle Seige and Mario Circuit (as a big Mario Kart fan I really love taht stage)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luigi’s stage in Brawl has a unique honor. It is arguably the first Smash Bros stage that is more fun by itself than the entire game it is based on.
Honestly I think the game is a lot more fun.

The stage is pretty weird with all of the crumbling.

Top Bottom