• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retro-rific!: The Official Mario Bros Stage Thread

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Retro-rific!: The Official Mario Bros Stage Thread

Be it from arcades, the GBA Mario games or the Wii’s Virtual Console gamers the world over know and respect the original Mario Bros game. Now, the game that consumed a trillion quarters is lovingly recreated in this extremely cool stage.

Oddly enough, I remember thinking when I first played this on the Mario Bros 3 GBA cart how perfect this game would be in Smash. Seems like Sakuarai thought the same, because this is almost an exact recreation.

Naturally, classic enemies like the Shell Creepers (the granddaddy of the koopa troopa) and Side Steppers (those enemy crabs).

Hit their weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

Judging by how hazardous the enemies are, I’d say this stage is the very definition of tourney banned. But it should also be an absolute blast in free-for-all matches.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eLm-Vt7scNI

DQP

Smash Ace
oh i have a feeling it will be banned, but it's still definitely a retro-riffic stage. i really like it!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would have had a better "Feel" to it if you could walk through the sides instead of DEATH like the original...

Also, if it had FIghter flies, fireballs, and freezies (Don't remember if the original had fighter flies though)

Kruton

Smash Ace
The Creeps and the Steppers his HARD. It's the primary way to KO on the level.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Not going to be my favorite Mario stage - that place is rightly held by Delfino Plaza.

Still, looks pretty fun, and quite a faithful recreation. Might give it a shot, just for the nostalgia factor it so exudes.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the stage. Will probably be interesting to play on, but I doubt I will pick it often, and I think another series should have gotten a stage, or if it must be Mario a Bowser's Castle stage.

Still it's unique and faithful to it's source, which are always worth bonus points.

FigmentJedi

Smash Rookie
I'm totally playing as Snake on this stage online just so I can set the text taunt to "CRAB BATTLE!" when the Side Steppers show up.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
It looks ok, but I agree that Bowsers Castle should have been a playable stage in Brawl. I'm sure it'd of been a fun one to play on!

:3

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I was just watching that vid and then suddenly, the Punch Out music came up... Ah, I love Smash.

Looks like a fun stage, if a bit difficult to play in.

Top Bottom