• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tournament Results

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
In order to track how successful Zamus is in Brawl, as well as her most effective players, I present the ZSS tournament results:
Johnny Blitz: 9th out of 23 entrants at Champ Combo Pocket at Bellflower, CA in February
MprisM: 4th out of 29 entrants at UMKC at Kansas City, MO in February
Johnny Blitz: 7th out of 44 entrants at Chapman 4.0 at Orange, CA in February
The Great Leon: 25th out of 44 entrants at Chapman 4.0 at Orange, CA in February
RareTruffle: 2nd out of ? entrants at Ender's games 6 at Sacramento, CA in March
The Alpha Gundam: 9th out of 78 entrants at Final Round XI at Tempe, AZ in March
James Sparrow: 17th out of 48 entrants at Huge Johnz 3 at Hammond, IN in March
Joshu: 17th out of 48 entrants at Huge Johnz 3 at Hammond, IN in March
James Sparrow: 7th out of 30 entrants at DUMB at Winona, MN in March
The Great Leon: 25th out of 49 entrants at FFA Items tourny at Granada Hills, CA in March
I feel asleep: 3th out of 45 entrants at Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney at Tempe, AZ in April
RareTruffle: 48th out of 138 entrants at Capitol Brawl at Reno, NV in April
RareTruffle: 3th out of 14 entrants at Yuba Monthly 4/12/08 at Yuba City, CA in April
Dazwa: 4th out of 87 entrants at -X.E.S.T.I.C.L.E.- at Wallingford, CT in April
FadedImage: 13th out of 59 entrants at AznForce 4.0 at Lake Forest, CA in April
RareTruffle: 1st out of 24 entrants at Yuba Monthly 4/26/08 at Yuba City, CA in April
James Sparrow: 1st out of 96 entrants at Riverview FFA tourny at Minneapolis, MN in May
James Sparrow: 2nd out of 16 entrants at Teflon Climbers Series at Minneapolis, MN in May
RareTruffle: 7th out of 42 entrants at Ender's games 8 at Sacramento, CA in May
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
I'll touch up the formatting as more results are received.

To submit results, please PM me the following (please keep replies limited to discussion only):

• Username and profile (if other than yourself)
  • Placing result (#th out of XX entrants)
  • Entrance Fee and money won, if any
  • Thread, and any of the following not given in the thread:
    • Tournament name
    • Venue name
    • Location (City, State, Country or region if WiFi)
    • Date(s) being held
    • Formatting (eg Standard Singles)
If, in your crucial matches, you played Samus more than Zamus in the tournament, please use the Samus Tournament Results thread instead.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
It looks like ZSS is doing pretty well so far. Then again, it looks like Johnny Blitz is just a good player.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion

Family Fun Arcade had items on. We were being guinea pigs. Also, Blitz dropped Zamus. She's not too fun nowadays.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Family Fun Arcade had items on. We were being guinea pigs. Also, Blitz dropped Zamus. She's not too fun nowadays.
Yea I notice. I seen him playing ROB I think. Ahh well he may come back to her who knows. Then again someone new may show of for her. Tourneys will be interesting these days :p. I need to enter some tourneys myself. I don't think I am that good but worth a try.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Hey Phanna, would you allow me to take your idea to other character specific threads? This is a very good thread you have here.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Hey Phanna, would you allow me to take your idea to other character specific threads? This is a very good thread you have here.
Please do, I just can't update it for every characters' forum.

And I just updated the first post, if your results are missing, make sure to PM them to me with the required details, thank you.

Rebelli0n

Smash Cadet
1st

Take it or leave it. I came in 1st out of 10 contestants in the harrisburg area community college 2nd annual Super Smash Bro Tourny. Not alot of people showed up though (as you can see) but i still won $40 lol.

X_A

Smash Rookie
I got third with ZSS in Tulsa Oklahoma, at an anime convention called Minicon, March 15th. 32 attended, don't really remember the prize money, as it was a small pot fee. Singles, double elim. I was beat by a Mario and (barely by) a Lucario -_- oi. Thread is on the okgamers.com forums.

X A

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Nice Sparrow 1 out of 96. What can you say about the other people at the tourney? What chars did they use and how skilled were they, also were they suprised by ZSS?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well I've placed in the money in the NYC weeklies a few times (which are possibly the most competitive Brawl tournies), but this is the first I guess I can put down in this thread:

Montage Presents: The Peak
Teams 2nd out of 25 teams

(the name links to the results)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Well I've placed in the money in the NYC weeklies a few times (which are possibly the most competitive Brawl tournies), but this is the first I guess I can put down in this thread:

Montage Presents: The Peak
Teams 2nd out of 20 teams
(I think it was 20 teams if you want then wait until we have the full results and I'll edit this post)
I thought it was 22 teams. And ****, you guys were so close to beating M2K/Velocity. Such good matches.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Nice Sparrow 1 out of 96. What can you say about the other people at the tourney? What chars did they use and how skilled were they, also were they suprised by ZSS?
Most people were pretty bad, and it was weird because it was FFA tourny. ZSS worked very well for the ffa's. The good people that were there were chexr, superdoodleman, teflon climbers, seanson, and a few others. not many other people had heard of smashboards. The finals was 1v1 against a wolf, i 3 stocked him. The semi finals was 1v1v1, and my game was me vs chexr (wolf) and seanson (lucas). I got down to one life first so they put me on a back burner so to speak. After chexr killed seanson's remaining stock I got a plasma whip KO to get him down to one life. I had pretty high percent, but managed to pull off a bunch of dsmashes in a row to get him up into ko range. That match was much more intense than the others.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
There were 25 teams, and yeah I thought we were gonna take it :(. But wait were you the guy that I was taking to and gave a bit of advice vs Snake?
Yeah, I was.

Gah, just thinking back to how close my match with that guy...

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
Hasn't been an update in awhile. =(

* RareTruffle
* 2nd place

o Ender's games 6
o Heroes Alley
o Sacramento, Ca
o March 15th 2008
o Standard singles

* RareTruffle
*48 out of 138 entrants

o Capitol Brawl
o The warehouse
o Reno, Nevada
o April 9th, 2008
o Standard singles

* RareTruffle
*3rd out of 14 entrants

o Yuba Monthly 4/12/08
o Powerplay Game Lounge
o Yuba City, CA
o April 12th, 2008
o Standard singles

* RareTruffle
*1st out of 24 entrants

o Yuba Monthly 4/26/08
o Powerplay Game Lounge
o Yuba City, Ca
o April 26th, 2008
o Standard singles

* RareTruffle
* 7th out of 42 entrants

o Ender's games 8
o Heroes Alley
o Sacramento, Ca
o May 17th 2008
o Standard singles

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Hasn't been an update in awhile. =(
Your PM didn't even say whether your results were for ZSS or Samus, so I didn't know which thread to update. You also didn't specify entrance fees, payouts if any, or threads, but I still updated.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Your PM didn't even say whether your results were for ZSS or Samus, so I didn't know which thread to update. You also didn't specify entrance fees, payouts if any, or threads, but I still updated.
You updated for him, but you didn't add mine :(. I posted here and PMed you a while ago.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
SWR: 17th out of 61 in singles.

I'm improving, slowly. Took a stock off of Diem's MK, so I'm happy.

Montage just had to come.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
13th out of 50 at Terrabite singles.

I need to stop losing to Meta Knight.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Are all of these placings incorporated into Ankoku's ranking list? It seems like Zero Suit Samus ought to be ranked a lot higher on that list (she's almost at the bottom) considering all of these placings.

Unless all of these placings are from the spring and Ankoku is only taking summer ones.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm about to make a Meta guide, but thats a decent placing....if only someone had told me about that tourney -_-
Montage 2 this Saturday! Same venue as the one you almost beat M2k and Velocity at!

You need to be more active on AllisBrawl, that's where the rest of us find out this stuff.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
... Aaaaaaand I get 33rd in Montage 2.

Losing to PRiDE's Yoshi, what the hell. I wish I could practice that matchup now. At least he can't CG me.

Snakeee

Smash Master
No johns lol Pride is a beast. I don't even want to talk about the Montage tourney with that horrendous bracket I got. Maybe I should mention 4th in teams though?
Then again Phanna didn't even put my 2nd place victory -_-

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
hey so I'm guessing you were the ZSS that beat my falco in those close matches huh snake. Those games was sure close (except the first). I lasted a long time in the losers brackets after that until I ran into a metalknight =(

yea pride was a beast with that yoshi lol

Snakeee

Smash Master
hey so I'm guessing you were the ZSS that beat my falco in those close matches huh snake. Those games was sure close (except the first). I lasted a long time in the losers brackets after that until I ran into a metalknight =(

yea pride was a beast with that yoshi lol
Yeah, your Falco is really good. I'm sorry I took you lightly at first, and it almost costed me the match X_X
You should practice the match up for Meta if you're having trouble because I don't think it's a bad match up for Falco but I could be wrong.

Edit: I didn't mean I took you lightly by using Marth because I even used him against D1's Falco after...I don't really like the match up with ZSS but you're not used to fighting a good ZSS player I'm sure.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
yea I like the way you beat me with ZSS. it was pretty cool.

anyways I will be there next friday, i was hoping alukard was gonna be there so that i can play his metaknight. I really wanted to stay with falco that whole tournament so that I don't have to rely on my snake.

so hopefully I'll play another time snake you have a good ZSS.

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
Really jazzed to see how Zamus will place in a couple upcoming tourneys. Are there any other Zero suits going to the OMG or BIO?

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
BIO is too far for me, but where's OMG?

I might be going to the Oxnard tourney, which looks quite promising.

I just placed 9th at Nexus, which had a lot of talent at it, so hopefully I'll start getting top 8s and putting ZSS on Ankoku's list... d:

Top Bottom