• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Tournament Results

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
In order to track how successful Samus is in Brawl, as well as her most effective players, I present the Samus tournament results:
Tudor: 25th out of 88 entrants at PLAY N TRADE at Las Vegas, CA in May
Tudor: 7th out of 37 entrants at PLAY N TRADE at Las Vegas, CA in May
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
I'll touch up the formatting as more results are received.

To submit results, please PM me the following (please keep replies limited to discussion only):

• Username and profile (if other than yourself)
  • Placing result (#th out of XX entrants)
  • Entrance Fee and money won, if any
  • Thread, and any of the following not given in the thread:
    • Tournament name
    • Venue name
    • Location (City, State, Country or region if WiFi)
    • Date(s) being held
    • Formatting (eg Standard Singles)
If, in your crucial matches, you played Zamus more than Samus in the tournament, please use the Zero Suit Samus Tournament Results thread instead.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's only been a few weeks since it's been out, samus probably still has some more tricks up her sleeve!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Will the GameStop tournaments count?

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Notice how ZSS is doing way better at tournaments.

What a totally subtle way to sell Samus's body, Sakurai.

tempestknight

Smash Rookie
Notice how ZSS is doing way better at tournaments.

What a totally subtle way to sell Samus's body, Sakurai.
That might be from more people using ZSS to try her out. Personally I'm still on the fence as to which one of the two I'll start out with at the Gamestop tournaments.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo phanna, i just got 3rd in seibrik and linguini's smash bash losing to Ice Kid and Galeon (****ing beast.....for no reason)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am ranked 3rd on Smashbrawl rankings and I am the only person to beat the 1st ranked person. I am up two sets on him. Does that count for anything? lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got 5th at a moderatly big tournament. I got 1st in pools :).

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Hey Phanna, would you allow me to take your idea to other character specific threads? This is a very good thread you have here.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
Are these just the better samus tourny results or just any thats submitted? if its just the better ones its hard to judge soz..

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Hey Phanna, would you allow me to take your idea to other character specific threads? This is a very good thread you have here.
Please do, I just can't update it for every characters' forum.

And I just updated the first post, if your results are missing, make sure to PM them to me with the required details, thank you.

Jasona

Smash Ace
just got back from my first brawl tournament. knocked out in the second round ROFL. MD/VA are monsters.
nobody there had seen a samus before. none of them thought she was any good, which was surprising. i guess it makes sense since the game has only been out for 2 months, but it still feels weird

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Must I follow you Jasona and correct you? You were knocked out third round, not second. -_-"

Dais

Smash Cadet
I just got 7th at this tournament in Birmingham (I pmed the facts to phanna) I do believe I was the only person even playing as Samus. I'm used to only fighting my brother who has all my timing and mind-games memorized so I really got the impression that people were not expecting a skilled Samus. I was scoring charge shot set-ups my bro would normally dodge like it was a jab. So think of it as an advantage that there are few Samus players.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Cheers to the Samus players! The biggest reason I play Samus is because I love seeing her hold her own (even in eventual defeat as the case might be). Any kind of Samus ownage will be appreciated. ^^

I'm doing some work with the character (mained in Melee/teams main in Brawl), but I just have too little exposure to competitive metagame to (consistantly) hold my own against that type of player.

((This post was more about avoiding spam so I could find this topic later...haven't quite mastered the forgotten art of how to subscribe to ' ' without posting in ' '. =$ ))

Ravin

Smash Lord
Placed 12th out of 48 people at the Coloraod Cutthroat Connection today (part two). Considering half the bracket was MK and Snake, I did fairly well. Ill be uploading some videos soon.

part one I think I placed 8th out of 30 something people, making it to the semis in the losers bracket.

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/SummerSlugger3.php

Erm, Ill be uploading some of the footage later tonight.

Jokercrow

Smash Rookie
I am ranked 3rd on Smashbrawl rankings and I am the only person to beat the 1st ranked person. I am up two sets on him. Does that count for anything? lol.
I can tell you that it does count for me. I used to play with Samus in Melee and change my mind when I saw how they changed her for Brawl. I tought that she wasn't that good anymore and that she did not suit my style anymore. But seeing you with her in 3rd place on Smashbrawl rankings reminds me that all characters can be good on good hands

Thanks Hylian.

Top Bottom