• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing The Brawl Stage Database!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's no doubt that the Stage Builder in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the best new assets to the game, but there isn't a way to share stages effectively. You can send stages to friends, but theres no way to say.... share your stage with everyone on Smash Boards. This is where I have come in with an idea to solve all of this: The Brawl Stage Database!

I've had my own site for a while www.followingrevolution.com, so I figured this was a good place to make it. Also, because I recently bought my own web server, I am offering to host everyones Brawl Stages for free!

You can visit the Brawl Stage Database HERE

The way the Brawl Stage Database works is that you provide the actual stage file from the SD Card you save it to. Don't worry for everyone that doesn't know how to obtain this file, as I provide tutorials on the site for how to get this file and put it online.

There is currently only one stage available as of now, some stupid stage made by forums member RoyKid, but it's quite fun to play on lol. As soon as people start submitting more stages, it will certainly be a great place to find new stages to play.

Once more stages start to show up, I will start to organize them either alphabetically, or something else such as by size, and feature important stages at the top if they are for a tournament or something.

Mods, can this perhaps become a sticky so everyone can always find it? This will also be a great way for everyone to share official stages if a tournament decides to allow a custom stage ahead of time.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Don't know if it's entirely unrealistic but a thumbnail shot of each stage would sure improve this system. I'm not sure if I'd care to download completely random stages that I can't see until I boot them up in-game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there simply isnt enough room as of now to include a thumbnail, but i might make it its own page later for more room. there will be a link under the picture column so you can view a snapshot of it like you said, but there wasnt one provided for RoyKid's Terrible Stage. As long as the person also submits a snapshot though, it will be there for everyone to see.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
get us a snapshot roykid lol. put it on your tv and just take a picture lol. send it to the email i put on the submit page and il add it

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
This sounds amazing. It would be great if there was eventually a rating system so the best stages will float to the top.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
u can put a ms paint SS here lol, but i think il stray away from those on the database lol.

of the updated a want to make in the future, a rating system is definitely one of them. i want to include that, and a number of times its been downloaded. i really just wanted to atleast get this out now since a good amount of ppl are getting the game, and the US launch is only a few weeks away.

so yea, this isnt the final version of the stage database, but this atleast provides a decent service as it is now.

true, perhaps this should be stickied in stage discussion. whatever, it works anywhere lol

Hound

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a good idea. I hope it works because it seems like a lot of time and hard work.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just to make sure everyone realizes, the database is ready. anyone can start submitting stages now!

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
get us a snapshot roykid lol. put it on your tv and just take a picture lol. send it to the email i put on the submit page and il add it
Took a screen shot for you. I wasn't sure what size you needed exactly so there are two different sizes.

Smaller Screen shot:
http://files.filefront.com/Roykid+Stage+1jpg/;9640861;/fileinfo.html

Larger Screen Shot:
http://files.filefront.com/Roykid+Stage+2jpg/;9640863;/fileinfo.html

This is a very awesome thing your doing. I would love to help in any way I can, just let me know.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
thumbnails would be nice on the site. No one wants to download before they know what it looks like.
Or unless my browser is not loading the images.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
thumbnails would be nice on the site. No one wants to download before they know what it looks like.
Or unless my browser is not loading the images.
Thats what he was asking for ^^. He needed an screen shot of the stage so he could a thumbnail.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thanks for the help hitaku, any helps, especially screenshots like that
everyone: (roykids stage does go down a lot furhter, but u get the idea lol)
once a bunch of stages start coming in i doubt il have time to load em all up myself to take snaps.
iv updated the database with the image u sent me, so everyone can now see it before they download it. just click the picture link and u can check it out. a large rez is fine since im linking to it and not embedding it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Edit: Wow sorry double post lol

once a bunch of stages start coming in i doubt il have time to load em all up myself to take snaps.
iv updated the database with the image u sent me, so everyone can now see it before they download it. just click the picture link and u can check it out. a large rez is fine since im linking to it and not embedding it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Edit: First triple post iv ever done lol, smashboards is being pretty bad right now lol

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Triple post! Lol jk =P

As far as the screen shot going down more. I wasn't sure how to get more of it in the picture. Thats about as much of it as I could get.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea dont worry about the screenshot, it looks awesome as it is.

yea i cant wait till ppl start putting stage on this thing. once i get my copy in a couple days il put some up. once the US version comes out im sure there will be a bunch of em

shadowboy

Smash Rookie
I'll up some of mine next time I play... monday.
No camera tho :(
I made one that is purely falling platforms, if you aren't sonic your screwed lol.
And I made a perfect box
And some other wierd ones.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thanks, i main sonic lol. il find a way to best the stage.
yea i figured not everyone i had cameras which is why pictures are optional and me or someone else will try to get pics of it

shadowboy

Smash Rookie
Uploading today.
Sorry, I was banned from wii for a while cause of homework issues.
I am going to make some new stages today too, and make some that benefit snake.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
great idea! needs decriptions and rating and ull be all set

charlie1

Smash Rookie
Great site! I found a similar one of wiinintendo.net though here
It doesn't have any stages though...but the web design looks to be a lot better and the forums are lively. Not that this one is bad, but this one seems to me a bit more attractive imho. I've already registered on the site btw :bee:

Top Bottom