• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

16:9 Stage6 1 v 1 HQ Videos (Plus impressions + new gimp!)

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys!

So i've been playing brawl as much as a can outside of work time and managed to set aside some time for recording a few matches :)

They're all very high quality, recorded in 16:9 and put in maximum settings on DivX.

I personally think with the increased graphics, we should move up onto stage6 (just my opinion) so i'll be making a stand by having no youtube versions lol

Anyway, spkz mains PT and Snake and i main Pit and Sonic.

Impressions:

I've had it a few days and i love the game. It feels natural (not at first, but after about half an hour :p) and to me feels better than melee. The decrease in speed is compensated by the number of new things you can do. The decrease in speed gives you time to truely consider your options in the situations you are confronted with. The number of characters is also... overwhealming! Even now there are too many for me to pick a main! They are all so different (finally!) There are no clones i can tell you that - everyone feels completely different from one another. Combo potential is really high, however there is a lot more to take into account. This game will no doubt be more about thinking carefully - and going for the gimp kills.

For one thing, PT can be gimped BADLY. Whenever they're not charizard of squirtle, you can just get them off stage, and because the auto sweetspot doesnt work when someone is on the ledge, they simply fall to their death (which is demonstrated in these vids :p).

That is of course a very brief discription - however i'd like to add that the games pwns all :p

Anyway... Here are the vids :)

(All videos are on what we would define as 'official' stages, without items, 3 stock 6mins).

v3xd [Pit] vs spKz [PT] 4

v3xd [Pit] vs spKz [Snake] 8

v3xd [Pit] vs spKz [Snake] 7

v3xd [Pit] vs spKz [PT] 9

v3xd [Pit] vs spKz [PT] 3

v3xd [Pit] vs spKz [PT] 2

v3xd [Ike] vs spKz [PT] 6

v3x (Fox) vs spKz (Pokemon Trainer)

I will add more! :p

v3x? (Marth) vs spKz (Snake) 1 <- A must see match

JCrazYAkumA

Smash Rookie
damm PT look top tier looks like they dont have much lag to them but still dont know have to play with them to figure them out and snake is awesome! i want to main Pit how does he feel like?

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Pit feels awesome lol - i've found a few things out i'll be posting up in a sec

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this is way better than YouTube, I think this should be the new standard. Very nice matches too, I especially like how you play Ivysaur, very aggressive. =)

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Great vids first off. I absolutely loved the Snake vs. Pit matches. Pit's a beast, and Squirtle just scares me.

I am wondering, however, your thoughts on Ike, V3x?.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
The 'Must Watch' Snake V Marth game was terrible. >.> SD's on both sides, and the snake player didn't really seem to be sure what he was doing at times.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
@ Fizz-sama

Ike... Feels amazing again - but i don't think i'd be taking him to any tournaments lol when you do a move, you feel it lol He's SOO powerful, and that more than compensates for any lag he has. To be honest, if you know someones bad habits, go Ike and show them how well you can abuse their bad habits - otherwise i'd stick with speed characters. Slow has never been my style.

@ Lunaretic - yeah i've actually taken the video down because i posted up the wrong one :p

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
thank you! this is awesome!! Is actually very good to see the game at his full splendor. I actually understood many moves on high quality. On you tube it is a bit hard to see hit boxes and attack details. Thanks again!!

wakka444

Smash Ace
Great stuff seriously youtube bugs me so much so its nice to see ppl taking it up a notch and squirtle is sooo cute^^

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Sure thing guigui

HeroXL - sorry was new to me :p [didnt read up!]

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, V. By the way, could someone tell me what Gimp actually means?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Interesting. In the Fox vs. PT fight on FD, you can see Squirtle start to get fatigued, but, it didnt really seem to affect how he fought. He was still able to quickly move across the field.

Maybe it IS still possible to main a Pokemon.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Interesting. In the Fox vs. PT fight on FD, you can see Squirtle start to get fatigued, but, it didnt really seem to affect how he fought. He was still able to quickly move across the field.

Maybe it IS still possible to main a Pokemon.

Foxy

Smash Master
Great, great vids. Best quality we've seen yet. Loved Squirtle's up-tilt combo, that was ridiculous. Made my day.

Glad to see that great quality is accompanied by smart and skilled players! Makes it much nicer to watch.

However, show some matches with more characters! We don't care if you aren't too good with them, just show us their moves!

worm

Smash Cadet
I'm sure they're great videos, but I can't install the DivX player on my computer at work. Lame.

Elidibus

Smash Cadet
Awesome vids! Can't wait to see more! That Fox V PT vid was truly epic and the best thing was i could see all the moves in really good detail.

And it almost seemed to me that Charizard was some kind of counter to Fox. I dunno, he seemed to have more priority over him. And Squirtle scares me. Seriously. And i was just gonna write off PT. Seems he's going to take alot more consideration than i previously thought.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
And then I learned the horrid truth that Stage6 was gone.

Are you gonna move these to another video hosting site?

Top Bottom