• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo hosts Brawl tourneys starting this Saturday

RayLewis08

Smash Rookie
Nintendo is saying: "Illegally obtain a copy of the game and you can win a free crystal Wii!"

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Who the hell has the time to go to that AND travel to NYC just to win a Wii and Brawl? Maybe if it was for some large cash amount it would be worth it.

paOol

Smash Apprentice
where do you sign up? im down to go this saturday since im in the LA area.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Hm... maybe I'll go to the LA one. Not to win, but to play some Brawl.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
No way I can go to any of these this weekend. These aren't the Gamestop ones people have been talking about, right?

paOol

Smash Apprentice
no this has nothing to do with gamestop. its even on the official nintendo website.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I'm most definitely going to the NYC one. Just have to take the train in and it's no problem. Hopefully, no one good goes. Plus I get to practice 2 weeks before the game comes out.

M.K

Level 55
Nintendo is FAIL...

Instead of strategically placing the four tournaments in each 1/4 section of the US (One In California, Washington, Florida, and New York)...they put 2 in the Northeast and 2 in California.

Nintendo is epic fail at throwing a Brawl -.-

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Oh New York, why must you be a 7 hour drive away?

*Glares at MetalKnux's avatar*

Hmm... Something is fishy here...

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
jksbgvalbdf.

I live less than an hour away from the Los Angeles location, but I'm freakin' going to Las Vegas this weekend (thanks to President's Day)!

Horrible timing...

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind, each tourney takes place on a separate day..Feb 18th for LA, Feb 23rd for San Fran, March 1st for the one in Worcester (Yea, the article says it takes place in Boston, but it actually seems to be in Worcester, which although close to Boston, is not Boston) and March 8th for NYC. Also, finalists from each tourney will go to NYC to finish up, I guess, and each participant gets a 10 dollar gift certificate for Best Buy even if they lose

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Screw this, I'm buying plane tickets.
I was thinking the same thing, how much do you think a plain ticket will cost from PA to NY?, are their cheaper alternatives?, Does anyone in here fly to events normally? FIND out on the next exciting installment of DRAGON BALL Z!!!, but seriously.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Alright...
Way to ignore the entire southeast, cause you know, we wouldn't like to go to a Brawl tournament .

A thought just came to my mind:

It will probably be an 'all maps, items: ON' tournament.

Good luck.
Out of spit, I hope this guy is right.

Well, no not really but, still. **** it!

Top Bottom