• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RE EDITED Danimals Guide To Maining Diddy Kong, (VIDEOS updated)

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
DANIMALS GUIDE

I Re edited all of this for you can undertsand better, and remember if you learned anything about diddy or combos that you have learned post them to help people out. thats why this thread is here to help out. ^_^

well hey the name is DaniMals Ive been using Diddy Kong alot and Im maining him of course.
so I learned alot of stuff with Diddy of course i don't know everything but Im pretty good with him.

If you want to ask for specific thingz as well ask me on AIM

WOWDANIMALS

BASICS

A button- well he does like two swings with his hands then he uses tail for some tail action,
just "hold A" when Diddy starts using his tails and he will continue to swing away with his tail
"It's really good for rackinp up damage and kinda good for spacing"

TILTS

UP TILT- Diddy swings upwards does not have lag and really good for juggling
"you'll be using his UP TILIT alot especially good for big opponents"

FORWARD TILT- Diddy extends his arms forward giving you a good range and this move actually has good hit back and could possible K.O

DOWN TILT- Diddy does a clap with his hands not very useful but it works

SMASH ATTACKS

UP SMASH- Diddys up smash he swings widly upward causing multpile hit's racking up damage (It doesnt K.O it's not good for that)

FORWARD SMASH- Diddy swings forward like 3 times last hit with a good knockback
(really good for spacing and K.O actually one of his best moves for K.O)

DOWN SMASH- Diddy sweeps the floor with his feet kinda like a breakdance move really useful (recommend using this after a roll or something really good for K.O)

AERIALS

UP AIR- Diddy does a Backflip in the air while kicking kinda good for K.O
(recommend for using this attck to juggle to rack up damage)

FORWARD AIR- Diddy like turns his whole body sideways and does a drill kick
(it has little lag but for knocking opponents off stage also a K.O move)
TIP-recommend falling off the stage with this Foward air while opponent is trying to get back on stage good for edge guarding-

Neutral- diddy does a kartwheel in mid air it is very useful for falling on a character with it.
It's always good to do a up tilt right after cause up titl has no lag

BACK AIR- Diddy kicks backwards while doing a spin. Really useful for back air spamming
(it has really no lag you can actually do two back airs in one short hop jump)
TIP-while doing a back air opponent still blocking right when you hit the ground after the backair do a forward smash very useful.

DOWN AIR- Diddy Clutches his fist while hitting downwards. So goooooood
(has to be one of the best spikes so strong and recommend to do it alot when you have the oppritunity)
EXAMPLE IN THE BEGINING OF THIS VID
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TkOhbFW5ZQM

SPECIAL ATTACKS

HIS B ATTACK PEANUTS- Diddy bustes out his peanut gun and shoots peanuts
(holding B will make the peanuts faster, stronger, and more straight. if you just tap B the peanuts will go upwards)
TIP-good for campers just shoot them with peanuts or opponents trying to get back on stage just shoot peanuts at them-
REMINDER-holding peanuts to long will cause the gun to explode in your face kinda funny[
SIDE B- Diddy jumps onto the opponent latching on them and tap A to hit them or push up to bounce off there head.
while pushing side B that will make you jump sideways instead of grabbing them Push B again and you will do a KUNG-FU kick (very useful for approaching an opponent)
TIP- You can use this side B to help you get back on stage, you can also still use your barrel cannons after(UP B)
TIP 2- (when you latch on them off stage stay on them and you will be falling down with them at the last moment when they are about to get K.O push up to bounce off there head and they will plummit down well your able to recover-also known as a spike)
REMINDER- but while using your side B to get back on stage dont do the KUNG -FU kick cause after that you cant use your Barrel Cannons(UP-B)

DOWN B- Diddys tosses a banana behind him the max you can take out is 2 but very good
(these bananas causes opponents to slip and gives you a oppurtunity to grab them or hit them, but banans dont do damage when they slip on them and they don't affect you when there your bananas)
REMINDER- You can pick up these bananas and toss them at them that will cause like 5% and remember the opponent can grab the banans and toss them at you and they will become there bananas.TIP- use these bananas for edge guarding place them near the egde when opponent is trying to get back on stage and this will help out, And remember this is very good for fast opponents it messes up ther speed advantage

UP B- Diddy uses his barrel cannons the longer you hold it the higher you go and stronger it is also you can angle his barrels while holding B very good UP B.
(If an opponent hits you while your charging your UP B one of the barrels will fly off and hits the stage when it flys off it can cause a k.o)TIP- Its could be use as a spike if opponent is under you

PROS
1.bananas,unbelivebly good for a number of reasons.
k bananas are really good for approaches
and really good for those characters that are hard to get in.
also gives you an opening, also use it against those camping characters
just put it this way bananas are recommended.

2.Diddys grabs have to be another real useful thing.
there so fast and no lag very quick.
and could kill on high damage
back throws, down throws and forward throws have to be the most useful things.
and some could lead to aerial attack so use diddys throws there very good.

3.Diddys recovery has to be one of diddys strong points as well.
remember diddy has a side b and up b to get back on stage
but everytime you get hit you get your up b back and your side b
it will help out alot I guarentee. Remember you can angle his up b.

4.In my opinon the best thing about diddy has to be his dash attack cause it has no lag.
so you can up smash out of it or up tilt. Also diddys up tilt has no lag and really usefull recommend you use it alot.

CONS
Diddys weaknesses -__-

1.first has to be diddys up B its good but at the same time its bad cause if you get hit or hit with any item it explodes and can cause you to get k.o cause it lags for a while.
and watch how you angle it cause if you hit the wall or angle it off a little you can hit the stage and cause your barrels to explode and cause you to k.o as well.

2.Has to be diddys lack in k.o moves he really only has two that can kill on stage f.smash and d.smash and when he is fighting a big character like dedede it is very hard to k.o.
diddy has a problem k.oing big characters. His up smash sucks so bad to at k.oing so that doesnt help either. -__-

other than that Diddy ***** ^_^

DANIMALS COMBO SET UPS-

1.really good for big people like king dedede or bowser any one thats big it can also work on
average size characters but may be a bit harder to do on
(when on low damage run towards opponent with an up smash then up tilt multiple times
almost like juggling and when there a little in the air you can low jump then up air then possible to foward air or backwards air them.

2. 2. this combo worked its very simple kinda lol
tap A once
then down tilt
then down smash
simple but done fast enough its a 3 hit combo
Its called the danimals lol its the only way i found the down tilt useful

3.When opponent is on high damage like 80%-130%
use his down tilt he will clap his hands and make the opponent rise in the air that will alow you time to forward air right after really good set up

HERE IS A COUPLE VIDEOS ON DIDDY (Ill Update more)

1. Here is a couple of diddys movesets and his final smash
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S8FQt3rvkzk

2. Here is A couple matches of me and gimpyfish not that recent we were barely learning the game(I will update more recent ones soon)

Danimals (Diddy) vs Gimpyfish (Bowser)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TkOhbFW5ZQM

Danimals (Diddy) vs Gimpyfish (Bowser) 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p6cNlgB69ww

Danimals (Diddy) vs Gimpyfish (Mario)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KjQS8LCHF9A

Weird Glitches for Diddy Kong

1.Barrel Boost video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uair9THRI

WELL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK
AND LET ME KNOW IF ITS EASIER TO UNDERSTAND
THANX AND I WILL UPDATE MORE SO STAY TUNE
^_^

GOTM

Smash Champion
i have a few questions. im a diddy main too ;) ive played the game for about like 3.5 hours total, and ill be playin more today so why not get some tips, lol

1. whats the best way to use bananas to edgeguard?

2. is his forward smash more powerful if your not RIGHT next to them when you use it?

3. what do you mean is dair is a "picth"? also, is it a spike, or a meteor? im tryin to find out if the people i did it to were just not cancelling it, lol

4. you dont think the peanut gun is useful as an approach, ala Falcos lasers in melee? (albeit nowhere near as effective)

kafke

Smash Apprentice
interesting, I will certainly look forward to playing as diddy. Although he isn't going to be my main, I will probably still play as him.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Well this is Danimals im maining Diddy Kong we have the game so Ive been playing for two weeks already. and all I pick is Diddy kong so I know kida what his weaknesses are and what moves are good know the best ways to get back on stage so this thread is to help you out with Diddy kong so if you have any questions let me know and I will help you out. Im pretty good with Diddy Ive beaten Gimpyfish, Larry, Pycho migdet, DC, Mr.Pbody in all sets yet have not lost a set.

1.Bannanas Diddy bannas are really helpful they best way to use them is throw them at oponents this wont do damage but it will allow you time for you to run and grab them or even smash them depends on the situation there very useful. but the only problems are they can grab them too. so when you last threw it you cannot slip on it only the oppenent but if they throw yeah switched around you trip only they dont so use these bannas wisely. there really good for edge garding leaves the opponent with little options.

2.smash attacks are really good the ones that could K.O is really his downsmash, and his forward smash so you wanna save those to there at kinda high percent cause if you spam the move it gets weaker, you can also use the forward smash to space its really good for spacing for the opponent cant sheild grab you.
k the upsmash does not really k.o it racks up damage and could lad to a combo though like after up air or something as well depends how they D.I but you can run and upsmash so its very useful.

3.Aerials really really useful his aerials is honestly what makes Diddy good in my opinonup air is kinda for comboling,
but his forward air and backward air are very very useful they do k.o if you dont spam to much and its so perfect for getting your opponent off the stage its good to get off the stage like run off and use a foward air when there trying to get back on the stage so good and useful.
Down air omg its beautiful haha. its one of the most perfect picthes in the world haha.so useful and its quick but has little lag after move is done but Ive pitch countless people like gimpyfish alot haha when he puts up the 1v1 matches of us youll see how good the picth is and the way i use it ill post the vids once I get them.

4.Tilts Diddys tilts lets see, his uptilit very good very good really good for juggling and comboing it always lead to land an upair or any aerial move so useful recommend that u spam it when the opponent is above you.
foward tilt kills lol its really good for knocking the oppnent off the stage,
downtilt i dunno lol ive used but i gues I can say its okae not the best move he has

5.peanut gun garbage lol good for campers but if oppnent aint a camper no use you wont pull it out once haha. it has to much lag i think
. is your friend

But thanks for the info anyway.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
i have a few questions. im a diddy main too ;) ive played the game for about like 3.5 hours total, and ill be playin more today so why not get some tips, lol

1. whats the best way to use bananas to edgeguard?

2. is his forward smash more powerful if your not RIGHT next to them when you use it?

3. what do you mean is dair is a "picth"? also, is it a spike, or a meteor? im tryin to find out if the people i did it to were just not cancelling it, lol

4. you dont think the peanut gun is useful as an approach, ala Falcos lasers in melee? (albeit nowhere near as effective)
Im here to help lol.
answers

1.you can place bananas right next to the ledge and place one right when they try to roll from edge back on stage place a banana right on that spot and they will slip and remember bananas dont affect you so walk all over them as you plz.

2.its actually more powerful cause his foward smash is a does like 2 or 3 hits at the same time so itrs better to get ever move to hit.

3.my bad yes its a spike I have done this to many people and yet no one has snapped out of it so I dont think there is no metorer cancelling in this gam so if you land his spike while there off stage its is most likely guarentee k.o

4.no cause when he uses his peanuts they kinda go in the air not reall foward you have to charge for it to go forward and serious lag I think, but the way i used it sometime was shooting it when they were coming back to stage

GOTM

Smash Champion
thanks bro for the help.

i was playing yesterday and i think that the popgun is very useful on space animals.

i hit falco and fox both out of there illusions with it (ala falcos lasers in melee) by waiting on the stage when they were far off, charging the gun and then predicting a forward B. once i hit them out of it, it perfectly set me up to go and spike them, or wait and correctly place a forward smash or downsmash (his best KO moves on the ground), after they land

GOTM

Smash Champion
(when on low damage run towards opponent with an up smash then up tilt multiple times almost like juggling and when there a little in the air you can low jump then up air then possible to foward air or backwards air them) ONCE GIMPY UPLOADS VIDEO ILL SHOW AN EXAMPLE AND POST IT ITS VERY GOOD COMBO TO RACK UP DAMAGE
works on ike too ;)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
we should record some new matches, i put up some of our very first matches, but we both actually know how to play the game now lol

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
thnx gimpy appreicate it ill post the link later for you guys
the matches were the first time me and gimpy played we know how to play the game better since that time

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
so i should be playing brawl today. look out for feedback and vids....peace

-hiro
DUDE JUST MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD STOP POSTING IN HERE TALKIN ABOUT YOU HAVIN A DIDDY GUIDE THATS GREAT AND ALL BUT STOP POSTING IN HERE ITS KINDA ANNOYING

orintemple

Smash Lord
Woah dude, you need some punctuation that **** was hard as hell to read.

Anyway despite that problem its some nice info. I played Diddy before and I really enjoyed him the most of the characters I played. He is a great character. Thanks for the info.

Jonathan_Meadows

Smash Cadet
Also, after watching some of your videos, I have a couple tips for you. Diddy has an amazing air dodge and spot dodge, and I noticed you roll away a few times when you should have spot dodged. You should also try catching your bananas after you throw them up and throwing them at your opponent more. You can set up your opponent for a nasty combo.

I loved your spike in that first video. I thought that was very well done and it's something I need to bring into my brawl game. I think you have some potential for a mean Diddy though. I'm excited to see more!

pesticide

Smash Lord
good vids. i liked that spike u did to get gimpy's first life in the 1st vid. i was kinda surprised u didnt use diddy's 'nanners very much in the first match. u did use them well in the 2nd one

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Also, after watching some of your videos, I have a couple tips for you. Diddy has an amazing air dodge and spot dodge, and I noticed you roll away a few times when you should have spot dodged. You should also try catching your bananas after you throw them up and throwing them at your opponent more. You can set up your opponent for a nasty combo.

I loved your spike in that first video. I thought that was very well done and it's something I need to bring into my brawl game. I think you have some potential for a mean Diddy though. I'm excited to see more!
these vids aint the newset but yeah now I do use the bananas more and I do toss them and catch them in midair alot it is good for set ups

what do you mean bananas dont do damage? they def do like 5
yeah they only do damage when you toss them at someone but if there on the floor and you slip on them, they do dont do damage

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
1. What's the difference between his fair and bair? Can they be compared to any moves in melee?

2. What's his nair and is it any good?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Beat Gimpyfish? This guy must be good. Great thread!
Well, yeah...

Danimals, I was watching you and Edd videos, and I gotta say, there are major differences when it comes to your game.

You rely on combos and the right opportunities, which look great against characters like Bowser.

Can I ask you this?

Are bananas more effective against heavyweights or smaller characters such as Lucario or Sonic?

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
1. What's the difference between his fair and bair? Can they be compared to any moves in melee?

answers

1.uhhm kinda diddys bair kinda like jiggly you can land to bairs in one short hop jump.
and fair is really good for opponents off stage.

2.and his nair is okay but its really good for an up tilit set up or upsmash

Well, yeah...

Danimals, I was watching you and Edd videos, and I gotta say, there are major differences when it comes to your game.

You rely on combos and the right opportunities, which look great against characters like Bowser.

Can I ask you this?

Are bananas more effective against heavyweights or smaller characters such as Lucario or Sonic?
answers

1.size matters cause the opponents are bigger so yeah kinda, but honestly the bananas are really really good for those fast characters like sonic messes up there speed advantage

CAOS

Smash Journeyman

answers

1.uhhm kinda diddys bair kinda like jiggly you can land to bairs in one short hop jump.
and fair is really good for opponents off stage.

2.and his nair is okay but its really good for an up tilit set up or upsmash

Well, yeah...

Can I ask you this?

answers

1.size matters cause the opponents are bigger so yeah kinda, but honestly the bananas are really really good for those fast characters like sonic messes up there speed advantage

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer

good with Diddy Ive beaten Gimpyfish ... in all sets yet have not lost a set.
false.

stop being so cocky about brawl and go to a tournament if you think you are seriously the best player in socal right now

seriously though, stop being cocky, nobody is entertained by it nor does anyone agree with you when you say you are the best

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
false.

stop being so cocky about brawl and go to a tournament if you think you are seriously the best player in socal right now

seriously though, stop being cocky, nobody is entertained by it nor does anyone agree with you when you say you are the best

not psycho ****** nor larry said anything

they know im not serious they know me yet they laugh

yet youre the only one who takes it serious

good **** gimpy takin brawl real serious

a wait it hasnt came out yet good **** gimpy

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
posting at the top of your thread "i beat gimpyfish guys i beat gimpyfish"

is just really really stupid

that's why i say what i said

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
wow but gimpy you take brawl serious the most you were here when I made the thread

you throw your controll when you lose a friendly
thats takin brawl serious to the next level dont you think

Top Bottom