• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's rest character KO list

Nimkip

Smash Rookie
The following characters can be KO'd by Jigg's rest starting from said percentage.

I Used a CP in Training mode on Final Destination.

Characters are listed by percentage from highest to lowest.

All Characters included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DeDeDe - 87%

Snake - 83%

Donkey Kong - 80%

Captain Falcon - 79%

Ike - 77%

Ganondorf - 76%

Bowser - 75%

Link - 75%

Wolf - 73%

Charizard - 72%

Wario - 72%

Yoshi - 71%

ROB - 70%

Ivysaur - 70%

Samus - 69%

Lucario - 68%

Pit - 68%

Sonic - 68%

Marth - 67%

Luigi - 67%

Mario - 67%

Diddy Kong - 66%

Ness - 66%

Falco - 65%

Lucas - 65%

Toon Link - 65%

Ice Climbers - 63%

Pikachu - 62%

Pikmin and Olimar - 62%

Peach - 61%

Zero Suit Samus - 61%

Zelda - 60%

Sheik - 59%

Meta Knight - 59%

Kirby - 59%

Fox - 58%

Mr. Game and Watch - 57%

Squirtle - 54%

Jigglypuff - 52%

LuLLo

Smash Ace
DeDeDe - 87%

Snake - 83%

Donkey Kong - 80%

Captain Falcon - 79%

Ike - 77%

Wow, these 4 must have good stats then, especially C.Falcon and Snake, I expected them somewhere in the middle...nice work :)

craiigg

Smash Lord
wow her rest got really nerfed.

curious though, where on the level did you try this? the center?

Atsu

Smash Ace
When you add DIing in...ouch...

I guess it'd be mainly used for some quick damage to prepare for a KO, since she wakes up around the time they land. So it's not really useless, at least in a 1v1 battle. Unless you could get everyone in a three or four man free for all, I would stay away from Rest entirely.

EDIT: Thanks for compiling all of this ^^.

EDIT 2: That's right...with the opponent DIing you're basically screwed over. Screw that thought. Rest is now a suicidal move.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
So..... rest is a useless move?

Thats what it looks like....
You know, the consensus thus far is that "everyone lives longer in Brawl", so perhaps the move has just been scaled to reflect this. Anyone have a link to Melee 'Puff's rest stats?

Snake's kill percentage makes complete sense. Despite his AAA combo and his dash attack, he feels very heavy and slow.

Atsu

Smash Ace
You know, the consensus thus far is that "everyone lives longer in Brawl", so perhaps the move has just been scaled to reflect this. Anyone have a link to Melee 'Puff's rest stats?

Snake's kill percentage makes complete sense. Despite his AAA combo and his dash attack, he feels very heavy and slow.
I never really calculated it, but I usually got the KO around 20-30% in Melee. Sometimes a little less then 20%. So having about, on average, 2.4x the Melee average is still pretty harsh. But I guess where people get KO'd around the 150-200% mark makes Rest and Comboing off the edge still semi-useful.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Rest is not a usless move people. It still pwns. You don't need combos to pull it off so percents don't matter and the punishment isn't that bad if they survive.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Rest is 64ified. Takes much more damage to kill, but it has a much larger hitbox and she wakes up faster than in Melee. And as a bonus, it now puts a flower on top of the victim's head.

S2

Smash Lord
I didn't notice that rest has a bigger hitbox, but it certainly does not pack very much punch at all in Brawl.

If you're opponent is DIing (duh), then you aren't going to be killing with rest very much unless they are at higher percents. The knockback is severely diminished. You'll notice its nerf every time you do it.

My guess is that Sakurai wanted to expand Jiggly beyond being just about getting quick kills with rest. We'll see if she's really any better for this. She depended on rest a lot in Melee for quick combo kills, maybe she won't need it as much in Brawl.

I didn't play Jiggly enough to really get a good feeling of how balanced she was. But the rest nerf is by far the most glaring change to her.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Rest is still amazing and still very intimidating. You just have to be smarter with your rests this time around, no resting someone at 10-20% and getting a cheap kill. Its very easy to get characters to 50-70% with Jiggly then you just have to wait for the right moment to rest. Rest out of shield in this game is extremely good. You can Dair/Fair/Nair/Bair rest pretty easily if they opponent messes up Di or is at low %'s. Still very good.

Papytendo

Smash Rookie
JigglyPuff T3h RuleZ

In Melee if Giga Bowser was close to the edge you could rest KO him with 0% damage.

RPK

Smash Lord
Ooo! INSPIRATION DESU!?!?!

With the new damage, and knock back system I have actually thought up a better way to get in rests....If you can do Sh, autocanceled fair then please tell me...Cause I was thinking with the new knockback system, it will be a whole lot easier for us to combo into our rests <3

WOPfam

Smash Rookie
No one answered superryan, whose question was probably the most prevalent here.. WAS move decay taken into effect? I mean, if you rested him to that percentage or similar then your numbers will be a little messy.

Also, where does rest send you directionally, if someone doesn't mind? I'm hearing that it sends you straight up but I was hoping for some confirmation.

WOPfam

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen in videos, you don't get stale moves in Brawl's Training Mode, so it's all good.

No, no, actually: "stale moves" lose knockback considerably more with use than in SSBM, I think your finding is rationalized by the fact that you tested in Training mode.

Ganon1

Smash Rookie
I did the same test, only with Fox's fully charged up smash. I think fox's may be slightly more accurate because doesn't Rest depend on how well your center is touching the opponent? Anyway the results are almost identical, the top heaviest were Dedede (71), Snake (69), Donkey Kong (68), Bowser (66), Captain Falcon (65), Ike (64), and Ganondorf (64). I think it's sad that fox's smash can kill more easily that Rest, it's always been a strong kick but I miss the Rest from melee.

RPK

Smash Lord
I actually combo'd someone from 0-death today...juggled with bairs, into fairs, and rose them up little by little and ended with a uair to rest. They probably didnt know how to DI though.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I think Rest is as good as it ever was, just different. It's still a good KO move, just not nearly as good as it was in melee, and it puts a flower on the victim's head, dealing damage so the opponent is still pretty much screwed.

Also, these stats please me as I want to main Dedede.

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
I know this may sound stupid but i think rest is a bit easier to pull off than in melee.Its just a hunch but for me it seems true

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I know this may sound stupid but i think rest is a bit easier to pull off than in melee.Its just a hunch but for me it seems true
It's not that it has larger range than in melee, but this is actually true. Because of Brawl's slower gameplay, and because of the amazing dair to rest combo, resting is on most characters easier than melee (Fox and Falco excluded, due to the amazing U-throw rest combo in melee).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Note that this is without DI. I found the %'s that characters die with DI and such and stuck it up on the third post of the official jigglypuff discussion thread.

Top Bottom