• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i know wavedashing isnt supposed to be in...but this is interesting.

Betaz

Smash Ace
thats....interesting... i mean it's not a back roll shiek does one moments before and it looks nothing like that

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
That's a typical dodge. LOL wavedashing isn't in, don't try and kid yourself.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
thats....interesting... i mean it's not a back roll shiek does one moments before and it looks nothing like that
which is entirely the reason i posted this ^-^

thank god someone else noticed something....odd.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter. You can't wavedash and wavelanding is useless. I don't even need to look at the video.

Robble

Smash Cadet
Doesn't matter. You can't wavedash and wavelanding is useless. I don't even need to look at the video.
Sure, it's not a wave-anything. Everyone knows that. What it COULD be is some sort of dash-dance-cancel into a tilt. That would be an interesting AT, wouldn't it? Too bad you never looked at the video to find out...

It isn't just a normal dodge considering Sheik ends up like a Marth-width backwards from where she started, but it doesn't look exactly like the run animation... maybe it's just what I said, a single dash dance left-right and then some sort of cancel into a forward tilt. Or it could be something much simpler that I'm not seeing, of course.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Calling it a wavedash may simply be incorrectly calling something new by a name of what it looks like. We know wavedashing as SSBM defines it is out, an equivalent tech may exist though. That video shows a moment of weird potentially advantageous movement, and if it can be recreated then hey we have a new tech, whether its useful will show in time, meanwhile other people will find other weird things elsewhere. Its how games develop, SSBM didn't come with the advanced techs in the instruction manual. Odds are its nothing, or not usable, but that doesn't mean each oddity shouldn't be looked at.

-True

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
This is interesting, but it's probably just some kind of dashing pivot or something weird like that.

It's definitely not a spot dodge for obvious reasons, it's definitely not an airdodge for just as obvious reasons, and it's not a roll (he back rolls a couple seconds before, they're obviously not the same)

This might have some potential, anyways.

red stone

Smash Ace
okay, i need someone to confirm these....sheik did not even once change direction during the alleged wavedash.

sheik was walking, not running when the alleged was performed

sheik could nearly instantly do a forward tilt after the alleged

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
looks like a crouched sidestep dodge. Looks like Wavedashing though. nice find.

Betaz

Smash Ace
I have a theory...

it could be something to do with crawling such as quickly crouching, then crawling backwards, then standing up again very quickly...but idk you would have to input this very fast and the thing is I don't know if there is some lag in between crawling and standing up....hmmmm...

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
here's a couple really quickly made gifs to show a backwards roll and the supposed "wavedash" (horrible quality xfd)

it really doesn't look like anything we know of at this point (not a sidestep/spot dodge, not an air dodge, not a roll)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Interesting, after repeated tries to pause it I've found that sheik does in fact change directions for a spit second before changing directions with her tilt so it isn't a wavedash.

Betaz

Smash Ace
Interesting, after repeated tries to pause it I've found that sheik does in fact change directions for a spit second before changing directions with her tilt so it isn't a wavedash.
ah yes i see it now...it takes some tricky pausing but once you get it, it is blatantly obvious

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
which is entirely the reason i posted this ^-^

thank god someone else noticed something....odd.
I also noticed it

So odd... :S

It's like he does a small jump and fall just after doing the jump :S

So is a odd dash dance?

DTR

Smash Journeyman
people need to watch before saying its nothing

i think its interesting

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Could be the breakthrough we are praying for
Praying for a breakthrough seems a little over the top 0,o I just want the players who are lucky enough to have a copy to get a better grasp of things. Videos still show players working on changing over from SSBM, holding on to ideas and concepts that no longer apply as well in brawl. Precise techniques are developed by demand, once players need that faster/better controlled movement to win, they'll come out. Gameplay shouldn't breakthrough from the weird inbetween phase things are at now to the level SSBM is, but the next step would be comfortable fluid game play without much adv tech. That type of playing I believe and hope will open up the horizon, we'll see a game with more combos and changed concepts like ledge guarding and approach. In the PBody tournament youtube videos I watched today the champion didn't even seem to know about the diminishing returns of repeated moves...

Anyway enough daydreaming and back on topic, I'm actually really surprised some arrogant know it all hasn't satisfactorily taken this apart yet 0,o a thread basically full of interested people scratching their heads. Seems good news for those of you determined to know about advanced techs before you actually play the game. Anyone with a copy of SSBB able to chime in here maybe, not sure what a bunch of interested onlookers can really do beyond this.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
looks like sheik walked forward, dashed backwards, then did a pivot ftilt

can you pivot in this game?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
looks like sheik walked forward, dashed backwards, then did a pivot ftilt

can you pivot in this game?
Don't need to. You can just cancel a run or dash by turning around. He did this movement straight into a tilt.

izzy24

Smash Ace
i was just looking for ssbb videos when i came across this one, and when it happened i was like woah....*pause, rewind, pause, rewind, pause, rewind* was that what i thought it was.
AND I KNOW WD IS OUT, but something to that effect happened?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Don't need to. You can just cancel a run or dash by turning around. He did this movement straight into a tilt.
Then it's probably how I described it. Sheik's height while wavedashing (because of the crouch) is about the same as her height dashing, so the confusion makes sense.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Shiek did NOT wavedash.

not that important anyway. i virtually never wavedash because i know almost nobody who knows how, and i still do fine

Top Bottom