• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Donkey Kong stage

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Very awesome indeed...

But needs more of those jumping enemy spring things...

Dangit, I was hoping for the more recognizable Level 1...But this is good enough to raise to my second favorite Brawl stage...

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
Playing the game this weekend I was able to use what little knowledge of Japanese I have to read "Donkey Kong" and "20" in the challenges section of the game.
We played a few 4 player Donkey Kong free for alls on the new moving DK stage and eventually we managed to unlock it.
Hope that helps!

Subtle

Smash Cadet
I recognized this as level 2 instantly as well. For reference, I'm most similar with dk 95 for the gameboy. ( the one with 500 levels)

Well, this was the stage I requested. Classic Donkey Kong, though I assumed it would be level 1 more than anything else

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My version is weird, because it is definitely the second level...

In America, the convener level was taken out...

That doesn't matter because I mistook the what the article said...

Zevox

Smash Lord
My version is weird, because it is definitely the second level...

In America, the convener level was taken out...

That doesn't matter because I mistook the what the article said...
Huh - wierd. I definitely played the game with the conveyor level as level 2, and this as level 3. Perhaps that was only for its inclusion in Donkey Kong 64? I can't quite recall if I played it outside of that.

What was level 3 in the standard US version then?

Zevox

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Huh - wierd. I definitely played the game with the conveyor level as level 2, and this as level 3. Perhaps that was only for its inclusion in Donkey Kong 64? I can't quite recall if I played it outside of that.

Zevox
I have the NES version and it goes from Level 1 to Level 3 to Level 4...

Apparently the arcade version went from Level 1 to Level 4 to Level 3

Level 2 wasn't in either version (Except in the rare exception you played the game long enough without game overs)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Very awesome indeed...

But needs more of those jumping enemy spring things...
You are in luck, because the Donkey Kong spring is apparently featured as an item in Brawl!

I recognized this as level 2 instantly as well. For reference, I'm most similar with dk 95 for the gameboy. ( the one with 500 levels)
Actually, it was called DK '94 AND it had 100 levels. You really need to catch up on DK history.:urg:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Zevox
DK has 4 levels in Dk64's arcade version in Frantic Factory. Level 1(We all know it) the conveyor belt level, which I thought was level 2. The one featured in smash, and then the final one, where you break the yellow panels and make DK fall.

I then played one in a hotel arcade, and found out that in THAT version of the game, the level featured in smash was level 2, and the game only had 3 levels, lacking the conveyor belt level.

So I assume that the cponveyor belt level was put in for DK64 and later versions of classic Dk to be released.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm actually glad that it's not based on level 1. I was going to make level 1 in stage builder, so now I'll have two classic DK levels! :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually glad that it's not based on level 1. I was going to make level 1 in stage builder, so now I'll have two classic DK levels! :)
If the stage was based on level 1 they could have made rolling barrels

You can't make rolling barrels OR Dk in stage builder

NintendoGX159

Smash Cadet
I have the NES version and it goes from Level 1 to Level 3 to Level 4...

Apparently the arcade version went from Level 1 to Level 4 to Level 3

Level 2 wasn't in either version (Except in the rare exception you played the game long enough without game overs)
Well, Level 2 was available as well as Level 1,3, and 4 in the Gameboy Version of Donkey Kong.

Top Bottom