• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Yes, it is a serious question. For all I know, they could have slowed Sonic down a bit to keep things fair or something.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Who's more known for running fast in his entire video game career?

Seriously.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Gee, SO SORRY, everyone, for wondering if they intended to keep the Smash Bros. tradition of having Falcon be the fastest.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I noticed cpt Falcon didnt lose his speed. His Knee, his B moves everything is the same.
With the exception that now his falcon pucnh is much faster.

S2

Smash Lord
Sonic is the fastest character in the game.

Falcon's runspeed looks unchanged from Melee and Fox was faster than him then. I'm not sure who runs faster between Fox/Falcon in Brawl, but Sonic beats them both.

Buiji

Smash Rookie
It's not THAT ridiculous of a question, this game is made by nintendo, who released the Mario vs Sonic racing thing (track and field i think?) with the catch line of "finally figuring out who is faster"

i dont think ANYONE thought of the moustached plumber as faster than sonic.

as for me, i think falcon is faster. of course sonic and co. payed him to slow down in exchange for 500 virgins and a 40 ...or 100 40's

Locke66

Smash Cadet
no need to be rude about it...
But from the videos I've seen it looks like falcon is slower on the ground and faster in the air.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
It's not THAT ridiculous of a question, this game is made by nintendo, who released the Mario vs Sonic racing thing (track and field i think?) with the catch line of "finally figuring out who is faster"

i dont think ANYONE thought of the moustached plumber as faster than sonic.

as for me, i think falcon is faster. of course sonic and co. payed him to slow down in exchange for 500 virgins and a 40 ...or 100 40's
There... There are so many things wrong with this post... I... I just don't know where to start.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
If I remember correctly, Falcon was about .2 seconds faster than Fox. In fact, just to be sure, I looked it up now. Falcon travels 46.9 feet per second while Fox travels 43.6 feet per second.
But that's all irrelevant since we're talking about a different character in a different game.

From what I've seen of him running around in SSE, Falcon unarguably looks aesthetically slower. As far as if he's actually slower, I think it's the same deal as Falcon and Fox in melee. I've only seen one good Falcon vs. Sonic match so far, but neither of them seemed to have trouble closing the gap with each other. Sonic's attacks, though, those were noticably faster than Falcon's.

Patinator

Smash Champion
...METAKNIGHT? A short, stubby, mask-clad, cape-wearing, imbecilic, Falcon-denying RUNT of a swordsman?!

...o_O

Anyway... I watched the video the DOJO!! put up earlier; the Wi-Fi match. I noticed Sonic dashing at one point.

...Unless Falcon's faster, Sonic is definately the winner.

Top Bottom