• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Dash A cancels into Up smash.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
I've tried this with other characters and it doesn't seem to work.

Anyways, if the dash A hits the enemy with Falco's inner area(thighs), you can chain the hit into an Up smash(with c-stick, I can't seem to get it with UpA, maybe C-stick is the only way). Yes, like... combo cancel. Every play street fighter? It's something like that. The animation of the dash attack will cancel immediately into Up Smash. Oddly though, if you hit with the tip of the Dash A, you can't cancel it.

Obviously, it only actually connects at lower percents.

Maybe just a specific character glitch? I don't see why something like this would be intentional. I've tried all of the other characters and it doesn't seem to work. =\

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
This is the kind of stuff we need to know if we are living in a L-cancel-free world.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
There was a guy in the other thread that says he can use Up-Smash with "A" to cancel the Dash. It is just easier with Falco.

^^

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
So does Zamus into AAA combo/downSmash/UpSmash/throw. Try it out. I think many characters can do anything right after. Only difference is that Falco and Zamus can connect their follow up attacks, where as others like Mario/Zelda/Pika knocks you up or away, so anything attack that doesn't connect wouldn't be worth executing.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
OoNoiRoO: Remember when I told you to be on the look out for IASA frames?

Good **** dude. You just found them for Falco and his dash attack.

Mama

Smash Ace
Interesting. Its the stuff like thats that makes the competitive players "advanced" or "pro" or whatever you wanna call it. I think that this time around people who used to call "advanced techniques" cheap or lame will start to understand things for what they really are (off topic much)

Top Bottom