• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CDE Presents: G4S5, Saturday March 1st!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
This thread is reserved. Ladies and gentlemen, I have acquired a venue by means of super uberness on mine and Alpha's part, as well as major uberness from the Campus Nerds here at CSU. I'm too lazy to post everything right now, but I'm working on it. Who's gonna get first post?

Tournament Hosts (a.k.a People to Listen To)

Gerbil
Ares
Alpha

THIS TOURNAMENT WILL TAKE PLACE AT OUR COLLEGE, NOT CYBERLANDING AS THEY HAVE CLOSED DOWN!!!! LOOK FOR THIS TOURNAMENT TO BE MARCH 1st!!!!!!!! (This is what I'm hoping for anyways, it's the best date out of the ones available lol)

THE DEODERANT POLICY:

Some of you STINK! Like, seriously! Wear deoderant at this! I don't think CSU would appreciate everyone fouling their building! If you are an excessive sweater and I smell you, man.... don't be shocked when I whip out some air freshner on you lol. The point being: please wear some deoderant, and cologne would be nice too as a cover. Just not anything cheap please. :)

Your last Melee tournament before Brawl. If you wish to be owned by Columbus' (not) finest, then be here :p

Address, Date, and Time:

Davidson Student Center, Room 258**
Columbus State University
4225 University Ave
Columbus, GA 31907

*Insert the bolded part in Mapquest/google maps
** I got the room to be Room 258 ^.^ This room is much larger than the one we were going to have. :)

CSU is approxmiately 5 miles from CyberLANding if I am thinking correctly. So no distance Johns if you have been to one of our tournies before XD

Saturday, March 1st registration begins at 11:00 AM EST, Tournament will begin promptly around 12:00 PM EST, the building itself opens at 8:00 AM EST, the event MUST end by 12:00 AM EST (don't start showing until about 10:00 AM though, unless you want to be alone for awhile hahahahaha).

(Please note the time zone, and adjust accordingly)

This is the Safe Parking Zone. It is our Visitors Lot and is 100% guerenteed to not land you a parking ticket.
These lots are closer, but for students only. Seeing as how it will be our Spring Break, I don't think the police should care. However do note that they are very close to those lots.
The white circled building is the campus police station.
This is the Student Center i.e. our venue. Just walk inside, go up the stairs, and listen for loud nosies. You'll find the room no problem.
Follow this arrow to the mall, it's a straight shot and you can see it (the map makes it look large, but everything is extremely close)
This is a purple arrow on the bottom lol (I should've picked a better color distinction) This way will lead you to Deli King, that awesome place I describe in the food section in this thread. If you're facing the way the arrow is, it will be on your left adjoined to a gas station.
This arrow leads to every other food place, as well as towards the I-185 N and S exits.
Here is a link to a clean campus map to use.

Entry Fee

15$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ per person)
5$ Door Fee*

*Door Fee is OWNED! So I'll leave this here as is due to previous formats for our threads, but there is NO DOOR FEE

Prizes

Singles and Doubles

60% 1st
30% 2nd
10% 3rd

Food and Drinks

There are snack and drink machines downstairs on the first floor. We won't be able to use the Cafeteria due to you guys not being official students, but the machines are publicly accessible.

There is a mall across the street with a sizeable food court inside. The food court contains chinese food, pizza places, ice creams, Chik Fil A(sp?), etc etc. You will have to drive to the mall, as you have to cross a major highway to get to it.

Also, I just recently went and ate at Deli King, a cross of subs, chinese food, and burger combos. They rock. It too, is also right down the road.

There is a Subway, RYANs, McDonald's, etc etc etc down yet another road.

The point being: food is in the area, and not at all hard to find. Gorge yourselves. Be fat. Get tired. Make Johns. XD

The policy for bringing food into the venue is: clean up your own ****. If we screw this up, we not only can never have a tourny there again, but the CSU students (me and Alpha mostly) face serious **** with the real Campus Nerds lol. Most of us are adults (or close enough), so let's be responsible and clean up. (This never was too big of a deal at CyberLANding)

Parking

As noted in the map, there are 3 areas to park (that are important anyways). The green section represents our safety parking lot. You can park here and not have to worry about a **** thing excpet for a small walk.

The red sections however, are student/faculty only. You can still park there if you'd like (I certainly won't tell you to move your car), but be warned that some of our campus police are *******s and will not hesitate to write a parking ticket for you. If you really want to play it safe, stick with the green zone.

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

All items are OFF

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Mushroom Kingdom II. (Yes, after reviewing of rulesets and etc, we have deemed to once again ban this stage.)

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

This is the offical wobbling policy. Everyone read it carefully:

If you wobble at this tournament during a match, the person you wobbled and any of their friends get to wobble you in RL. We will have mallets on hand in case such an event occurs.

EDIT: This policy also states that Wobbling is banned. Please pick another of the various IC infinites.

IMPORTANT!

We will offer free play on any open T.V. for warming up and if you have been knocked out early and we have an open TV. HOWEVER! It must be used for SMASH ONLY. After the tourny starts diing down, then you guys can change out games. However for the majority of it, let's keep it with Smash.

Please guys, let's do our best to make this tournament run smoothly. We need it to run fast so we can get the hell out of there. If someone needs a TV for a tourny match, you better move your ***. If your in a MM, we need to see that money laying on the TV, otherwise we will assume it is a friendly, and will ask you to get up.

You do not have to enter both singles and doubles, you may enter one, the other, or both at your discretion.

NO DOOR FEE!!!

Label your stuff! Label your T.V.s, your Cubes/Wiis, Memory Cards, Controllers, Testicles, WHATEVER MAY BE OF VALUE TO YOU!

Conclusion

THIS WILL BE HUGE. ALL OUF OUR TOURNAMENTS HAVE BEEN HUGE. HOWEVER, WE NEED MAJOR HELP THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need someone who has a laptop that can run TIO and will let us use it. I can't gurentee Ares will be here to help, so I am asking someone to step up and commit.

PCs (you guys rock)

SleepyK? (Assuming he makes it)
XIF
Ares
HiIH

We're good on PCs. I can count on Mike 100% to show with a PC, but the extras are more than welcome just in case as always. :)

WE NEED TVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We no longer have access to our 7, so this means we start with ZERO!!! BRING SOME!! I don't care if it's 13 inches, bring it anyways! You guys did awesome at Reflex's, do awesome here too please!!!

T.V.s

CSU?
TWIPL
TWIPL
XIF
Ares
WaitinforBrawlCF
C@SH Mooney
C@SH Mooney?
HiIH
HiIH?
Prac
Prac
Chaddd
Chaddd (Small screen, useful for MMs and possibly Brawl)
Eugenio
Tong?
Desu

Speaking of Reflex's... you guys brought more TVs than cubes!!!!!! What does this mean!?!? PACK UP YOUR OLD *** GC and BRING IT! If you're afraid it will break, then bring Anti Breaking ****. I saw a guy here at the college the other day with a 360 wrapped in bubble wrap. Seriously.

Cubes/Wiis/Smash/Memory Cards

Gerbil
TWIPL
TWIPL
DP
Tom
Tom (Only 1 Smash copy)
Ares
Jx31
Tong
Smooth Criminal (Smash copy, we'll use it in Tom's spare Wii/GC)
Nicaboy
HiIH
Prac
Chaddd
Chaddd
Chaddd
Alty (No Smash, just a cube)
Desu

BRAWL

Tong
Chaddd
Lil Kong

Smash 64

Tong

VCRs

DP
Smooth Criminal

Surge Protector Things

Tom
C@SH Mooney
HiIH
HiIH?

Anything else, and I will add it.

People in Need of Housing (Priority goes to longest distance traveled)

KOKingPin + Others (TWIPL) (Billy just told me today it shouldn't be a problem as long as his roomy is cool with it, which he should be)
Chad + Others (DML) (I think Handorin mentioned a hotel)
Rice + 2 Others (NFL) (Housing with Gerbil)
C@SH Mooney + Others (MWFL) (Housing with Gerbil if they don't get a hotel)
Smooth/Tom + Others (Hotel Room)

Yay! Everyone that absolutely needed housing has found some way to be good to go!

Attendance (not 100% correct; I will be adding/removing as people confirm/deconfirm) (current approx = 71 attendants)

Gerbil
Alpha
Ares
Prac
DP
Billy
Seph
AJ
Reflex
Torg
Jx31
Ninja?
Gerard
ynomrahnsguht
XIF
Marty
PB&J
Soft
Chaddd
Cornel
Bobby
KOKingpin + TWIPL
Chad + DML
Fullmetal + GPC
Tong
MarsFool
Smooth Criminal
Tom
Zeus
NES Noob
Renegade Marth
HiIH + 4 others
Mog112
Carter?
Rice
Drummaboi
RAM
RON-A-RONI
C@SH Mooney + 3 others
Nicaboy
Cornbreadninja + 3 others
NFL Group 2 (3 People)
Boon
Midguy
flaming roy
BattousaiX
Lil Kong
TheONEjanitor + 2 others
GeorgeTHPS
Jeff
Dynomite

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
hot diggity.
i volunteer for laptop and tio, no problem.

also i'll take tapes and actually get them up.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
well ive been to all of the G4S Series except the first so i wont miss this. Im sure TWIPL will be coming. we will bring atleast 2 TVs and 2 Setups.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Awesome, I'm glad to see you stepping up Sleepy.

And I'm really glad to see you guys confirming coming already. I should have the paper work for the room done by the end of the week. (I have to go through a paperwork process with the administration to use one of the rooms)

The rooms have several TVs and tables, and plenty of outlets. We'll also need powerstrips to reach around the room though. Chairs are limited however, so let's try to leave chairs for those that are playing.

I also have time to explain about the venue as well, and I'll edit it into the first post later today.

The venue is 1 room in a larger building up on the second floor. This room is pretty large though, and space shouldn't be a problem. Outside of the room is a massive lounge area with pool tables, and a bunch of couches and such. There are also a couple of PCs but those are for students only. Note: We can't move the couches lol. Anyways, during the tournament you guys are free to roam the building.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
414 calls spots in xifcar
tru.

that's tentatively the entire back row of your car fyi.

SleepyK

?? stepping up? i've been putting up matches from tournaments for a while ;-;

Gerbil

Smash Champion
?? stepping up? i've been putting up matches from tournaments for a while ;-;
I meant about the PC dude. Usually Mike (Ares) is the one who does the tourny program for us (he has for the past.... 3 lol). However, I can't guerentee him showing to this. And I know you've been doing videos ^.^

Gerbil

Smash Champion
March 1st IS a Saturday lol. I should know by the end of the week (hopefully) if I get the day 100%.

I was told that most of the NFL crew (Manhandlers) stopped playing!?! WTF!??! Ya'll nigg@s better start playing for this tournament lol.

SleepyK

it's a large tournament, the chance of a bigger prize attracts more players. don't be a *****.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
okay i already smoothed everything over with my dad

so sleepyk and i are teaming at this
i already spoke to the man

someone tell memphis to come

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I knew it was, but you said it was tentative. >_>
Yes. Yes I did. However, I promise we'll make it a Sat, even if the off chance is we have to delay it ;) (I hate Sunday tournies LOL, and I am thinking about you OOS guys)

As for the entry fee:

Our series has always done 15$ entry fees, and we usually have a door fee (so we can pay the owners of the old venue). This time around though, the door fee looks very unlikely. Also, I'd like to point this out:

G4S4 Attendants (singles) = 63 (I think lol)

63 * $15 = $945

1st. $567
2nd. $283.50
3rd. $94.50

I dunno about you, but to me that's a hell of a lot of money to hand out cash for the prize winners. Nearly 1k$ for singles alone (doubles was also a very high number).

CDE rocks :hipsmile:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
no money johns. 15 dollars is ok with me and im normally broke. DML already knows about this btw they came to my house this weekend. im sure Zero and a few others would like to come too.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
i'll be there.

n ya know the last 2 weeks i've been thinking, it's been a lil while since we had a big tourny in ga. so we def need to make this big. everyone in ga needs to come along wit all the OOS-ers. so i expect to see everyone in a 3-4 state radius here. (GaWes you need to come too)

i might be able to house some ppl. i'm about 2/2 and a half hours away from the tourny.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Yes. Yes I did. However, I promise we'll make it a Sat, even if the off chance is we have to delay it ;) (I hate Sunday tournies LOL, and I am thinking about you OOS guys)

As for the entry fee:

Our series has always done 15$ entry fees, and we usually have a door fee (so we can pay the owners of the old venue). This time around though, the door fee looks very unlikely. Also, I'd like to point this out:

G4S4 Attendants (singles) = 63 (I think lol)

63 * $15 = $945

1st. $567
2nd. $283.50
3rd. $94.50

I dunno about you, but to me that's a hell of a lot of money to hand out cash for the prize winners. Nearly 1k$ for singles alone (doubles was also a very high number).

CDE rocks :hipsmile:
if thats the case you definitely owe me 20 dollars for 3rd place <_<;

i bring my laptop with me to every tournament anyway so if sleepy is an idiot I always have mine, and I guess i'll bring my tv and take a person's cube thats in my car with me.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Well, I'm sure Fullmetal already sees a $-Match coming from DP. *$5 3/5 Confirmed*

EDIT: Other than that, anyone up for teams?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
if thats the case you definitely owe me 20 dollars for 3rd place <_<;

i bring my laptop with me to every tournament anyway so if sleepy is an idiot I always have mine, and I guess i'll bring my tv and take a person's cube thats in my car with me.
There's a definate "(I think)" next to that number of entrants. I don't have the exact numbers, I was using it as an example to prove a point. You were all paid fairly, Mike (Ares), myself, and Alpha all recounted. I think I even went through the math for you guys in that results thread as well. Also, you guys do nothing but split the pot anyways. *shrugs*

EDIT: I just went and checked the results thread of G4S4, and it's as follows:

Prize Money (Singles/Doubles)
1. $510.00/$276.00
2. $255.00/$138.00
3. $90.00/$46.00

Total: $855.00/$460

Grand Total: $1315.00

57 Entrants for singles according to the results list. If anything, 3rd place got an extra 4.50$ that should've belonged to 1st and 2nd (1st being 3$, 2nd being 1.50$; we split it this way so we could give out even dollars). Noone is missing money, or rather, you, XIF, owe $4.50 to those guys. ^.^ :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, today I went and got the form and had it filled out by one of the Campus Nerds. He said he could get it done and signed today, so it's 90% confirmed that we have this date. I think the room will open at 8 (I told them to be sure at least 10 AM) but we only get it until midnight.

SleepyK

man, you should have let an asian do the math. then there would have been no problems.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
man, you should have let an asian do the math. then there would have been no problems.
LOL truth. It's funny though, I am a Math major and I was seriously worried I jacked up the calculations haha (why did this phrase sound so nerdy? >.< ).

@XIF: I also forgot to say thank you for volunteering to bring a TV and your PC. It's very much appreciated. :)

I should address this here too (I'll once again edit it in the first post later). LABEL YOUR ****! SERIOUSLY! Alpha normally buys name tags for this, but this time we won't need them! SO WE WILL NOT HAVE LABELS ON HAND!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Put me down for Singles, Gerbil. I'm coming to this.

I had too much fun with the guys of DML to NOT make this.

I'm ready to get four stocked. Officially.

Smooth Criminal

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
My post last night didn't go through because of crashboards.
Maybe it'll work this time.
Off topic: Giant penguins with hammers are amazing.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Jack:When Dedede chainthrows people, it only proves Al Gore right. Penguins now have to resort to cheapo tactics to get other people off of their ever-diminishing glacier homes. Plus, constantly pulling waddle dees out of your *** can't be good for the ozone layer.

Therefore, I think Brawl is just Sakurai's attempt at subliminally reinforcing left-wing ideals into the gaming population en masse. What better way to have the new generation accept global warming as truth than through scare tactics like giant hammer wielding, top tier villains?

How about the subconscious parallels we are forced to draw, including the loss of innocence and all that is youth through the questionable absence of Pichu? Grow up, or get gone.

What of the harsh truths we will face when Iori picks up the gamecube controller and can't pick Mewtwo? Or the shocking realization that SleepyK might not be able to play Game and Watch? Outdated, low tier characters. You have no place in advanced society. You are the George W.W. Links of the conservative population.

Not enough to convince you? Prepare take a look at what will happen to our very own TheReflexWonder, as he embarks on his quest to be a great Wario main -- a character that represents the frivolity and carelessness of our generation! How many pairs of clothes must a man have? He throws his carbon-monoxide producing motorcycle around as if it were a toy! His ignorance of common courtesy literally destroys our civilization through his nuclear flatulence. And he brings with him Warioware stage, with its emphasis on random flashing colors and satiating the new youth's seemingly non-existent attention-span. Our pill popping, ADHD driven youth that is the result of years of Republican leadership, no doubt.

Always the villain, Bowser now keeps up with our water-gun-toting, electrical energy generating, whole food picking heroes through sudden, dark growth of factory proportions. You can bet he puts the "Ma and Pa" villains out of business -- no Koopa kids for us. He churns out massive amounts of sweat, grows fangs to match his new Rancor-esque figure, and wrecks everything in his path.

A path that now hits close to home, I might add, including our Plazas and Smashvilles. Our levels are literally falling apart! Not to mention our stages that infested with strange and dangerous creatures. And the icy Summit? I wouldn't be surprised if it were taken out of the game by a 2.0 patch.

We're forced to travel to whole new planets. We love you too, Captain Olimar... about as much as your (multi)colored slaves love you, as you throw them around. Abuse the heavy one! They do more damage! Collect the white ones! They are more valuable, as they poison your enemies!

Don't even get me started on Norfair.

At this point, its blatantly obvious that Sakurai is trying to influence us through our favorite media. And our children! Smashers are growing up, and having kids! Jam Stunna and Mrs. Stunna, in the North! Ihatethecape, in the south! The message Nintendo is trying to reach your children with is simple -- pay attention to what we have to say, or... or... just look at what will happen to your once Mushroomy Kingdom! Decades have past, and the all natural beauty of World 1-1 has diminished into nothing!

The sooner we all realize that Brawl is just a liberal scam, conning our generation and beyond by infiltrating our media of choice, the sooner we will be able to put down this wretched piece of "advanced" technology in favor of the familiar, established, and dare I say acceptably balanced system of Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom