• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

35= Debunked

Tfox

Smash Rookie
Yeah! Here's the facts!!!

ROB is an enemy in SUBSPACE, where you can throw trophy stands at enemies to get their trophy. Follow? That means, Rob is a subspace trophy, which conflicts with classic mode trophies of characters!

Cue cornered music.

Okay. Starfox ROB is in the trophy launcher. Same arguement!!!

NEITHER are alt. outfits in contrast to the striker mario and cel link trophies.

And here you were so sure of yourself. I am the false prophit slayar.

Typo intended!

Pow!!!!:chuckle:

Edit!!!: Apparently, Captain Jack and JustaBill(quote in link) saw the trophy launcher before me, and made topics about it. Kudos.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Uh, you owe me and another poster or two for the Rob 64 thing. Give us some of the credit love here. :p

:034:

Smash Hero
No?

R.O.B. could very well be a big R.O.B. leading the R.O.B. Squad. As said, the ROB Squad moves in multiple numbers, so there must be somebody controlling them, right? So there could very well be a boss battle with a bigger ROB, who is then unlocked after you beat him.

Tfox

Smash Rookie
I actually got that from gamefaqs, but okay. Credit to the guys with topics before me for Rob64.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Tfox did you every play EverQuest?

Edit: I just remember playing with a guy by that name, seems odd...unless Tfox means something that I don't know about :)

No?

R.O.B. could very well be a big R.O.B. leading the R.O.B. Squad. As said, the ROB Squad moves in multiple numbers, so there must be somebody controlling them, right? So there could very well be a boss battle with a bigger ROB, who is then unlocked after you beat him.
Ancient Minister, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, take your pick of ROB Commanders.

Nothing we have supports ROB of any form in Brawl as a PC.

Tfox

Smash Rookie
Tfox did you every play EverQuest?

Edit: I just remember playing with a guy by that name, seems odd...unless Tfox means something that I don't know about :)
No, my full handle is Tfox707, but on forums where it isn't taken, it's just Tfox.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
OWNED! I cannot believe people were fighting so viciously for such a terrible roster? Was it because they were so sure it was true that they wanted to get ahead of the game and not look stupid when the roster finally does get confirmed? Also, didn't sakurai say he wanted to have more female representation in Brawl? If the horrible roster was right he would have added NONE. So how does that roster make sense to anyone? You think Sakurai was lying?

theoryC

Smash Rookie
There will probably be lots of Goombas as enemies. Someone issues their commands, right? Still doesn't mean King Goomba is playable though.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
No?

graspng
at
straws

Revven

FrankerZ
It could become a R.O.B Squad trophy. This doesn't debunk or prove anything whatsoever. Anyone remember the Ganondorf trophy we saw before Melee came out? Guess what happened? Ganondorf was in Melee anyway! Trophies don't deconfirm anyone, neither do stickers, you ninnies.

Sonic is a sticker! Does that mean he's deconfirmed?!!?!/! No, same goes for Ike and everybody else.

Trophies & Stickers =/= Debunked/deconfirmed/proven.

Just get off your high horses and wait until the game is out. Believe what you want to believe until the game is out. Then when we have the final roster and you guys turn out right, you can feel better about yourselves. If you're wrong then, there you go! Believing in something else will cause you anger. Have a nice week next week!

Tfox

Smash Rookie
Trophies don't debunk anyone, BUT the method to get it does!

Aside from outfit trophies, character trophies need to be unlocked initially through Classic. (And adventure/allstar/subspace would be smash! trophies.)

Revven

FrankerZ
Trophies don't debunk anyone, BUT the method to get it does!

Aside from outfit trophies, character trophies need to be unlocked initially through Classic. (And adventure/allstar/subspace would be smash! trophies.)
Still, he could be counted as a different trophy in that right. R.O.B Squad trophy would make sense. I mean, look at the Kirby Hats and some of the other trophies in Melee that also were characters but had trophies you could get in other modes. I really fail to see how it's impossible to have two different R.O.B trophies.

In the end, it's whether to believe what's right from wrong. I don't particularly care if the roster is wrong or right, it just looks the most reasonable because of the amount of sources saying it's right with reputation at stake. Not only that, but, the amount of WTFness in it and the hate its been receiving is reminiscent of the Melee roster leak. It's too similar IMO.

But, believe what you want!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Getting the R.O.B. 64 trophy from the Trophy mini-game as opposed to from completing Classic mode with him kind of debunks him as a playable character. BUT Brawl might be different to Melee in some ways.

It's a lame roster, but it's what I expected. No Isaac, no Mewtwo, not even another 3rd party, and 4 Starfox characters... WTF. (That's the only bit that doesn't work for me...)

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I am afraid that R.O.B. refers to the one from the starfox series, who is big enough to be a fighter but is sometimes confusewd with the tiny, disc-operating SSE lackey he is confused with.

Anyway, I reeeeeeeaaaaaaly hope we get a char reveal tomorrow that debunks this abomination of a roster. Krystal or Ridley would be epic - I think the internet would explode if this roster was pwned so soon after all the trouble it has caused.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Has no one seen that ROB 64 is not possible. You can see his trophy is collectible in Coin Launcher. Roster debunked!

Tfox

Smash Rookie
The only (weak) case that the 35 person roster can show is that they can make a smash character-sudoku work. Which wouldn't take more then ten minutes to imagine. They had to fill the roster with characters that would rely on prophits' reputation, but for unspecified characters, they had to take a guess. R.O.B. (NES) was a common (WTF) character, and could easily be mistaken for Rob64. However, when they had to make a mock roster, they had no idea that it would be debunked so quickly, but as a fail-safe, they made it so they could easily say that they mistook it for the wrong one. However, with both being debunked so quickly, the inconsistancies speak for how poorly put together the list was, and puts all thier info and crediblity into question.

Also, there is no evidence if the 2ch leak is real or not, for all we know, it could be a photoshop roster uploaded to a SD card to a TV. Nothing is concrete with this, and it only showcases the coat-tail prophit riders and easily swayed sheep.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
This is a vague debunking at best. Not concrete.

One more thing: Famitsu said completing SSE with all characters would take 240 hours... but 240 doesn't divide into 35 very well at all...

The leak is still up in the air. It's 50/50 as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest, though, I'd be happy with it. My wishes for Brawl were WWLink, Olimar and a stage builder.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Bane84 said:
Once again, that roster image was a mock-up. Not the real thing. A diagram. Something to express an idea. A figure.
Sorry, seems like I misunderstood it.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Once again, that roster image was a mock-up. Not the real thing. A diagram. Something to express an idea. A figure.

splat

Smash Lord
Let me debunk this debunking.

Your main reason is that ROB can't be playable because he is an enemy in SSE. As far as I know, we only have been seeing him in cutscenes.
On top of that, Wario and Bowser are shown to be working for the SSE aswell, which makes them enemies too.

I don't like the theory either, but are you sure it's safe to say that it is debunked already?

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Yeah! Here's the facts!!!

ROB is an enemy in SUBSPACE, where you can throw trophy stands at enemies to get their trophy. Follow? That means, Rob is a subspace trophy, which conflicts with classic mode trophies of characters!

Cue cornered music.

Okay. Starfox ROB is in the trophy launcher. Same arguement!!!

NEITHER are alt. outfits in contrast to the striker mario and cel link trophies.

And here you were so sure of yourself. I am the false prophit slayar.

Typo intended!

Pow!!!!:chuckle:

Edit!!!: Apparently, Captain Jack and JustaBill(quote in link) saw the trophy launcher before me, and made topics about it. Kudos.
umm.... http://cube.ign.com/articles/097/097715p1.html

just sayin

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
We've already thought of the trophy arguments... that ROB trophy is quite clearly gotten from the Coin launcher mini-game. If he was playable, the only way to unlock him would be through completing a 1 Player mode.

I'm not even sure with the starter Roster! ALL of the characters except Snake and Sonic? Even after Olimar was announced so long after Dedede? 21 Starters? That's not the kind of number I would choose, even 22 doesn't sound like a realistic amount of starters, but 21? I dunno, but I just think 20 would be a FAR better number. 20, 22, 24, 25, maybe even 26, but 21 just doesn't do it for me.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
See theres 25 confirmed characters why would they only add ten
Captain falcon confirmed (why would they give samari Goroh the F-zero log if C Falcon wasn't in.)
Jigglypuff: Confirmed via sticker head,
Ness: Confirmed via sticker head.
Lucario: Confimred via sticky head.
Krystal: confirmed by voice actor

That brings us to 29 confirmed characters
Why on earth would they only add 6 more Fricken Characters!

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Let me debunk this debunking.

Your main reason is that ROB can't be playable because he is an enemy in SSE. As far as I know, we only have been seeing him in cutscenes.
On top of that, Wario and Bowser are shown to be working for the SSE aswell, which makes them enemies too.

I don't like the theory either, but are you sure it's safe to say that it is debunked already?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea06.html

He's an enemy in the game...there's proof right there...

Celebi

Smash Apprentice
I think what Splat means is that Bowser and Wario (probably Ganondorf too) will be enemies in SEE till certain point, and is probably too that we will fight them.

So, as we've seen, could Bowser & Wario be turned into trophies in the middle of their fight? I don't think so. Maybe there are exceptions to the trophy getting mode, and as Bowser and Wario are likey to not be obtained that way... why couldn't ROB(s) be inmune against coins too?

PS: I don't want ROB in Brawl, I'm just trying to analize what I understood of what Splat said

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .So the only thing "debunking" this is the thought that "R.O.B. can't be a PC!".

. . .Hummm, I think their needs to be more "de" in this "bunk";)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
See theres 25 confirmed characters why would they only add ten
Captain falcon confirmed (why would they give samari Goroh the F-zero log if C Falcon wasn't in.)
Jigglypuff: Confirmed via sticker head,
Ness: Confirmed via sticker head.
Lucario: Confimred via sticky head.
Krystal: confirmed by voice actor

That brings us to 29 confirmed characters
Why on earth would they only add 6 more Fricken Characters!
First of all, Krystal isn't confirmed playable, but she is in the game. It's very possible she's an AT.

Second of all we're talking 35 BASE characters. So far we only know of 26 base characters, meaning there would be 9 we don't know of, and more if there are more transformations (Like Ganon maybe?)

And Captain Falcon is almost definitely in, but he's still not confirmed, either way, with a 35 roster, there are 8 or 9 positions left to fill.

I don't think this roster is real though.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming this is the Ganondorf thing.

Did they explain how to get this trophy? In clean day? No? I didn't think so.

ROB64 is right there. On the coin launcher. Why would it be there if you have to unlock it with him in Classic Mode unless... *GASP* he's not playable!
Why even mention ROB 64 from Star Fox if the people that leaked information said that the R.O.B. NES accessory is the one that is supposively playable? These two characters are both different. Also, so far, we can't really assume that R.O.B. NES accessory will be just a common enemy. I think there are more to them than being just enemies.

Top Bottom