• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Discussion Thread

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Now that he's confirmed and since the old thread is full of trolls, I think Ness deserves a new thread.

I couldn't resist this pic.. my two favourite characters together!

Here you can talk about Nerfs and Buffs, new movesets, Alt colours and costumes, stages and Subspace Emissary plots and team-ups for Ness.

Please any Claus fanboys who dislike Ness do not flame this thread. I'm sure at least Claus will be a recolour for Lucas.

Up until now? Screw that!

Seison

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting this thread is about to be closed, but before it is, I have to say that those shopped screens made me laugh.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
The trolls won't probably post again in the Support thread lest they make a fool of themselves. Except maybe Luke Groundwalker. Maybe we should wait up until Ness's Dojo confirmation to make a discussion thread.

those shopped screens made me laugh.
They're not that bad.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
That is entirely possible.

Perhaps PK Teleport has the abillity to Teleport at a range, but depending on how you arc your control stick, you teleport.

Also. PK Flash could be a chargable attack, but much more range.

PK Magnet can stay.

And PK Fire could be some sort of a row move. I'm not sure how though. It would have to work in the games..

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure this is the first Ness discussion thread since his confirmation.

Anyway, let's just begin shall we?

First of all I hope that Ness will get a new moveset, but if it turns out that Lucas and Ness are semi-clones I'm not really bothered.

His Final Smash has two possibilities in my eyes. One being PSI Rockin', which is THE typical Ness attack.
The other possibility for Ness' Final Smash would be a gigantic "SMAAAAAASH" text filling the screen. Just like in Earthbound when Ness gets a critical hit on an enemy with his Baseball bat. ^^

I'm not really interested in his color changes, extra stages or his role in SSE. But I'm very curious what the Earthbound Assist Trophies will be. It would be pretty cool to have Frank the gangster appearing, or perhaps Poo, I dunno, just throwing around ideas. :)

Edit: If Ness gets a new moveset, his Up+B should definitely be Teleport like you guys suggested.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I honestly see Ness and Lucas having the same B moves, but very different A moves and different stats (speed, weight, etc). From what was shown about Lucas, his A moves definitely are different.. so if that's the case, Ness and Lucas won't be clones. B button moves don't make a character.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
I'm optimistic about Ness for now, for two reasons. First of all, It's been rumored that Sakurai plans to reinstate all original SSB characters. If that is indeed the case then we have all but

Jiggly-Pretty darn likely. Her popularity skyrocketed in the first game, she maintains a unique play style and look well beyond that of any other character, there is no reason to have removed her, and now we may or may not have visual confirmation of her return.

Luigi-He put the 'Brothers' in Super Smash Brothers. Where would Mario be without him?

C Falcon-Again, unique play style to any other character, and currently the only Rep (not to mention the protaganist) of the F-Zero series. There is no reason to put any other character from that series without C Falcon.

Ness-This seems to be the only character no one is quite sure of. Everyone is suggesting Lucas has replaced him, however, I would like to remind everyone two things:
1. Originally it was rumored Sakurai intended on having all original characters return. Does it really make sense that Ness would be the only one who didn't make the cut? Ness has been with us for the first two game, and offered yet another unique game play for us all, and I think Sakurai appreciates the power of a true Veteran.
2. The creator of Lucas had originally begged Sakurai to let Lucas into MELEE. However, Sakurai was already too far along with Melee, and therefore was unable to accept the request. Surely Ness had already been created in Melee, and surely neither of them would have dreamed of replacing Ness with Lucas. Why now would they choose to?

While neither of those are cold hard facts proving that Ness is going to be in, they are quick observations that allows me to remain hopeful that all of the original 12 will in fact be returning. I'm crossing my fingers, as it would be nice to always be able to return to our roots with each of them. I would just feel empty without Ness.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
While neither of those are cold hard facts proving that Ness is going to be in, they are quick observations that allows me to remain hopeful that all of the original 12 will in fact be returning. I'm crossing my fingers, as it would be nice to always be able to return to our roots with each of them. I would just feel empty without Ness.
Dude, did you just miss how Ness has been officially confirmed?

A japanese gameplay movie slipped up and showed Ness, Jiggly and Lucario. They later edited their movie and blanked out the icons.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Now that he's confirmed and since the old thread is full of trolls, I think Ness deserves a new thread.

Here you can talk about Nerfs and Buffs, new movesets, Alt colours and costumes, stages and Subspace Emissary plots and team-ups for Ness.

Please any Claus fanboys who dislike Ness do not flame this thread. I'm sure at least Claus will be a recolour for Lucas.

Up until now? Screw that!
QFT!

Add the Ness supporters list to the First post, or else candlejack will come an

XACE-K

Smash Master
Does anybody else think Ness should have PK Rockin in his moveset? If I remember correctly, Ness had PK Flash and PK Rockin so he wouldn't have Paula's moves.

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
That is entirely possible.

Perhaps PK Teleport has the abillity to Teleport at a range, but depending on how you arc your control stick, you teleport.

Also. PK Flash could be a chargable attack, but much more range.

PK Magnet can stay.

And PK Fire could be some sort of a row move. I'm not sure how though. It would have to work in the games..

I say give him Shield Sigma, work like marth's counter but only deals equal damage but can he chargable. Make it ok, and anyone could grab him, also it has a longer time to activate considering magnet to marth's counter so it'd all be good.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully his moveset will be more like how he is in Earthbound.

Instead of using his fists at all he should always have his bat out, one of his B moves could be a yo-yo based attack another the teleport thing he does when he runs so he could have a different recovery than Lucas and another could be PK Flash or another PK he had sorry my memory is a bit fuzzy haven't played Earthbound in forever. And obviously his final smash would be PK Rockin'. Finally Ness might ACTUALLY be like how he is suppose to :)

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
I think it's SO insanely great that Ness made it back in. I also really love how all of those who were hating against him (Claus supporters leading the charge) had to eat massive amounts of crow, and all of their logic against Ness phailed utterly in the end.

So, yes Ness will be my number one main once again, and I will own everyone online with him.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Deku, you were right.. Claus is just a recolor of Lucas.

Oh well I guess its just bad karma for them attacking Ness' chances.

Top Bottom