• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar: End of Day (Final Smash)

Sola

Smash Rookie
It worked basically as I expected to work, including the crashing down upon reentry... The first screenshot showing the Pikmin Chain also suggests that simply being damaged in any way by the white Pikmin causes Dedede to be poisoned.

I'm guessing that the bit about it causing less damage in smaller matches simply refers to the fact that there are less people to hit, not that it would cause less damage to each person when there are less people.

I thought he was taking off without the Pikmin at first, but at least he's not totally heartless - I didn't notice the one onion in the background of the 4th screenshot.

Pigking2020

Smash Rookie
I totally love this FS, and it is definitely going to be one of the bests. Especially if the camera stays pointed up into the sky as everyone is getting damaged by the bulborbs. This is definitely what I wanted to happen. Oh and the crashing afterwards is just the final hit needed, this is definitely going to be one of the better final smashed.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Sigh, it's a good FS. Better than some of the others, (Like we need another giant beam thing...)
But it's interesting...does the camera stay panned out or does it return to the action while giant swarming things attack the leftover players?

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
No I dont think so. It'll not hurt team mates unless Friendly fire is turned on.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of the Final Smash premise, I'm NOT a fan of what it does. End of Day is a great idea, but if you're playing one-on-one, it doesn't do much damage; and if you're playing FFA, someone might steal your kill. I mean, compare it to Ike's FS which CAN hit multiple people AND kill. I'm HOPING that the explosion caused by the ship landing takes covers half of the stage, so you can get some kills out of it.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
It's pretty much how I predicted it. Same goes for most of his moves. He's a pretty predictable character because of tight selection, which is really weird because in the game it seems there are so many selections. No, what really surprised me today was his remark on balance. It's like one of the people from our competitive community said something about balance and he was like "zoh my goshz! I nedz to sez sommin!" Ok, he didn't do that. But seriously was it the reviewer from EGM talking to him about the competitive community?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It worked exactly as I thought it would, and looks awesome, and seems to be extremely powerful.

Woot for Olimar!!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
But dishing out damage alone won’t score you points. The more people in the brawl, the more damage you can expect this attack to do, but beware—another opponent may steal the KO you’ve worked so hard to set up.

In a one-on-one match, this Final Smash won’t deal as much damage, but hey, there’s no worry that someone else will steal your KO, either.

I guess you could call this balancing the gameplay, huh?

What the hell did you just say? How does this balance gameplay? You could say that for every single Final Smash! Samus' Final Smash does more damage in a free for all because there are more opponents to give damage to!

You deserved to be slapped for that statement, Sakurai. *SLAP!*

Overall, I don't really care for Olimar, and I didn't really like this Final Smash, especially because we already knew about it. But whatever, we knew it was coming.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting. I wonder what the mechanics are like. Does it create it's own starry sky? Does it just turn whatever stage it is into "night"? Is the camera really that far above the action that you can't see?

Hrm.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
LAME THREAD TITLE! To bland to what I'm used to.

But Olimar's Final Smash is quite fitting, considering the character.

Top Bottom