• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New leak; Sheik confirmed to be part of Zelda

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Where is this from? If it's a strategy guide, we need the rest of it NOW.

Awex

Smash Lord
I wondered where the rest of it was too when I saw it. But there's two possibilities: It's fake. Or, it's not all scanned. Yet. :D

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm a little dissapointed that's all they could do with Sheik. I was hoping for... more? Oh, well. I'd have to see the front of the outfit to really tell. It doesn't seem fake, so thanks, Nicktendo!

Now we discuss how the transformation could be different, right?

Awex

Smash Lord
This is from Famitsu, supposedly, which is a Japanese magazine. Not a game guide, so don't expect huge spoilers.

These are being posted on 2ch, then reposted on 4chan, then sent to Nicktendo by me and posted here. More to come hopefully. =)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Yeah everybody go to general brawl discussion for pics of the other revealed characters, I didnt have time to upload them all and post them so check them out there

Iris

Smash Ace
Not even a hair color change?

I'm supremely dissapointed. Not only by the fact that Sheik's stuck in there again, but because we wasted over half a year speculating absolutely NOTHING. Way to blow.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I was considering making Zelda one of my secondary mains, but this has likely ruined that plan...

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Not a terrible surprise, but yeah it's a bit dissapointing she looks EXACTLY the same as Melee. There wasn't even a new design worth hiding.

What's also disappointing is that we have to get this from leaked sites rather than the official. It kind of burns me up.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Oh and Iris, that's not entirely true, Sheik could be entirely different with a complete moveset makeover. Because, you know, she deserves it entirely.

And I would like to know what that all says, just for curiosities sake. I think we need a translator.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Not a terrible surprise, but yeah it's a bit dissapointing she looks EXACTLY the same as Melee. There wasn't even a new design worth hiding.

What's also disappointing is that we have to get this from leaked sites rather than the official. It kind of burns me up.
Did you ever play or see Sheik in Melee? She definitely doesn't look the same.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I really hope they slow Sheik down. She's near or at Fox speed, who I'm hearing is slower, so it would only make sense.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
That's it?! That wasn't worth all the wait! Same look (though a little more feminine), same moves, and even the same name...

All the arguments, all our ideas to make a better Zelda and to keep shiek out...

Oh well, in the end I guess it doesn't matter! It's up to us to make Zelda Top Tier :p

Zelda and Zelda mains FTW

Taunt: "I can handle it myself"
"Not that pseudo me again!" (when facing sheik)
"Transform? What!! HAHAHAHA! Who needs that!"

Funny thing, I was hearing a song called "Lose it all" when I clicked the dojo today:urg:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Sheik has returned and looks awesome, but they are both the same as in Melee.

Go figure. Only hope is Sheik being nerfed.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman

Yep it's officially Sheik is finally confirmed by the dojo. Though I must say her new look is pretty awesome even if it was only minor changes. She looks more feminine maybe now people will refer to her as a she. Also I must say those Zelda pics of Nayru's Love and Din's Fire are nice.

Haha melphyr nice taunt messages. Yep even with Sheik apart as her i'm still maining Zelda here's hoping that Sheik isn't crazy strong no more. Zelda you better pick up the slack. Now bring on the Zelda videos there's nothing to hide no more.

Also does this mean we won't see pics of Zelda's FS since he posted it with her moves. Hopefully not and what's up with Sheik having the same one?

evilwart

Smash Rookie
Either: -
- Sheik quickly transforms into Zelda before preforming her final smash.
- Sheik uses the Light Arrows as Sheik, which might look a bit akward.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
If Sheik were to be confirmed, her having her own Final Smash would've cushioned the blow, but no, Sakurai has to give her light arrows too.

Sheik'll probably just use them, no transforming back to Zelda.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
If Sheik were to be confirmed, her having her own Final Smash would've cushioned the blow, but no, Sakurai has to give her light arrows too.

Sheik'll probably just use them, no transforming back to Zelda.
She is confirmed. The Light Arrow Final Smash will probably be shown as Sheik using them, not Zelda, that would be pretty lame. However, I think it would have been better if she was just a separate character with a separate Final Smash, or at least still Zelda's down special, but a different smash.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
She is confirmed. The Light Arrow Final Smash will probably be shown as Sheik using them, not Zelda, that would be pretty lame. However, I think it would have been better if she was just a separate character with a separate Final Smash, or at least still Zelda's down special, but a different smash.
I know..
I was talking about in the past. I always thought that if Sheik were to be confirmed at least she'd get a new Final Smash.

=/

Sakurai knows how to annoy Zelda users xP

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
a new FS for Sheik would have been good, but tbh i can't join in with all this hating. I love Sheik and i'm glad she is back as part of Zelda like before, and think the TP look is awesome even though Sheik never appeared in TP

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it. How does this ruin that?
It's nearly guaranteed that Sakurai is once again going to try for the "balance" playstyle where you have to switch between the 2 for best results. Even if he manages to pull it off (and if the last game is anything to go by, it'll fail miserably again), I still won't want to play as Sheik. I just want to play as Zelda. I want a fair and balanced Zelda to play as, not one with glaring weaknesses which make her need to change. She's the one I like and actually would consider myself a fan of. I don't care about Sheik at all.

I can't believe how little has changed. After seeing as how Zero Suit Samus is a final smash (where you must choose between using a super powerful attack or staying in your armour) and the pokemon have a stamina system, I thought that if Sheik returned that there would at least be some strings attached to the transformation. But no. It's going to be the same as Melee, probably with Sheik dominating the battlefield with Zelda collecting cobwebs, and no motivation to transform.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm there with Zoo. I really wanted Zelda to be her own character, fully balanced out to kick *** with improved B moves and a more magical moveset overall. Seems she has all the same B moves, and I feel like they're still going to force this woman with a long dress to try to kick people. Seriously, she's the keeper of the triforce of wisdom... yet she can't even figure out how to effectively attack enemies?

Unlike Zoo- I love Sheik's character design and am glad there's a ninja type character in the game. I was hoping both would be in as separate characters (fully balanced as such). Each would get a new down B move which would fill out their characters and... I don't know. I just feel like they would have worked better separately.

Top Bottom