• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geolyte for Brawl!

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice

Alright, seriously this is a WTF character, but think about a few signs point this to being so. First of all, the DS series needs a representative, the Geolyte being could be one of them, this would make sense, especially since Sakurai designed Meteos (the game of origin).

Another possible hint, if indeed the alloy team are based off of characters, Geolyte would be the yellow one, some people say that it could be the Animal Crosser, but the location of the horns are far too perfect.

Anyone have ideas for movesets? Ideas? Criticisms?

Arteen

Smash Lord
"DS series"? Besides, Geolyte is in the game; the yellow alloy is an allusion to him, and I think that is as much as Meteos will get.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
"DS series"? Besides, Geolyte is in the game; the yellow alloy is an allusion to him, and I think that is as much as Meteos will get.
The DS series being the the series with the DS icon, for stages such as PictoChat. Meteos was released the first year of the DS, and with Sakurai at the helm of that game, why couldn't Meteos be a WTF character, much like Mr. Game & Watch or Dr. Mario were on the last game. And the Yellow Alloy may be an allusion to him, but isn't Red and Blue alloys to Capt. Falcon and Zamus/Zelda? I'm far from saying Geolyte is definitely in Brawl, but it is a possibility. With Sakurai adding more characters to Kirby's franchise and including Ice Climbers because it was one of his favorite games growing up. It wouldn't shock me if Sakurai did this to one of his characters.

<-DS Series Icon

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

Alright, seriously this is a WTF character,
Yes... but the WTF excuse only works to an extent.

but think about a few signs point this to being so. First of all, the DS series needs a representative, the Geolyte being could be one of them, this would make sense, especially since Sakurai designed Meteos (the game of origin).
Ah... no. The DS series doesn't need a representative. Not at all. If Geolyte got in he would have his own icon. And yes, Sakurai worked in the game. I'll give you that. But I will also say that it took three games of Smash for the Kirby trio to be complete, take that as you will.

Another possible hint, if indeed the alloy team are based off of characters, Geolyte would be the yellow one, some people say that it could be the Animal Crosser, but the location of the horns are far too perfect.

Yes, but more likely than not is that they took a playable character's model and made him look like Geolyte.

Anyone have ideas for movesets? Ideas? Criticisms?
Get better reasoning.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
Not at all. If Geolyte got in he would have his own icon.
Yes, that's most likely, but I'm saying he could be a contender if they were looking for a DS representative.

But I will also say that it took three games of Smash for the Kirby trio to be complete, take that as you will.
Yes, but it seems that he has more control in this game, Kirby is apparently no longer nerfed and Kirby also is jumping from 1 to at least 3 characters, Kirby is getting a few new items. I'm just saying with Sakurai appearing to have more control in this game, Geolyte wouldn't be out of the question.

Get better reasoning.
That's all the reasoning I have, by no means am I saying he is in Brawl, this is just saying there is a chance as small as it may be. This post was made as a support thread, not to say Geolyte is in Brawl. I would personally find him as a unique and fun character.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yes, that's most likely, but I'm saying he could be a contender if they were looking for a DS representative.
Alright then. Too many "ifs" though.

Yes, but it seems that he has more control in this game, Kirby is apparently no longer nerfed and Kirby also is jumping from 1 to at least 3 characters, Kirby is getting a few new items. I'm just saying with Sakurai appearing to have more control in this game, Geolyte wouldn't be out of the question.
No one told Sakurai to not include Meta and 3De in Melee. He decided that himself. He has as much control as always, except for 1P mode, which he always wanted to expand, but decided against it because of Miyamoto.

That's all the reasoning I have, by no means am I saying he is in Brawl, this is just saying there is a chance as small as it may be. This post was made as a support thread, not to say Geolyte is in Brawl. I would personally find him as a unique and fun character.
As microscopic as it may be. I'd tell you to not make a thread for every single character for the smallest chance they might have, but... well, I'm guilty of this too. And I know you didn't say he was in Brawl, you just stated why you thought he had a chance, and I said why I thought your reasoning was not that good.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
As microscopic as it may be. I'd tell you to not make a thread for every single character for the smallest chance they might have, but... well, I'm guilty of this too. And I know you didn't say he was in Brawl, you just stated why you thought he had a chance, and I said why I thought your reasoning was not that good.
Well, just so you know, this is my first thread on SmashBoards, so I haven't exactly gone around making threads. I think there is some evidence for this character, more so than a lot of characters with threads for, so I thought I would propose it to the community. I in no way intended to make this a spam thread, I see plenty and they annoy me too, and compared to a lot of threads, I think this one is thought out a bit and had some graphics to rely on. Sorry, if this came off as a joke thread.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
there's a thread for meteos discussion already.
Yes, but that is for Meteos in general.

Can't people just accept the fact that not all franchises with icons will have a playable character?
I can accept that, again I'm just proposing, it is looking like Animal Crossing won't get a rep, just thought I'd throw that idea out there. Don't be so offended.

Top Bottom