• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alloy's character

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
To all those who I know will disagree with me, just listen! I'm using the facts, I don't know if some of these are new, so I'm not assuming anything we don't know.

Red Alloy

Character is Captain Falcon:
Who doesn't believe this? Same pose, same "multi-man" from Melee. Though there remains the possibility this is Snake...

Blue Alloy

Character is Zelda:
To start, who was the last female "multi-man" based off of? Now, you can also tell that the falling form is similar to Zelda. To those saying this is Zamus(etc.), keep in mind, Zamus uses the Paralyzer, which it appears to not have. Keep in mind, the female fighting Wire-frames in Melee also had pony tails, and were off of Zelda. There is also the possibility that this is Peach.

Yellow Alloy

Character is uknown, or possibly Mario:
Now this one is confusing. The horns allude that this may be the AC rep, or even Bowser Jr. I, in my opinion, believe this is actually Mario. Notice in this picture, his falling form resembles Mario's(hands spinning, legs straight down). For now, this one remains inconclusive. Other speculations for the character include Luigi, Lucas and Midna.

Green Alloy

Character is possibly Kirby:
Now on this one, Sakurai just plain told us it looks like Kirby, but it isn't. This leads some to wonder, is this Kirby or not? Some other suggestions for this one may be Tamagon, or even an allusion to Jigglypuff. This one remains inconclusive as well.

Here are some very convincing arguments from Jupiter, pics included ^_^
you guys are dumb...it's ZELDA, CAPTAIN FALCON, MARIO, and KIRBY...I've got proof...gimme time to upload pics...I'll be right back.

k...back...

OOooookay: Check it: (I'LL RESIZE THE PICS IN A BIT TO A SMALLER SIZE...)

RED ALLOY is
CAPTAIN FALCON

~Cleary, it's Captain Falcon...no question about that~

BLUE ALLOY is
ZELDA

~As it was in Melee...though it looks like they re-wired (pun not intended) the
body movements...similar to how they changed the way Peach runs (grabbing dress
from behind). Looks like Zelda's fall from her jump leaves her with her arms a bit bent~

YELLOW ALLOY is
MARIO

~the horns are there for adornment...just for show. this is a pose from when Mario
turns around to face the other way from RIGHT to LEFT. like with Zelda, looks like
they re-worked some body movements...his head doesn't turn as much. Keep in
mind that Sakurai has implemented a new feature of "locking eye-contact" with other
characters (when two characters' heads and eyes stay in focus with eachother)~

GREEN ALLOY is
KIRBY

~despite the sir kibbles-esque mohawk and the weird "arabian knights" shoes, this
is in fact, Kirby. if you recall, in Smash 64, Kirby was comprised of two spheres on top
of eachother (like a 2-sphered snowman) for his Polygon counterpart. Pikachu looked
like a fat reptile with a short Yoshi-esque tail (no lightning bolt tail). HERE IS a video
of a 64 fighting polygon fight with Link vs. (Mario) (Link) and (Pikachu) Polygon figures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTz2J5VPL4w~

~OH yeah...this is Kirby (like Mario) turning from facing RIGHT to LEFT~

Now, the good stuff...as for the animations...take a gander:

FIRST SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) is being hit~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) is being hit~
~now with this oblong shape, it's a result of a "high velocity" impact...it's in Melee, too~

SECOND SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) descending~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) being hit~
~either before or after the oblong-effect takes place from impact~

NOW::::

as for all you kiddies out there speculating over the size: YOU ALL HAVE POOR MEMORY!
Wireframes were always bigger in size than the original characters they represent in
Melee. Take a look:

~OMG! They're giants!!!!~

~so enough of the "ZOMG!!!1 It might be luigi + bowser!" "Zir KIbblets + birby!" "Zamus +
pizza!!!"~

~it's simply, CAP FALCON, ZELDA, MARIO, and KIRBY...~

may this argument rest in peace....

Well, there you have it. Speculate whatever you will, but please, keep these things in mind.
Please, no flaming in this thread.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I think this may be overthinking the alloy character. Nothing says they have to be based on specific characters or movesets. Why should we expect that they are?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Because Captain Falcon is already known.

And the AC thing is another example of what I'm saying, blayde.

And Kirby's feet are much more different than the alloy's than Tamagon's.

And the alloy has a mohawk.

And it's longer (In both profile pictures, it's not him "when he gets hit" since it's constant).

And it's too big (And they don't make the alloys bigger, look at red in the fighting pic, he's Falcon-sized).
How is the AC thing different? There's a series icon for it! Which could possibly mean there's a character representing it. Which means, he "wouldn't be smart enough" to not spoil it.

Once again, they can't obviously CHANGE A MODEL TO ANY SIZE THEY WANT! Just think of it as a clone. The green alloy is Kirby's clone. There. Easy, isn't it?

If you don't believe that characters with different size proportions can still use the same moveset, load up an Action Replay for Smash Bros Melee, and find out. It's pretty easy.

No, it's not Tamagon. There is NO SERIES SYMBOL for Devil World. Which means, there's no chance! Okay? There's a symbol for Animal Crossing AND F-Zero, so don't say that it's another example of what you were saying.

BTW, Oblong means a distorted circle, pretty much.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
If each of the Alloys is based on a character, then Sakurai wouldn't mention that it wasn't Kirby, unless either:

Green looks MORE like Kirby than the other colors look like their characters (Did he say "It's not Zelda!"?), or;

It was actually based on someone else.

Green looks THE LEAST like Kirby if that's who he's based on, IMO. I conclude that it's someone else.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
If each of the Alloys is based on a character, then Sakurai wouldn't mention that it wasn't Kirby, unless either:

Green looks MORE like Kirby than the other colors look like their characters (Did he say "It's not Zelda!"?), or;

It was actually based on someone else.

Green looks THE LEAST like Kirby if that's who he's based on, IMO. I conclude that it's someone else.
He meant that it wasn't Kirby. As in the character himself.

THAT'S what he meant.

It's his humor because he created the character.

Sorry for the argument, Ismar.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
/yawn

Sounds good to me. Not that it really matters to me that much. I mean it might be a waste of space but they could just copy the general model from Melee and use that and no particular character in Brawl.

-Onyx

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
blayde, I edited that post. It now says that a stage is more significant than an AT.

And why do you think Sakurai is so incompetent? Why do you try to tell us, his fans, that he is so dumb that he doesn't know how to keep a secret?

And oblong isn't just "distorted", you know it means something much more different than a circle than that. Do you have money riding on this?

Oblong means obviously longer in one dimension than another.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty convinced that the blue alloy is Zero Suit Samus. If it were Zelda, then I'd like to think that we'd see some sort of dress-like aspect to the design, not just a straight, skin-tight-looking figure. I mean, look at the Captain Falcon look-a-like; you can clearly see his shoulder pads, so it's clear that clothing is represented in addition to the actual body of the character (well....assuming the alloys represent characters, anyway).

Just my two cents.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I don't think he's dumb... I was trying to prove a point... that's what the quotes were for.

Never mind. I give up. Think it's Tamagon, and be disappointed when you find out he's not in the game.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
/yawn

Sounds good to me. Not that it really matters to me that much. I mean it might be a waste of space but they could just copy the general model from Melee and use that and no particular character in Brawl.

-Onyx
You realize those models were based of off Captain Falcon and Zelda right?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm pretty convinced that the blue alloy is Zero Suit Samus. If it were Zelda, then I'd like to think that we'd see some sort of dress-like aspect to the design, not just a straight, skin-tight-looking figure. I mean, look at the Captain Falcon look-a-like; you can clearly see his shoulder pads, so it's clear that clothing is represented in addition to the actual body of the character (well....assuming the alloys represent characters, anyway).

Just my two cents.

Dress?

EDIT: Better pic

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
of course it's not an AC rep, lol, just by the horns???

Then that shoulder thing in the red one?? the mohawk in the green one??

They're kinda there to made them look different lol
It also has a huge head compared to it's body

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
They aren't taking after any characters, stop these stupid threads...=\

When Sakurai said "Green Alloy! It may look like Kirby, but it’s not him!" I /facepalmed.

BLUE IS OBV ZERO SUIT SAMUS AND NOT ZELDA!!!!

=\

Roatigas

Smash Rookie
I think people need to focus less on the details - mohawks, shoulderpads, ponytails - and more on the general shape and its implications for the similarities of the animations between the alloys and their possible playable character counterparts.

Case and point, this image that I also posted in the other thread (dual discussions ftl?):

Poor quality, and because of the way I quickly nabbed this screenshot from the "Snake join the Brawl!" video on the Dojo, the animations can't be conclusively said to be the same (mainly the fist on the left hand side, but at a different stage in the animation they might be more similar), but they are very close in my opinion. I'm not discounting Captain Falcon at all, of course, but it's food for thought.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
yet in the picture the alloys arm is more far back like captain falcons stance.

tbh in IMO!!! doesnt look like that could be snake.

LuiStrokes

Smash Journeyman
I think people need to focus less on the details - mohawks, shoulderpads, ponytails - and more on the general shape and its implications for the similarities of the animations between the alloys and their possible playable character counterparts.

Case and point, this image that I also posted in the other thread (dual discussions ftl?):

Poor quality, and because of the way I quickly nabbed this screenshot from the "Snake join the Brawl!" video on the Dojo, the animations can't be conclusively said to be the same (mainly the fist on the left hand side, but at a different stage in the animation they might be more similar), but they are very close in my opinion. I'm not discounting Captain Falcon at all, of course, but it's food for thought.
lol never thought bout snake, but he looks like red alloy.

And also other screen shot of falcon look like it, i dunno wut to think :confused:

Eagle

Smash Lord
How is the AC thing different? There's a series icon for it! Which could possibly mean there's a character representing it. Which means, he "wouldn't be smart enough" to not spoil it.

Once again, they can't obviously CHANGE A MODEL TO ANY SIZE THEY WANT! Just think of it as a clone. The green alloy is Kirby's clone. There. Easy, isn't it?

If you don't believe that characters with different size proportions can still use the same moveset, load up an Action Replay for Smash Bros Melee, and find out. It's pretty easy.

No, it's not Tamagon. There is NO SERIES SYMBOL for Devil World. Which means, there's no chance! Okay? There's a symbol for Animal Crossing AND F-Zero, so don't say that it's another example of what you were saying.

BTW, Oblong means a distorted circle, pretty much.
So it's impossible to use the model of an AT?

That's if Tamagon is in AT... which a supposed 'leak' says so.

Roatigas

Smash Rookie
Just to reiterate, I realise that left hand does not appear to be in the same position (I said as much), but if you consider that this screenshot I took is just one frame of a whole punching animation, I'd argue it's possible that at one point they could match up. Unfortunately I am neither technically skilled enough nor persistant enough to look into it further >.>

EDIT: Of course, I could counter my very own arguments with the fact that if it does use Snake as a reference for animations and thus attacks, it would then need to draw on Snake's unique form of weapon-using smash attacks. This, of course, seems unlikely to happen, as wire frames in the past have been strictly melee fighters. Then again, this isn't SSBM, things can change.
I don't think I have any counter-counter arguments for myself at this time...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
So it's impossible to use the model of an AT?
I guess not... I mean, AT's are the equivalent to Pokemon... and you can't put switch models/movesets with Pokemon on Melee, so it would seem that you can't use AR to do the same with AT's.

But i guess we'll find out when they have an AR for Wii. But my guess is no.

djs5590

Smash Rookie
me thinks Yellow Alloy is a sneeky wink at Sakurai's lesser known creation:

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
me thinks Yellow Alloy is a sneeky wink at Sakurai's lesser known creation:
Hmm, probably.

Looks probable.
I still think it's AC, they don't need to exactly match their corresponding character.
Just noticeable physical features.

Look at the definition of 'alloy'
"An alloy is a homogeneous mixture of two or more elements, at least one of which is a metal, and where the resulting material has metallic properties. The resulting metallic substance usually has different properties (sometimes substantially different) from those of its components."

Hmmm..
Could this be... two characters in one perhaps?
Just a little bit different then it's two characters?

Don't flame me on this, it's a possible explanation and inspiration for the 'alloy' name as well.

Top Bottom