• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness in Brawl! *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
No, I'm not even going to explain it. This needed its own thread, otherwise, it would get little attention. I warned you about spoilers, so if its true, this is the first SSE thing spoiled that we don't know about and spoils how to unlock someone.

EBF has confirmed Ness as a playable character!

He knew about the Franklin Badge, New Pork City stage, and playable Lucas weeks before they were confirmed.

"Get to Chapter 3 in Adventure mode, and progress all the way through to the end (save the game during the last checkpoint just in case you lose the upcoming boss battle). There's a cutscene in which Lucas is approached by Porky (in his spider mech), who backs Lucas up the edge of a cliff, with nowhere to turn. One of Porky's machine's mechanized legs lifts up about to attack Lucas, when the mechanized leg is hit with a sudden PK blast from behind. Porky turns around and Ness is standing there. The cutscene transitions into a Lucas (P1) & Ness vs. Porky boss battle. Damage the mech until the HP bar at the top of the screen drains out, but watch out for the spider legs, as they cause quite a bit of damage. When you defeat Porky, Ness will be unlocked. -EBF"

Looks like ChaosZero is correct (so far)...
EBF (EarthBound Fan) is a friend of mine (we met years ago at Starmen.net) who has close ties to sources within HAL Laboratory, one of the co-developers of MOTHER 3. I believe there's an "EarthBound Fan" member here at GameFAQs, but it's a totally different person.

Around the time Starmen.net speculated about the Franklin Badge, EBF sent me the following e-mail which I made a topic here about, but it was overlooked and labeled as "generic"/"anybody could guess that"/etc. It didn't get any more than 10 replies.

"There's going to be a Franklin Badge item that protects from projectile weapons. I've also heard that Lucas will be a playable character and MOTHER 3's New Pork City will be a stage. Word on Ness returning is still unknown at this point. -EBF"

A few days later, r.e.i.d.m.a.n. of Starmen.net posted similar information, likely from the same source. I'm sure they'll confirm Ness in a few days time.
Source

What do you guys think? Wanna believe? Or would rather shout "OMG FAKEEEEEEEE!" :p

Edit: Close the thread if the information becomes proven to be false.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
It sounds interesting. IMO I never cared about the Mother/Earthbound stuff as much, since I've never played the games, but the cutscene stuff sounds VERY interesting. =D

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
This guy was right about everything else so far, so I say this probably confirms Ness.

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
i believe for the msot part, but i have my doubts.....

the only thing i don't like is that i want sse to be more mixed up with series(i.e. fox + diddy vs rayquaza), rather than two people from teh same series vs another person of the same series

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I see no reason to believe it, but it would certainly be cool. Ness saving Lucas in SSE? THAT is what the new Adventure mode is all about. Let's hope.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I'll take everything without some good sources with a grain of salt. It seems a little odd that Ness would be unlockable but Lucas wouldn't.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't say it's completely spoiled by reading that; seems pretty blunt.

Seems reasonable though. I think Ness is still in Brawl.

I go to Starmen.net. :p

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll take everything without some good sources with a grain of salt. It seems a little odd that Ness would be unlockable but Lucas wouldn't.
Right, I'm just merely posting what I saw though. If it turns out false, the thread can of course be locked. We just have to wait and see.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
The source is invalid. I'd like ness to be in brawl as much as anyone, but this isn't a source. EBF didn't post this info, koolerkid did, and he's a known troll.

This thread is full of fail.

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
If what you say is true, and he predicted Lucas, New Pork City, and the Franklin Badge, then I guess Ness (and yes, clones) are in Brawl. The mention of "Chapter 3" also indicates that Nin10dough may have been correct in his claims. I refuse to believe Ness is in Brawl until after I've played the game, though. (I also don't believe Nin10dough's playable character claims.)

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
i believe for the msot part, but i have my doubts.....

the only thing i don't like is that i want sse to be more mixed up with series(i.e. fox + diddy vs rayquaza), rather than two people from teh same series vs another person of the same series
You have a very good point there.

Ice Climbers + Meta Knight, Link + Yoshi, Mario + Pit ...etc.

this one seems to contract with what the SSE is about (Mixing serieses together)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The source is invalid. I'd like ness to be in brawl as much as anyone, but this isn't a source. EBF didn't post this info, koolerkid did, and he's a known troll.

it's from koolerkid?

thread over. it's automatically fake. sorry to get your hopes up people.

Revven

FrankerZ

Well, if that's the case... I don't mind if the thread is closed.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
If I am to be proven wrong about Ness, than I deserve to be laughed at. I've been harsh to Ness supporters- But I honestly trust Starmen's sources.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Sounds believable, and absolutely awesome. I don't see them cutting Ness, Lucas having a similar set to the previous Ness proves nothing.

Jungle-Man

Smash Rookie
If your can play the game, why don't you ask him to leak the game? It would do such a favor for the whole community. So, please ask him.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Good history of accuracy before official updates. But I am lukewarm anyway.

Then again, Ness being confirmed will create a chain reaction as prophets dictating Ness are in/scrapped will have their credibility adjusted. Truly, we are now operating in our own chaotic omniverse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom