• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Imajin for Brawl Support thread!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
OK, I just thought of this, and it seriously needs to happen! When we try to think of a WTF character. We usually use Mr. Game and Watch as the standard. But what other character is really funny, randomly-yet-majorly historical, and just has 'WTF where did they guy come from'-ness?

How about this: Imajin. He is the main character Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic. Otherwise known as Super Mario Bros 2. He is a first party character. And his creator? None other than Shigeru Miyamoto himself.

Now, first, i'll explain the game. It was created as a Japan exclusive for the Famicom (NES). It was about a family trying to rescue to kids. But when it was time to release Super Mario Bros 2 in the United States of America, Nintendo decided the real SMB2 (later released here as Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels), was to hard of a game for the American audience.

So the solution? They gave Doki Doki Panic a Mario face lift. They replaced Papa, Mama, Imajin, and Lina (the Yume Kojo family and main characters of the game) with Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Toad. They changed many other things as well, which can be found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yume_Kōjō:_Doki_Doki_Panic

Imajin is the main character of what is the 2nd Mario game in the USA. He is a very unknown, yet very historical Nintendo character. It would be hillarious and awesome and WTF all at once to see him return to video games in Brawl, and the Imajin vs Mario matches would be epic.

If he doesnt seem important or historical enough from what I already have said, consider this: it was Imajin's game for which Birdo, Wart, and the ShyGuy's were created. Without Imajin's game, these characters would never have been in a single Mario game, much less the Mario cartoon. And guess what? The alternate world in Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros 2 is called the Subspace. Imajin would be a great character to have.

In all seriousness, this guy needs to gain a following and hopeful. Imajin was created by Miyamoto, and I honestly think if Miyamoto or Sakurai thought of this character, he has a decent chance of being added to the game.

Here is an example screen from Doki Doki Panic, compared the the same screen from Super Mario Bros 2.

If anybody can make a sig (similar to the ones in my sig) promoting Imajin for Brawl, it would be really appreciated and awesome.

IMAJIN FOR BRAWL!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Seeing as everything introduced is Doki Doki is part of Mario canon (even the Super Mario 2 we know was released in Japan as "Super Mario USA"), I highly doubt it.

EDIT:
It's certianly possible XD
Nope. All the main playable characters, including Papa, were animated characters on Fuji Television beforehand. The game was made by Nintendo to promote a special airing on the television station involving the characters. All other characters, Wart, Birdo, etc., were created by Nintendo. Thus, Papa is ruled out due to the no anime characters rule. Everyone else like Birdo and Shyguys and Wart are still safe due to being made by a video game company. Nintendo itself, nonetheless.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Seeing as everything introduced is Doki Doki is part of Mario canon (even the Super Mario 2 we know was released in Japan as "Super Mario USA"), I highly doubt it.

EDIT:
It's certianly possible XD
Nope. All the main playable characters, including Papa, were animated characters on Fuji Television beforehand. The game was made by Nintendo to promote a special airing on the television station involving the characters. All other characters, Wart, Birdo, etc., were created by Nintendo. Thus, Papa is ruled out due to the no anime characters rule. Everyone else like Birdo and Shyguys and Wart are still safe due to being made by a video game company. Nintendo itself, nonetheless.
Oh. Ok. Then I change my mind, it's not certainly possible XD

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master

EDIT:

well... well isn't that just that. very nice fast fact

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That is Imajin in your picture, sir...

Papa would be the equivalent of TOAD in Doki Doki Panic. :p

Fix it, NOW!

And I'd love to see Imajin in... but he'd need an original moveset... and Peach's got the turnips...

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
the tv show rule does hurt, but i still cant help but think it is more possible than other anime characters because of the reasons i stated. im not sure why...

i still want him in

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
the tv show rule does hurt, but i still cant help but think it is more possible than other anime characters because of the reasons i stated. im not sure why...

i still want him in
If an anime character could get in, there are a lot better choices

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty cool. I've never heard of this stuff before. So does that mean Shy Guys and Birdo weren't really Mario characters after all? Another thing, why is Birdo the only person we see nowadays from SMB2 where did that rat that throws bombs go?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I still think Cooking Mama is a waaaay better WTF character.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
That's pretty cool. I've never heard of this stuff before. So does that mean Shy Guys and Birdo weren't really Mario characters after all? Another thing, why is Birdo the only person we see nowadays from SMB2 where did that rat that throws bombs go?
this is actually true. had Imajin's game not been released in America, and they just decided to do the real SMB2, then Birdo and Shy Guys most likely would never have been in a Maro game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's IMAJIN'S game, not PAPA.

IMAJIN!!

SMB2 = DDP
Imajin = Mario
Mama = Luigi (ironically)
Papa = Toad