• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Sauga! The Finale ends with a Melee. Mississauga Ontario. Jan 5th, 08.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
It was just a year ago when Sauga hosted it's first huge tournament since TransCanada. It seemed like yesterday when we saw the 7-feet tall Peach main face off against the short Irish + Ginger Falco main. It seemed like just yesterday when Imadh mained Mario, James mained Sheik, David mained Kirby and Nate mained Luigi. While the GTA shot up with new talent, the scene had went through a smash uproar. As the Melee season comes to an end, Sauga hosts it's last tournament before Brawl comes out. Sauga presentz - The 2nd annual Clash of the Sauga: The Finale ends with a Melee

This event will be the one event where all those rivalries and grudges are settled. Including, The Pokeman League

7314 Aldergrove CT, Mississauga, ON
Mississauga, Ontario

HOUSING AVAILABLEE~~~

Directions:

BUS DIRECTIONS FROM TORONTO AREA:

- Take a bus to any bus station.
- Take the Subway to the Westbound - Eastbound line.
- Take the Subway West to Islington (Or east from Kipling)
- Go up and go towards the Mississauga Transit area
- Take the 26 bus to Squareone. The 3 and the 20 also go to Squareone so take any of the 3 that come by.
- Get off @ Sq1 and take the 10 Bus to Meadowvale Town Center.
*from here you could take the 38, but we might fix up a pick-up service for guys outside of Sauga coming to Meadowvale Town Center

BUS DIRECTIONS FROM THE SAUGA AREA:

- We're awesome.
- Take any bus from your areas to Meadowvale Town Center or go to Sq1 and take the 10 to MTC
- I'll get back to you from here LOL. I know you take the 38 N

Schedule:

11:00 A.M. - 12:00 A.M. ...... Set-up/free play/money matches
12:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. ...... Singles Pools
3:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. ...... Doubles
4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. ...... Lunch/free play
5:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. ...... Singles
7:00 P.M. - 9:00 A.M. ...... Pokeman League

Entry Fees:

Singles - $10 per person
Teams - $20 per team / $10 per teammate
Crews - $5 per person (may go up to $10)

Prizes:

Singles and Doubles

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Crews

First Place - 80%
Second Place - 20%

Lets get as many people poppin' to this lovely event!

Rules:

Singles

Format:

- There will be pools with an x number of attendants
- Top 4-5 make it out
- Respected players are then placed into the bracket

Elimination:

- Double elimination. (With the exception of Crews, possibly)

Match Rules:

- All matches are best-of-three. Winner's Finals and Loser's Finals are best-of-five.
- Grand Finals will be a best of 5 sets. (Loser needs to win twice, y'know.)
- All matches are 4 stock with an eight minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by stock, if at the same stock it'll be decided by percentage.
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

Stage Selection:

- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can knock out one stage for the duration of the set.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected.
- Dave's stupid modified rule.

Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called at any time during any set. Tournament staff will judge the selection.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.

Teams

Format: All teams will enter standard elimination brackets.

Elimination: Double elimination.

Special Team Rules:
- Team Attack is ON.
- Life stealing is allowed.
- Bracket might be made by seeding which will be talked through with the panelists/staff

All other rules that apply to singles apply to teams as well.

Stage Listing

Singles/Crews

The following stages are available for random select for singles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for singles:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Mute City

The following stages are banned from singles:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Great Bay
- Green Greens
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Fourside
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

Teams

The following stages are available for random select for teams:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for teams:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Great Bay
- Fourside (I found this stage to be allowed in doubles. I might change this, but right now I like the idea. Might change it to random)

The following stages are banned from teams:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Fountain of Dreams
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Mute City
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths
- Green Greens

Pokeman League
(Crews)

Format:

- Each crew will have 6 players in them/24 stock.
- Each crew must select a player to be their "Pokeman Trainer" AKA Captain
- Crews will be done in a double elimination bracket round (If we have less than 5 crews). If we have more than 5 crews are assembled, it'll be done by single elimination bracket rounds.
- Crews will be split into brackets according rankings
- Before the start of the crew battle the Pokeman trainer must write down their crews Pokeman (They write it down for lulz. We need their characters)
- Each crew selects a player to start off, it'll be done like a double blind pick.
- Every player must use a pokeman tag (Name of a pokemon in the tag LOL). Just for fun. It's not MANDATORY ]: but it makes it epic.

If we get Church of Smash to come out to this, I'll change it to the Pokeman League: Elite Four.

Other Rules:
Wobbling is allowed.
Modded controllers are not allowed lol. Third-party controllers are allowed, but you cannot use their programmable functions. Disqualification will follow if discovered. And there will be NO mercy on this one. I mean disqualification from the event.

Nothing outside of wobbling that stalls a match is allowed, nothing. Freeze-glitch, wallbombing, pounds around the arena are not allowed. Doing so can lead to match forfeiture.

Coaching is allowed between matches, nothing too loud. Don't have it distracting the other player. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, just try not get too loud.

Trash talking Is allowed as long as its friendly. Respect the players. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be a good sport about losing. No johns please, and if you are going to john make it discreet. We don't sourpusses to ruin our day. You know who you are. Let's just try to have fun @ this **** :]]

Please bring your own controller. Please lol.

Also, a couple of house rules for this.

1. Pick up after yourselves
2. Deodorant. Use please and thank you. :]
3. No running around/******* around. Seriously

Staff

1. Lone Wolf
2. Sanuzi
3. Runawayfire
4. Grmo
5. Switchblade

Confirmed list:

0. BigRick
1. Lone Wolf
2. Sanuzi
3. I.B
4. Coolhat
5. Trollian
6. Europhoria
7. KirbyKaze
8. Runawayfire
9. ThatGuy
10. WarrenThad
11. Drolian
12. D.B
13. Bam
14. Lanowen
15. Niko_K
16. Miller
17. smash mash
18. Kada
19. Unkown522
20. Ganky
21. aAndy
22. Desh <333
23. RaynEX
24. Switchblade
25. worldjem7
26. Gregorius
27. Ikural
28. x~Sylar~x
29. raidos
30. Fogel
31. Zen
32. Ben
33. Deox
34. Stos
35. Anth0ny
36. HAK_Devil
37. mffns
38. Percon
39. pyrknight
40. say4ct
41. XeroHarsh
42. Roniel

TVs:

1. Lone Wolf
2. Sanuzi
3. Sanuzi
4. I.B
5. Desh
6. Grmo
7. Grmo
8. Grmo
9. Grmo
10. Switchblade
11. Switchblade

Cubes:

1. Lone Wolf
2. Sanuzi
3. Niko
4. Switchblade
5. Switchblade
6. D.B
7. I.B
8. Desh
9. Desh

Power bars:
1. Lone Wolf
2. Sanuzi
3. Sanuzi
4. Sanuzi

VCR:
1. Sanuzi
2. Desh
3. Switchblade
4. Afro Chris *shakes fist at you to bring it*

Camcorder:
1. Switchblade
2. Worldjem
3. Micheal Chen

Housing:

1. Thatguy
2. WarrenThad
3. Kage
4. Zen
5. Ben
6. Deox
7. x~Sylar~x
8. ^^^'s girlfriend
9. koka

It would be nice to make a montage for this. Who's up for the job?? :]

Whatever fits in that basement is good, so yeah :]] we might just pull off another all-nighter if you guys are good with that =D

I like colors. Also, keep checking this **** up, I will update with more things.

WE NEED MOAR SETUPS PEEPZ COMEONCOMEONCOMEON!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Finally finished huhh? Aweeesooome. Now read my **** song. And put me on the staff list, it's my house. Isn't it obvious? XD

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Guys I wanted to discuss Zoso's Counterpicking rule

Zoso's Counterpick Rule: Winner of previous match must remain the same character for the following match. Loser can either change their character or pick a stage, not both.

What do you think of the rule? It seems to be used around a lot.

I.B

Smash Lord

Zoso's Counterpick Rule: Winner of previous match must remain the same character for the following match. Loser can either change their character or pick a stage, not both.

I think no.

Europhoria

Smash Lord

lol.....no

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I like: "Respected players are then placed into the bracket"

And that wobble rule is pretty gay, it is like a Marth chain throwing a Falco, and saying, you can't tipper them after a thow, they go to the opposite side and resume play. Or the same thing for Sheik, or whatever.

It is part of the game, either ban it or not. This is exactly like those Japanese crazy rules where they limit themselves from actually getting better in all aspects of the game.

Sanu

Smash Champion
And that wobble rule is pretty gay, it is like a Marth chain throwing a Falco, and saying, you can't tipper them after a thow, they go to the opposite side and resume play.
I was actually thinking of the exact same situation when I read that rule... [/agrees]

I.B

Smash Lord
It is part of the game, either ban it or not. This is exactly like those Japanese crazy rules where they limit themselves from actually getting better in all aspects of the game.
Andy = too good

I fully agree with him. Let's just decide on ban or not.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I vote for no ban, seeing as wobbling really isn't that game breaking. God if we want something game breaking or ACTUALLY broken to ban we should be looking at like the shine, tippers, rest, Sheik, and other stuff.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
With a little bit of luck, we might be able to get enough K-W-C people to form a crew. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been dieing to play a lot of you people since TransCanada. ^_^

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm actually down for coming to this. Could someone house me if I do come though? I'd like to see how well I do without having to face all those silly top 8 mtlers who beat me all the time.

either way, put me down as unconfirmed as I'm definetly down for seeing you guys again (and the many who didnt come down to O-town).

WarranThad

Smash Ace
what if he has a time machine

what then!

ohhhhh

edit:

I vote for no ban, seeing as wobbling really isn't that game breaking. God if we want something game breaking or ACTUALLY broken to ban we should be looking at like the shine, tippers, rest, Sheik, and other stuff.

wobbling is pretty game breaking, it's just that fox is infinitely more game breaking.
Smash is pretty much broke.
either way i say no ban as wobbling isn't a big deal and we dont have IC players in canada with the leet skills to be winning tourneys it seems.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Also make sure not to use the Zoso counterpick rule, cause that **** is hilariously bad, I dont even want to get into how badly that can be exploited.

Anyways, this **** sounds awesome. Hopefully its not caketown far or people can helps with tha driving.
Would be really cool to get some of the mtlers who aren't the usual suspects. Although it'd be awesome to have them too of course.

Also, Adnan throw me on staff, seeing as how I'm uber leet and **** lol.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i'm not trying to be too nitpicky or anything, but i have a few rules questions.

whats with the best of 11 business? seems long and a bit much. standard stuff for toronto? There are only 7 legal counter pick stages so if it actually goes to 11 you'd have to pick 5 of them, no? I don't see most characters having 5 levels to pick even, wouldnt best of 7 or even 9 be better?

What's with Foreside being legal in doubles?

What's with the jungle japes legal but the green greens ban? They're both very similar in how much gay is in them.

What's with the no banning random levels? Random levels are ghey.

Just wondering if this is stardard t. stuff or what.

<_<

Niko_K

Smash Master
I will definitely be showing up to this! Confirm me ;)

EDIT: I am now a Smash Journeyman /meaningless

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Actually Thad, a lot of that stuff had me going " wtfzors?" too, and will probably be iron'ed out before the actual tournament date.
Except the green greens ban.
**** green greens and its exploding blocks and flying apples.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Actually Thad, a lot of that stuff had me going " wtfzors?" too.
Except the green greens ban.
**** green greens and its exploding blocks and flying apples.
i heard about your match vs jarc

<_<

>_>.

yeah i still feel bad about last time on corneria.>_>.

Ganky

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely coming seeing that this tournament is in my neighbourhood.
I think I can rally up even more people.

Well you can confirm me, i'll bring a gcn and a memcard.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
i heard about your match vs jarc

<_<

>_>.

yeah i still feel bad about last time on corneria.>_>.
Hah, no problem. Its all good.

Although it did really suck that I lost 3 key matches that day (You, Jarc, Testrider) due to random uncontrollable things shooting/hitting/exploding me.
I mean, it definetly was a downer.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Ok two things. Doubles in 1 hour only? What the hell?

2nd, Why is green greens banned from singles play?

Schedule looks very tight to me...

EDIT

Hm what do you mean by "Random select stages cannot be knocked out. " No banning neutral stages? I hope I read wrong.

2nd EDIT

The counterpick stages for doubles are wack, what the hell. Fourside? Great bay? Why not include Hyrule Temple then?

Top Bottom