• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best of Smash 2006, A Best of-compilation with the best comboes of year 2006

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
As the topic title might say, this is a best of-compilation of all the best comboes from year 2006. At least those I got. I'm very sorry if I missed some really great comboes of this year, but I hope you'll like the video anyways! :)

There are 37 different players in this video. And these are Americans as well as Europeans. I've put a lot of work on this video, so be easy on me :p

The video(s):
Best of Smash 2006(Part 1)
Best of Smash 2006(Part 2)

Downloadable version(152MB).

So, enjoy!
I really hope to get a lot of feedback! Both bad and good :)

Samochan

Smash Master
O_O Holy mother of smash videos! This was one of the better vids I've seen in a while. The music was fitting, the video lenght was absolute perfection and the comboes and characters were diverse. My only problems with this was the lack of peach comboes on that video and the abrupt transition from part 1 to part 2, but other than that, very good synch with music, not exaggerated special effects but just nice and music was badass. Well done. ^_^

First post, bwahahaha.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
>_> why did you do one for 2006 when its the end of 2007?

<_< >_> <_<
Obviously i can't speak for him, but my answer would be so that we have some sort of video record of what was likely smash's greatest year. We had MLG's and major grassroots tournaments all year round, producing lots of surprises/upsets. I think it's a great way to look back on the past without watching hundreds of videos.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Eggz: To be honest, I started working with this project early this year. Because of school and(at the end) lack of motivation, this video got delayed by many months. Also, 2006 was the last MLG-year, and what is better than MLG-comboes, eh? :p
Anyways, I've watched smash-vids of this year in a hundred hours to make this video get the best comboes I could find. And I tell ya, there are really a lot of them.
You only see 13 minutes with pwnage, but trust me, this was a really big project...

Eggz

Smash Hero
I didn't watch it yet, so I didn't want to mix a negative comment with a positive comment. I'm gonna watch soon. Good reasons though, I didn't really think of that. =]

orintemple

Smash Lord
That was the best video ever. You're editing skills are godly and your musical taste is impeccable if I do say so myself :) great choice of combos.

Vegard

Smash Lord
I miss some Mew2king Fox comboes that I remember very well from different tournaments during the '06 season... in addition to some other comboes, but well well.

Regardless, the editing is supreme and the music is synched and fit nicely =)

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Any chance we can get a good-quality FileFront upload?

This thing is so amazing that it deserves to be watched in full quality.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
VERY well done. I could say I've seen better combo's, but I really loved the video because of how the music is timed to the combo's.

Very good job.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
starting it out with a samus combo - no better way to start a combo vid :D

i'll watch the rest in a bit, but i'm betting it's going to be excellent!

Tink

Smash Hero
a 2007 combo vid would be just as good as the 2006 one was. i think someone should get on it! =)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
a 2007 combo vid would be just as good as the 2006 one was. i think someone should get on it! =)
To be honest, I think it could be better. I've seen a lot of amazing comboes from 2007.
Edit: I'd love to get the job, but I'm not sure if I'll get the time since I'm studying.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ok, dudes! I've uploaded a downloadable version for those who want to download the full video with better quality. Though some of the clips originally has crapy quality, but oh well =P

You can download it here(152MB).

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I was disappointed by the lack of GaW combos. Also, I wish I had seen more IC combos as opposed to chaingrabs.

but....

The video was fricking sweet.

Top Bottom