• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

DekuBoy

Smash Lord

Made by StarshipGroove
NOTE!!!
This is not a discussion about Ness' chances of being back in Brawl. It's a place where Ness diehards make their last stand.
This will not be as fancy as the Marth Support Thread. So here's the idea:
Everyone who wants Ness to return shall leave their names here. I will update this as much as I can. I shall also do this on over forums such as NSider and IGN. Then at a selected date I will send the complete list to Nintendo and see if they reply.
Please only post here if you're supporting the idea and say if you want to be involved.
No trolls.
Also if someone could make a sig for this thread, (think like the Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. one).
Please Ness supporters participate. His fate could be in our hands.

SIG:

Thanks to Zenigame

«SUPPORTERS»
DekuBoy
True Fool
MarthTrinity
Insurance Salesman
Wu Tang Gang
PSIguy89
Mike966
DeuceBlade
XACE-K
Superninjabreadman
ThoraxeRMG
Supermaniac16
KumaOso
smasherboy13
JonBeBonanza
AsbestosBlatant
Muffin man
Nosebleed101
SolidCrispy
jman smash
joeysmash
DededeDaimyo
Brawlmatt202
badme
BOZO500
motherfan
super-7
brawlmaniac
AdmantNESS
Fandangox
Piks
Tatsuman
Mrmario&watch
PK Starstorm
gangstajuice02
Bacon Man11
Mido02
NessOnett
Zuby
macc
Ludwig Von Beethoven

Please PM me in future. Looking through 40 pages is NOT fun.

History:

Ness (ネス, Nesu?) is the protagonist of EarthBound. An unassuming young boy gifted with special powers, he comes from Onett, a small town in Eagleland. His arsenal in EarthBound is composed of baseball bats, and miscellaneous toys such as yo-yos and slingshots. His "armor" consists of various kinds of hats and badges. He is chosen by the Apple of Enlightenment, and enlisted by an alien named Buzz-Buzz to stop Giygas, who in the future, sentences all of reality to the horror of eternal darkness.

Reasons for Ness' return:

1. The four unlockables from Smash 64 have not been announced yet. They are probably unlockable again.

2. Onett:

No one can deny this raises Ness' chances. Having a Mother 2 stage is a good sign. But Ness' home town?

There is another reason but I need to contact someone to get full information.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Although I would rather see Claus than Ness, I would still really like Ness to return. Two protagonists and one villain sounds okay to me, I think there could be enough room for three Mother reps. Go ahead and add me.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Although I would rather see Claus than Ness, I would still really like Ness to return. Two protagonists and one villain sounds okay to me, I think there could be enough room for three Mother reps. Go ahead and add me.
There could be 3 for many series. I wish I knew the total roster number. I enjoyed Ness back then, but they just messed over him in Melee :(

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
At Sora.ltd playing a test copy of Brawl.
Ness isn't out yet unlike popular belief states. It didn't state "Up Until Now" in the Japanese update, so that means that unless the English translator knows more than Sakurai himself, he made a mistake. So add me. Ness' moveset could also easily be made different from Lucas' as well. He could keep Psi Magnet because his is different from Lucas', then they could replace his up special with that teleporty/dashy move he has (it's also his Smash 64 entrance), they could then change his neutral special to PK Rockin', and if Ness can mooch off Paula he can mooch off Jeff and Poo too, so his final smash could be PK StarStorm and his side special could be one of Jeff's popguns.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Haha, don't get your hopes up, Ness doesn't have one spec a chance at all unless Sakurai was lying to us.

And as a strong Ness hater I say good riddance.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
If theres one character i want more than anyother (veteran) its Ness. hes been my one constant main and i hope to be able to keep using him!!!!
sign me up!

Mike966

Smash Cadet
I wonder how many of this Ness "supporters" have actually played Mother 2 or 3 to begin with.
to be honest I haven't, but a character that has been in the 2 previous games, one of the most original characters deserves to be in, I know that lucas has his moveset now, I actually like lucas But I don't seewhy can't we have both and also claus which also looks like a fine character, I really don't get why people think than one character stelas the spot for others There is no number of characters yet, and if the game release was moved I think the game will be big enough for a lot of characters.

Anyway I do know ness chances are very low.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I never played the Mother series where Lucas hails from. I'm not japanese.

I played Earthbound, and it was awesome. Why did Ness get replaced with some guy who isn't even in the same series anyways?
Earthbound = Mother

to be honest I haven't, but a character that has been in the 2 previous games, one of the most original characters deserves to be in, I know that lucas has his moveset now, I actually like lucas But I don't seewhy can't we have both and also claus which also looks like a fine character, I really don't get why people think than one character stelas the spot for others There is no number of characters yet, and if the game release was moved I think the game will be big enough for a lot of characters.

Anyway I do know ness chances are very low.
Ness moveset didn't belong to him either, the only moves that belong to any of them are PK Flash and PSI Magnet, I believe Lucas and Ness would be definitely too similar to actually be in the same game, I also believe that if Ness was intended to be in the game, they wouldn't bring up his replacement first, least of all give him all of his moves.

Mike966

Smash Cadet
I know, I know.
But you have to admit that seeing ness back with his bat in all his glory would be great, specially if you were a nees user, and if he had a new moveset that DID belong to him. That would be awesome.

There's a little chance but still possible. BTW as soon as hollydays begin I'll play earthbound to learn more about ness.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I know, I know.
But you have to admit that seeing ness back with his bat in all his glory would be great, specially if you were a nees user, and if he had a new moveset that DID belong to him. That would be awesome.

There's a little chance but still possible. BTW as soon as hollydays begin I'll play earthbound to learn more about ness.
Ness doesn't have that much backstory actually, I guess it's one of those things, you want Ness to return but once you play and finish Mother 3, you stop caring about it and come to terms with Lucas being in Brawl.

Mike966

Smash Cadet
Ness doesn't have that much backstory actually, I guess it's one of those things, you want Ness to return but once you play and finish Mother 3, you stop caring about it and come to terms with Lucas being in Brawl.
Maybe you're right and he doesn't even has enough moves to make his own moveset, then he doesnt' deserve the spot, still i think tey COULD make an effort to make a brand new ness for brawl if they don't I'll miss ness' bat.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think it would be unfair if Ness was cut since he has fans who main him, or just like him period.. I say keep Ness, and Lucas, and Add Claus (they do have the extra time for it).

Mike966

Smash Cadet
Ok i guess you're right, I just hope they don't use the same logic on WW Link.

btw I still have a little hope on ness.

Mike966

Smash Cadet
So do you also believe Marth, should be out also?

I hope ness makes it back, I was all for Lucas until the rope snake was revealed compared to Ness' bat.

Listen, I hope for ness to return But Rope snake doesn't mean anything. To be honest Unless it is updated on the dojo anything means anything, It's something I hate about this forums, that some people think they know it all and guess what, we don't we should stop arguing about thing we are not even sure, it's really stupid when you think about it.

I still remember everybody was saying ICs were out, god the day they were revealed I was so happy.

Just hopefor ness to return, don't try to argue with facts cause you'll probably loose.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
What does the ropesnake have to do with the bat? and about your Marth question, I couldn't care less about Fire Emblem.
I was saying that I'd rather use Ness with a bat, then Lucas with a rope snake... and my marth question was just comparing your outlook on the Mother series in brawl, to the Fire emblem series in brawl.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I was saying that I'd rather use Ness with a bat, then Lucas with a rope snake... and my marth question was just comparing your outlook on the Mother series in brawl, to the Fire emblem series in brawl.
Ropesnake is Lucas's grab and the bat was Ness's side smash, there's still a chance Lucas has one of the poles or a bat as his side smash, since that move wasn't revealed, and Marth, I don't care if he is or out, it would make sense if he was out, I prefer when franchises focus on their latest games.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Ropesnake is Lucas's grab and the bat was Ness's side smash, there's still a chance Lucas has one of the poles or a bat as his side smash, since that move wasn't revealed, and Marth, I don't care if he is or out, it would make sense if he was out, I prefer when franchises focus on their latest games.
Sadly in the states Earthbound is the latest game, meaning Ness is the latest internationally.
but Lucas does still count as the latest in Japan and apparently thats all that matters :ohwell:

Mike966

Smash Cadet
Sadly in the states Earthbound is the latest game, meaning Ness is the latest internationally.
but Lucas does still count as the latest in Japan and apparently thats all that matters :ohwell:
Well nintendo= japan.
I also think they don't care about us.:(

Mike966

Smash Cadet
sad but true, i'd like to believe that nintendo is a happy company that only makes games because they love gamers, but then I wake up and realize that if they could they would throw a bomb at Xbox and PS companies.

Anyway i can't wait to spend my money on brawl either!

Top Bottom