• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Please use this thread for all Wii/Wii U discussion

Console Packs

[collapse=Basic Set, $299.99]

• * White Wii U system, 8GB internal storage
    * White Wii U GamePad
    * White Wii U stylus
    * Sensor Bar
    * AC Adapters for system and GamePad
    * HDMI cable
[/collapse]

[collapse=Deluxe Set, $349.99]
* Black Wii U system, 32GB internal storage
* Black Wii U GamePad
* Black Wii U stylus
* Sensor Bar
* AC Adapters for system and GamePad
* HDMI Cable
* Nintendo Land video game
* Deluxe Digital Promotion
* Wii U GamePad stand
* Wii U Console stand
* Wii U GamePad cradle
[/collapse]Source

Controllers​

Confirmed games

Pikmin 3
Smash Bros 4
Arkham City
Rabbids
Ninja Gaiden: Razors Edge
Ghost Recon
Assassins Creed
Ubisoft FPS
Ubisoft family sports
Darksiders
Lego City Stories

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg (E3 reveal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw&feature=relmfu (Graphics demo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk&feature=relmfu (Zelda HD demo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmU6KwWJgk&feature=relmfu (Mario bros Mii demo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8_noxQ4k6o&feature=related (Battle Mii demo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUvdP2TNBHE&feature=related (Chase Mii demo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgk3xSwBtUY&feature=related (Shield Pose demo)
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53470/Interview-of-Reggie-Fils-Aime-At-E3-2011/ (Reggie interview)
http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/video/HW_DI_Harada (Namco chief game director)

Other related links

http://techland.time.com/2011/06/09...ndo-president-satoru-iwata-talks-about-wii-u/

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/de-blob-2/news/6318361/e3-2011-thqs-bilson-talks-wii-u-transmedia

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...s_Guillemot_Talks_Early_Adoption_Of_Wii_U.php

Please use this thread for all speculation/discussion for the Wii U.​

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I actually approved of one in the "E3 Rulez!" topic. :p

Regarding the size, that's tiny. I'd be worried I'd accidentally step on it or misplace it.

There's also a fake video of a virtual reality-like helmet floating around the internet saying that it's the Revolution. It's a great fake, but releasing it on the same day as Nintendo confirms it's the size of 3 DVD cases doesn't work out too well. XD

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I am very excited about the Revolution, especially about the likelihood of an online Smash Bros. I don't live near any tournaments or big groups of players, so it would be great to be able to play people from around the world. I also hope the the Revolution will be able to play Hollywood DVDs, as that would be a nifty feature and boost sales. Its small size will make it great for transporting it to other places, and if it uses the same analog AV output as the Gamecube, then I can connect it to my Gamecube monitor. If not, then I can still get the appropriate cables, as the monitor has AV input. Only three more days until Nintendo's press conference.

Regarding the fake video, it had astounding quality for being a fake.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's been announced that it will use DVD's as the disk of choice, unknown if it will play normal DVD's. Also the width will be One Inch. No joke.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
That's the thickness of the console, right mic? 3 DVD cases on top of eachother = 1 inch high?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No its not. DVD cases are more than that!

*Measures*

......I use the metric system......

saud

Smash Lord
the Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer
No its not. DVD cases are more than that!
Mic, note Nintendo said about the thickness of 3 DVD cases, and according to my ruler, that's some 1.5 inches. And since they said about, you should expect it to be a bit less, I don't think it will be just 1 inch though, I think maybe 1.35 or 1.4 maybe.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Just to clear up the width issue, three dvd cases add up to a total of 4.5cm or 1.75 inches, i believe. Incredible :D .
Great to hear they will have backward compatibility with gamecube discs as well as play dvds, good stuff.
Didn't expect it'd have wireless controllers though, hope the batteries are rechargeable. they should be IMHO. This is all so exciting :D .

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Originally posted by Cashed
I actually approved of one in the "E3 Rulez!" topic. :p

Regarding the size, that's tiny. I'd be worried I'd accidentally step on it or misplace it.

There's also a fake video of a virtual reality-like helmet floating around the internet saying that it's the Revolution. It's a great fake, but releasing it on the same day as Nintendo confirms it's the size of 3 DVD cases doesn't work out too well. XD
You mean this one?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Actually, DVD cases are about a cubit long by my measurements.

Of course, the length of a cubit varies, so you guys may get different results.

The Revolution's still-secret controller will be completely wireless.
They're also supposed to be grip sensitive, right?

I'm worried about the controllers. They could be great, but they also have the potential to alienate people. Plus, I'm a bit worried about how multiple platform games will handle the distinct controls.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
That has always been Nintendos problem

Look at N64..ugly a$$ controller...it was perfect for first person shooters...but when it came to fighting games or 3rd party games..it fell horribly short because some of these games could not be supported by the N64 controller..

Now Gamecube has somewhat of the same problem, but it's not as bad...although a small d-pad makes certain games much harder than they have to be..

BA out..

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
The one problem i've always had with the N64 controller was the control stick. I don't know how to explain it, but it was very uncomfortable and it hurt my finger.

I also agree with mediocre about the grip sensitive feature, It'd be hard to adjust to. Some peple may have a weak grip on a controller while others would have a hard grip, this will affect how they play games if this feature exists. If I am playing a video game and got angry, I'd clench the controller and the grip-sensitivity will input this action, yet there isn't any need to get all tensed up about a video game anyway.

I doubt Nintendo would go with the virtual reality kind of technology. It would be expensive (well more expensive anyway) and i doubt some people will buy it just because they'll dislike the whole helmet deal. Anyway, I'm 95% sure they wont do something like this and go for a normal console design.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
*trembles at the anticipation of tomorrow*

Nintendo better not disappoint... with Sony and Microsoft pulling out 3.2 ghz processors among other things, Ninty better bring in something compareable along with their new innovation. But I still have confidence that they'll come out on top... if their conference was anything like last year's. Thank goodness I get out of school early tomorrow... get to come right home and catch the feed.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer

Dun dun dunnn.

The pic is horrible quality and I have no idea what is up with that grey thingy on the side of the system, but the system is fricken tiny.

And new info...

New details regarding Nintendo's next-generation console, codenamed Revolution, have started to sprinkle onto the Internet. The machine, which will be revealed during Nintendo's pre-E3 2005 show on Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, will sport a slick, black design and a front blue light.

Revolution will be "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube," according to Nintendo, which also acknowledges that the next-generation race isn't solely about new technologies. By contrast, Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is 13-15 times more powerful than the first, according to the publisher. And Sony says it's PlayStation 3 is roughly 35 times more powerful than PlayStation 2.
Nintendo also revealed that using Revolution's new Wi-Fi connection, gamers would be able to go online to a free gamer-matching service. Interestingly, in a move similar to Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade service, Revolution users will be able to download classic and new Nintendo games over the Internet. Nintendo cited such examples as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Sunshine, which suggests that Revolutionaries could have access to games for all the publisher's previous consoles.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
The PS3 30 times stronger than the PS2 and the Xbox360 15 times stronger than the Xbox. Just Wow. How do they figure that anyway?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I bet money that Sony and Microsoft are most likely lying, and Nintendo is once again underestimating themselves. I predict Ninty's once again the middle ground in terms of Graphics/Power.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
what I want to know is where the hell this new info and the picture came from...it may be another fake...

Kozzymoto

Smash Apprentice
*This is Omni*

**** that's small. But only 3 more hours until we find out the Revolutionary part of it...

Edit: Bah, forgot this comp was still signed in as him...

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Revolution's still-secret controller will be completely wireless.
This has me somewhat worried. Appart from having to worry about batteries or messing with chargers and the probable exclusion of rumble this might also cause some serious problems with many Revolution consoles close to each other. Say, at a Smash Bros tournament. Unless they come up with something more effective then the 16 channel business the Wavebird uses or release some wired controls this might seriously hurt tournaments. Now you could say that this doesn't matter if there's online play but I by far prefer actual tournaments over the relative "facelessness" of online play. Let's just hope they come up with a practical solution.

saud

Smash Lord
Quoted from Fierce Deity Vegeta:
what I want to know is where the hell this new info and the picture came from...it may be another fake...
I doubt it's a fake, ign got the exact same picture. But still, I don't see a Nintendo logo anywhere or anything that says/states Revolution.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Originally posted by MrSilver
This has me somewhat worried. Appart from having to worry about batteries or messing with chargers and the probable exclusion of rumble this might also cause some serious problems with many Revolution consoles close to each other. Say, at a Smash Bros tournament. Unless they come up with something more effective then the 16 channel business the Wavebird uses or release some wired controls this might seriously hurt tournaments. Now you could say that this doesn't matter if there's online play but I by far prefer actual tournaments over the relative "facelessness" of online play. Let's just hope they come up with a practical solution.

Silver makes some good points... wireless technology, however, has come a long way in a short period of time. Considering all three systems have gone with wireless controllers, I'm fairly confident that those sorts of problems were address early on. What I expect to see is that controllers will have individual serials/IP-address like numbers in them that will allow the controller and system to sync up before you start playing. So that way only the console your controller is sync'ed up with will receive the inputs... of course this is all speculation, but it's been done with other wireless devices so I don't see why it couldn't be done with the new consoles and controllers.

Two things real quick... I'll *hopefully* be getting my hands on one of these early through MLG so I can plan for the 2006 season so I expect to get an MLG Online League and hopefully an SWF ranking system designed and implemented before the US release. Smash is rumored to be a launch title, so as long as Nintendo doesn't hold it back, we should all see a lot of goodness for online and local tournies.

Second, we should expect THOUSANDS of new users at SWF after this thing launches, especially when suddenly all the best players only hang out at one place... here. This is obviously the home of competitive smashing in english speaking countries and once we're all online crushing people and talking about SWF to them after the match the floodgates are gonna be ridiculous. I think our tournament community will grow 5 to 6 times its current size at least. Get ready for 2006! The year of smash!

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mjas allo, I'm back for our usual E3 topics. The E3 which will happen tommorow surely will have a lot of suprises, but maybe this evening, that the pre-E3 conference will be the day with most suprises.

The 3 new consoles all seem to have a silver color. Revolution's first pic has not been taken good IMO. They will definately show a better picture of it today or tommorow I think. Or maybe it's just a fake picture like some others said as well.

We will have a great time with full of suprises very soon!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Logo.

Analyst Richard Doherty of The Envisioneering Group says one of Revolution's chief advantages is that designers will find it far easier to create games for Revolution than for competing systems. "They do not need to make major changes from the games they were designing," he says. "They have better performance without having to do a lot of extra work."

Says Kaplan: "We've built Revolution around the concept of 'all-access gaming,' " a term Nintendo uses to mean the system is easily adapted to by both gamers and designers. "We're about sticking to the soul of gaming."

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I'm watching the conferance.

Smash Bros = launch title, online.

Still watching.

Nintendo = ********, refuses to share specs/controller. WTH.

Next gen Mario/Zelda/Metroid in progress.

COMPLETE backwards compatable. Can download EVERY Nintendo game ever, for NES, SNES, and n64.

No gameplay footage or graphics shown whatsoever for Revolution, though apparently it's good (according to their reps)

Horribly dissapointing conference. Nintendo will be eclipsed this year. VERY, VERY few revolution details. PS3 = WOW. X360 = WOW. Revolution = ???

SHIT WOW ZELDA
New Zelda trailer compeltely badass. Link's a werewolf. Really dark. Cooool.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
I too wonder about wireless for all the systems. The wavebird uses 16 chanels, so will there be more or less? Or is all the consoles going to rely on the internet to solve that (which doesn't help college students, who usually live quite near other people)?

As for the Sony's and Microsofts power esimations, both usually exagerate stuff like this more so then Bush with his statistical citations. Nintendo usually is more modest in their statistical citations, unlike any politician.

At this point, I'm still waiting for the real Revolution to be revealed. I'm just hoping I don't have to wait too much longer, considering how much both Sony and Microsoft has revealed their systems.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Craftstar, any vids or pics of the new SSB?

if not now, hopefully this week! That would roxxorz...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I don't even know if they're showing Revolution at e3. How dissapointing. Read my post, I was editing as it went along. Nintendo's conferance was a level below the amazing ones put on by Sony and Microsoft.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just to extrapolate what Craftstar has said with a few more details.

Iwata takes tage. Introduces Revolution. Holds up the tiny, Mac Mini-sized unit. Crowd cheers. Says it's the smallest console Nintendo has ever manufactured. Says the final machine will be even smaller than the concept unit he's holding. Can stand horizontally or vertically. Revolution will play 12cm (DVD) discs (and GameCube software, too). Added attachment can be used to play movies and other DVD content. Machine has 512 MB of onboard flash memory for data storage.

9:20 am: "When you turn on Revolution and see the graphics, you will say 'wow!'" "Our competitors have detailed the power of their core processor and display. But the advantages of our technology will also have no bearing on gameplay. I know, this is one of those mysterious comments," he says. Says wifi will be built into every Nintendo product so controller, TV, console, and internet can interact. Nintendo intends to develop a device that's functional and appealing to every member in the household -- whether gamers or not. All controllers will be wireless. Also, the controllers will be very unique "in ways we will share with you... later." Already working on several wifi games for launch. Smash Bros. will be launch game -- wifi.

9:24 am: For Revolution, "Miyamoto is challenging his teams to create something new." His new creation will debut with Revolution. Big franchises will of course be there -- including new versions of Mario and Zelda. Short Metroid Prime 3 clip showing Samus standing in front of her redesigned spaceship. "We expect strong third-party support in both hemisphere." For example, Square Enix is already working on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle for Revolution.

9:27 am: Iwata: Convinced game development on Revolution will be easier and far less costly than for other machines. "Big idea can prevail over big budget." Revolution is a solution to help maximize creative freedom. Iwata then talks about backward compatibility. "Redefining term of backward compatability." It's a virtual console, able to download 20 years of Nintendo content. You will be able to Download NES, Super NES and N64 games. You can get every Nintendo game ever made. "Revolution shares a vision with DS. The machine is just a tool for software."

9:30 am: Next year, Revolution will fully serve core gamers. "We will attract casual gamers using consumer friendly content control and internet. And we will even draw non-gamers to our Revolution showing them how much fun there is and what we all do already. We call this 'all-access gaming.'" Iwata concludes by saying gamers touch his heart when they pick up the controller and enjoy the games.

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
WTF nintendo???

I want it to go as good as it can for nintendo, but the way they are presenting the Revolution (I'm just seeing comments on the conference) it will not be as powerful as the rest. Why this stupidity? Sure the games will still be great, but the more power to play with, the better games I believe will come. I just don't want the less powerful machine to be a hindarnce to developers...

Smash WILL be great though! :D

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wtf. The Gameboy Micro better have Wi-Fi and built-in slots for SD cards. And be less than $150.

****it Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony already fricken showed their console designs, and they already have tons of games in development for them. IF YOU SHOW THE CONTROLLER THEY AREN'T GOING TO COPY IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Downloading every single Nintendo game is worth my time to get the Revolution anyway, though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Re: WTF nintendo???

Originally posted by Osxcar
I just don't want the less powerful machine to be a hindarnce to developers...
B]

PLAYSTATION 2.

End of Discussion.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I like how the only revolutionary aspect revealed is being able to play games I already have on it

Well I just watched the Killzone 2 trailer for PS3 again and now I feel all better. Gooooo PS3 =D

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Re: Re: WTF nintendo???

Originally posted by mic_128
PLAYSTATION 2.

End of Discussion.
Sadly enough, that is the case. Maybe it is time to skip my buying of only nintendo products... No smash for me then!

Nah, the drag of getting every single game is too strong. :p

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I bet anybody ten gil that Nintendo unveils the controller sometime during E3, even though they said they weren't going to.

Top Bottom