• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Official Professor Kawashima for Brawl Thread~

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Anyone who considers this guy a PC needs to have their head checked. His chances of being playable are .000001%.

Seriously.

AT status and thats being generous.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Anyone who considers this guy a PC needs to have their head checked. His chances of being playable are .000001%.

Seriously.

AT status and thats being generous.
Which is why he was on the poll, and had a successful series of games on the DS(Note the Icon Theory with the DS Icon).

The best guy for an Andross Alt.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He was on the poll just as many times as Claus, his games sold like heaps heaps better than Mother 3 and a symbol for him is allready in Brawl. He would represent the DS, Ninetendo's current handheld, he could easily have a moveset Sakurai is creative.

I don't think he will be in but everything that Claus has going for him (pretty much) Kawashima does too and more such as having two worldwide games and better game sales.

vesperview

Smash Hero
He was on the poll just as many times as Claus, his games sold like heaps heaps better than Mother 3 and a symbol for him is allready in Brawl. He would represent the DS, Ninetendo's current handheld, he could easily have a moveset Sakurai is creative.

I don't think he will be in but everything that Claus has going for him (pretty much) Kawashima does too and more such as having two worldwide games and better game sales.
He's a big head with nothing going for him to be playable, ok? Link's uncle was on the poll, that doesn't mean he has a chance, he'll probably be an AT.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
What was that bit about having to originate from a video game?

OH SNAP! He originates from real life. Guess that rules him out as a playable... :chuckle:

EDIT: Whoops. Guess I missed the AT bit. Why make a thread for a desired AT anyway? :confused:

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
He's a big head with nothing going for him to be playable, ok? Link's uncle was on the poll, that doesn't mean he has a chance, he'll probably be an AT.
Moveset arguements are lol.

He could be the guy with the DS Icon. He has had a well-selling series, and people actually voted for him on the poll. You had a good point there, for a second.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Ok, if Big limbless heads can be playable, I assume Andross is a given isn't he? Gimme a break.
Andross is deconfirmed. He's dead, he's AT, there'd be too many Starfox reps, and Kawashima is perfect for having an Andross Alt. (By The Way, Andross has hands)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
New andross has hands you mean, If they were planning to make a big head playable, Andross wouldn't be an AT, period.
I'm not supporting this character, period. I'm just establishing his pros. He has..no cons. However, aside from being a WTF! character, he's probably an AT. Andross wasn't in because he's dead, he'd overflood Starfox with representatives, and because he has barely any fanbase after Starfox64.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm not supporting this character, period. I'm just establishing his pros. He has..no cons. However, aside from being a WTF! character, he's probably an AT. Andross wasn't in because he's dead, he'd overflood Starfox with representatives, and because he has barely any fanbase after Starfox64.
Oh and Kawashima is SUPER POPULAR lol, at least we both agree he is AT material.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Dr. Kawashima as an Andross replacement is just stupid.

And he as pc? Forget it!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
dr kwashima is a floating head. wat moves could they give him.
Yeah, Captain Falcon's just a race car driver but look at him now!
Dr. Kawashima as an Andross replacement is just stupid.

And he as pc? Forget it!
He has no cons, only pros. He could even have an Andross Alternate Costume.

However, his appearence will probably be AT since I can't picture him as anything except a WTF! character, and Game and Watch is believed to still be in Brawl.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yeah, Captain Falcon's just a race car driver but look at him now!
At least Captain Falcon has a body. Dr. Kawashima is just a giant head.

He has no cons, only pros. He could even have an Andross Alternate Costume.

However, his appearence will probably be AT since I can't picture him as anything except a WTF! character, and Game and Watch is believed to still be in Brawl.
He is just one big con. Make Andross an alt? They are better off just throwing Andross in. Going by this thread's idea is like axing Bowser and replacing him with King K. Rool complete with all his moves (including shell spins and fire breath).

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
At least Captain Falcon has a body. Dr. Kawashima is just a giant head.

He is just one big con. Make Andross an alt? They are better off just throwing Andross in. Going by this thread's idea is like axing Bowser and replacing him with King K. Rool complete with all his moves (including shell spins and fire breath).
So what if he's a head? Math Problem attacks. Sakurai didn't put him on the poll for nothing. He actually got voted for, so you can't bring up Link's uncle.

Yeah, they're better off over representing the Starfox series, and with a dead monkey.

That analogy is dreadful.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So what if he's a head? Math Problem attacks. Sakurai didn't put him on the poll for nothing. He actually got voted for, so you can't bring up Link's uncle.

Yeah, they're better off over representing the Starfox series, and with a dead monkey.

That analogy is dreadful.
Math problem attacks? Right...

He can be an AT.

Not everything you see in the poll will be playable.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
"I will compare Dr Kawashima to an entirely different and Japan only series, because I don't have a ****ing point"

PRICELESS
OK, then, lets compare to a character that everyone thinks will be playable, let's say, Geno.

Kawashima: 1st party, popular, iconic of the Touch Generation, has his own icon (the DS symbol), would have an original fighting style

Geno: 3rd party, unknown to most people, iconic of disturbing nutcrackers, has no icon (unless it's the mushroom kingdom icon), would be extremely boring to play as.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Kawashima: 1st party, popular, iconic of the Touch Generation, has his own icon (the DS symbol), would have an original fighting style
He's still just a stupid head, who can have NO moves.

Geno: 3rd party, unknown to most people, iconic of disturbing nutcrackers, has no icon (unless it's the mushroom kingdom icon), would be extremely boring to play as.
Opinion and have you actually spoken to most people? Yeah your buddies don't count.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
He's still just a stupid head.
And Mr. Game and Watch is 2d, but he's playable (in melee). If GAW can get a moveset, so can a floating head. And also keep in mind that Andross was speculated until he was confirmed as an AT. He's just a stupid head as well.

Opinion and have you actually spoken to most people? Yeah your buddies don't count.
Everyone I've ever asked has said they have never heard of Geno before, and I've asked almost everyone I know. I didn't know who he was either until I came here. So really, the evidence tells me that Geno isn't overwhelmingly important.
Answers in bold, get a life.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
OK, then, lets compare to a character that everyone thinks will be playable, let's say, Geno.

You are going to get flamed, you know. He has the Mushroom Kingdom/Paper Mario Icon. "Extremely Boring"?

You're probably some **** kid who ever played his game. "Unknown to most people"? He was one of the highest on the poll, and more importantly starred in a major cannon game.

Math problem attacks? Right...

He can be an AT.

Not everything you see in the poll will be playable.
Hey, I said he's AT/WTF! character material.

I never said that. He has no real cons. Hey, moveset arguements make idiots out of anyone, you better stop.
Answers in bold, get a life.
....Only kids don't know who he is because his game came out in 1995. So yeah, it's pretty hard not to know the star of the last SNES game, and first Mario RPG.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Yeah and Andross turned out to be an AT and Mr Game and Watch is the first character Nintendo ever made and has limbs, your point?

and just because you and your friends didn't know who Geno was he isn't popular? GTFO!
Andross was speculated, meaning that just because he doesn't have arms or legs doesn't mean he can't be playable *coughivysaurcough*. And since public opinion doesn't persuade you, let's try this: Geno has only been in two games so far, and said games are not nearly as popular as Brain Age.

....Only kids don't know who he is because his game came out in 1995. So yeah, it's pretty hard not to know the star of the last SNES game, and first Mario RPG.
The last SNES game. And since he didn't appear in anything beyond that, I'm assuming Nintendo wasn't really interested in keeping him around.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Andross was speculated, meaning that just because he doesn't have arms or legs doesn't mean he can't be playable *coughivysaurcough*. And since public opinion doesn't persuade you, let's try this: Geno has only been in two games so far, and said games are not nearly as popular as Brain Age.
Oh just because some idiots speculated Andross could be playable that means he can be? hahaha!

Ivysaur doesn't have legs? hahahahahahahaha!

Stop comparing Geno a popular character with limbs to a big head, they have nothing in common, and the DS logo is not even the logo of the Touch Generation

FAIL!

T-major

Smash Champion
................ *sigh* ok... I usually try to keep to myself about this kind of ideas... but...

seriously! what kind of idiot would actually think this is a good idea!? he was on the poll... so? Link's Uncle was too. Sakurai knows that he had no chance, so he must have only put him on the list as a joke. Dr. what-ever-the-hell-his-name-is is in the same position. Sakurai probably didn't expect him to be voted for, and isn't planing on making him a character.... and yes, I AM regarding this as fact. sue me.

also, don't use that DS icon crap on me. why would his icon be the DS symbol? wouldn't it be something from his game? like a check mark? just because his game is FOR the DS, doesn't mean he represents the DS. thats a stupid way of thinking, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
................ *sigh* ok... I usually try to keep to myself about this kind of ideas... but...

seriously! what kind of idiot would actually think this is a good idea!? he was on the poll... so? Link's Uncle was too. Sakurai knows that he had no chance, so he must have only put him on the list as a joke. Dr. what-ever-the-hell-his-name-is is in the same position. Sakurai probably didn't expect him to be voted for, and isn't planing on making him a character.... and yes, I AM regarding this as fact. sue me.

also, don't use that DS icon crap on me. why would his icon be the DS symbol? wouldn't it be something from his game? like a check mark? just because his game is FOR the DS, doesn't mean he represents the DS. thats a stupid way of thinking, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Dr. Kawashima actually scored pretty good on the poll. You're not getting anywhere with Link's Uncle on poll arguement. "Didn't expect"? You are merely grasping at straws. Everyone you said was conjecture.

You should be ashamed for disregarding that.

Top Bottom