• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

--Yoshi's Signature Studio--(Read First Post)

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
--Yoshi's Signature Studio--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Hey guys, I'm going to open up shop in Smashboards now too. I've had sig threads in previous forums I've been a part of, and I wanna share my work with you guys.

My style of sig making is a combination of traditional GFX and a bit of abstractism.
I like keeping the sig crisp and uncluttered, so I mainly use one stock per sig and base the entire sig on that one stock (color, lighting etc.) I use C4 Renders, textures, patterns, and other things that fit the theme of what you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Guidelines:

1. You need to have at least 50 posts to ask for a sig. It just shows you're contributing to Smashboards and are an active member.

2. For your sig, provide me with the following:

- - Stock (if applicable) - A big enough picture of what you want me to use in your sig.
- - Theme - The feeling for your sig (color, tone, happy, sad)
- - Text - Any writing you want in your sig in any language. The less, the better the sig will look like.
- - Size - Max size of sigs for Smashboards is 550x130. Ideal sizes are smaller than 550 :)

3. Patience pays off! Gimme a few days to get your stuff done!

4. One sig per request per 2 week period.

5. DO NOT POST IN MULTIPLE REQUEST THREADS. If you have requested a sig someplace else, don't ask anyone else to make you one. It's rude.

6. Once I post your completed sigs, please save them to your computer and upload them yourselves to an image hosting website (imageshack, photobucket).

7. Give me credit somehow :) Even if it's just a thanks~

Samples: I can upload more if you'd like.

If you have questions etc, PM me.
http://visualscope.deviantart.com/

Zantetsu

Smash Master
4th customer...wewt

Stock - Some Ike pictures of some sort
Theme - Dark
Text - BHLMRO in katakana. Only if you actually KNOW japanese and you don't use translators. If you use translators just make it BHLMRO
Size 375x125

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Nice!

I'll be the fifth.

Here's the picture.

http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/165042/normal_Mario.png

I understand that artists have the most fun/creativity when they are left to do what they want with the sigs. So, just make it awesome.

My only requests are that the entire picture of Mario be shown, and that my name, Symphony X, is displayed. Also, I know you only allow 1 stock, but could you put this resized, somewhere in the sig.? Much appreciation.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Save the images to your computer and upload them yourselves! @imageshack.us for example.

@Sourz

You almost have 50 posts :), I'll make you one then.

@lukintosh

@Hey its YO

@BH

I do know Japanese, but there's no way to write initials in Katakana...<_<
Unless it's a whole word (BHLMRO). Tell me what you want written in Japanese.

@Symphony

Zantetsu

Smash Master
@BH

I do know Japanese, but there's no way to write initials in Katakana...<_<
Unless it's a whole word (BHLMRO). Tell me what you want written in Japanese
How can you not write initials in katakana? I had one of my japanese friends do it a long time ago but he just needed to know how it was pronounced

(Which is B-H-L-M-R-O btw)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
- - Stock (if applicable) - http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/superdumguy/927507_20050516_screen031.jpg (the pic may be to small just go to photobucket and look up "onii-chan" it shouldnt be to hard to find)
- - Theme - it doesnt matter use ur artistic skillz i got faith in u
- Text - i gues u could put my name onii-chan in japanese
- - Size - 550x130

do wut u can im not really good at makin sigs but ur much better than me and good luck:chuckle:

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Forgot something. My bad.

First, this sig. is f-cking sweet. I knew letting you take on your own creative passion would work out.

Not to be an a$$hole, as I know your doing this on your freetime, but I forgot something.

Could you add some subtext?

Preferably a darker color, so it can stick out against the orange/white under my name.

"And when the flames grow dim, look within
Unleash the Fire"

Just like that, with the quotes and everything, with Unleash the Fire" on the second line.

Thanks.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
@Symph
No reason :) Just a mindgame...

@all

I'll make your sigs as you request them. If I can't or won't make it, I'll reply or PM you :)

I'll make Sourz, BHM, and niichan's when I get home

Florida

イーグランツ
Do you do avatars? =)
If so, would you be able to make me one?

- - Size - 75 x 75
- - Theme - Transparent background
- - Text - Japanese: "egruntz"

That'd be completely sick. Also, nice job with your signatures! They're freaking incredible!
I swear, every week a brand new signature shop is made, just to outdo the previous. =D Nice job!

EDIT: @below
You shouldn't milk the crap out of signature shops. Use your signatures for more than two weeks, otherwise it would seem like a waste of time to the sig creator. I sure would feel insulted if I took the time to make an awesome signature, just to have it be replaced by another one from a different person two days later. Wow @random rant.

I took down my signature request, just to save you some trouble, .Yoshi ;)
It'd still be amazing if you could make me that avatar! ;o

EDIT x2: @.Yoshi
Also, if you could include the Japanese in text when you post my avatar, that'd be awesome!
Curious, does the Japanese language work in syllables? Like "ee" would be one character, then "gruh" would be another, etc. etc.?

Symphony X

Smash Lord
@Symph
No reason :) Just a mindgame...
I've been mindgame'd! @.@

At egruntz:

D-mn, I was gonna request that after I felt it was ok to request again. Not the tagline, but basically the same thing. My main goal is to get a Fire Mario one, (which .Yoshi has already done amazingly) an Ice Mario, and a Rainbow Mario; each with a Symphony X line on it (thanks for adding the line to my sig .Yoshi). Then I was gonna interchange them every two weeks or so. I got the Ice Mario requested in another sig. shop, but I need a rainbow. Hmm, well, .Yoshi, when is it ok to request again? If it says so in the rules, my apologies.

The real reason I was posting was to tell you that I love your artwork .Yoshi. I actually think it's the best I've seen in the Emporium. I saw your work in the Wallpaper thread and was hoping you would make a sig. shop.

Wow, long post.

Peace out.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Aww I have fans!! Symphony is my newest fanboy~~~
If things are lax this weekend I might be able to make you another. It all depends though.

The reason I have a limit to how many requests you can make is because some people just use them up like gum. They enjoy them for a bit, then go to another place and get a new one. It defeats the purpose of my spending the time to make it look hot.

Still at work. Will make the others when I get home...unless Mario Galaxy doesn't suck me into its orbit...

BTW, I'm spamming my own thread...ugh

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Aww I have fans!! Symphony is my newest fanboy~~
Yup, I linked your shop in my sig.

The reason I have a limit to how many requests you can make is because some people just use them up like gum. They enjoy them for a bit, then go to another place and get a new one. It defeats the purpose of my spending the time to make it look hot.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I asked sugarpoultry for a sig., then requseted an edit to it, but I saw your artwork and couldn't resist.

...unless Mario Galaxy doesn't suck me into its orbit...
Yeah, I kind of bombed my Psych. test from lack of studying - Galaxy's too much fun. My first day I played it 7 and a half hours straight, and that's a lot to me. I can usually only go 1 hour or so before I need to get outside.

If things are lax this weekend I might be able to make you another. It all depends though.
Alright, well I'll go ahead and put my request in for it. I'll refer back to it when you're ready.

Stock: Obviously, Rainbow Mario. Here.
Extra: Yeah I know, "Symphony wants another pic again?" Again, just make it kinda smallish. THANK YOU :). Here it be.
Theme: I trust you to make something bada$$. More multi-colored preferably.
Text: Obviously, my name. And the line is "Passing through the void
The darkest grand illusion
Chaos is riding on the wind"

After what egruntz said, I feel like a total d-ck. Lemme know if I'm stepping over the line, and you work on this whenever you feel like it, ok?

@egruntz, I was gonna switch them back and forth many times, and there were only three, so they would be seen constantly. I understand where you're coming from, though. Did you cancel your request because you feared mine would resemble it too closely? I'm sorry... I didn't mean to anger anyone.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
@BHMLRO

@All

Words in Kanji look muuuch better in Japanese than Katakana does. Hence why I like when people want their usernames on their sig, but with a Japanese sentence or phrase as a subtext ;)

I will work on the rest tomorrow...I need to get up early for work too.

@egrutz
Your name would be ii-gu-ra-n-tsu

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
@Sourz
It reads: Yami no Kaen (Flames of Darkness)

@egruntz
Post the stock image for your sig/ava again :)

@onii-chan
Do you have any other stock of that character you'd instead like me to use?

Florida

イーグランツ
Do you do avatars? =)
If so, would you be able to make me one?

- - Size - 75 x 75
- - Theme - Transparent background
- - Text - Japanese: "egruntz"

That'd be completely sick.
There really is no stock. I'd just like an avatar with text in Japanese =P
Try to make the text white, along with a black stroke so that it can stand with any background (which I would like to be transparent). Also, if you could post two versions of this, one just as said and one with your own mix of effects, then that'd be great! ;)

Florida

イーグランツ
Holy mother **** on top of a ****ing ****idy **** ****!
The second version is completely awesome! Thanks a TON man! =)

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
:) if you had given me a stock it coulda been 10x better :)
That woulda been a few more **********'s

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This is definitely the best looking sig shop at the moment

Request:

Stock: http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/264/c/4/Geno_for_Brawl_by_Booshnig.jpg
(if at all possible could you remove the text saying "Geno for Brawl" from the image)
Text: ManBearPig
Size: 400x120ish/whatever fits the image best

For everything else just do whatever looks good, i dont care if it comes out completely different to how i requested it, I just want a unique Geno sig

Top Bottom