• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do u think of my samus UPDATES SOON

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
WD out of shield will help you in this match-up. You'll also want to use bombs a little bit less. You can use them to pressure shields sometimes, but other than that, Falco is not phased by bombs. Your main tool in this match is your UpB out of sheild. Use jabs to try and tip Falco up so you can grab or get off an utilt, which will generally lead into some kind of combo. If you ever get off a grab, use uthrow until you get to very high percents at which point you should be able to use dthrow. Mostly, though, you want to kill him early, because the longer he lives, the more chances he has to wear you down.

Watch HugS vs. PC Chris if you want some Falco strategies.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
you play the matchup good, maybe you could wd shield more and shield grab more? other than that you have great control over samus

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i would not shield grab more

the more shield grabs u try and have, the more u miss also meaning, more openings
just grab when u find the opportunity, but usually there are better options
up-b out of shield (seems like everyone always needs more of this)

don't always try to go back to the stage right away, i mean u have bomb jumping, just take ur time and maybe stay away from the stage and try sweet spotting onto the ledge

when he's coming down with a dair, don't just shield and let him beat ur shield to pulp, just wd back and fsmash or dsmash or ftilt or whatever him. it's not that hard of a concept but hard to integrate and think about doing

also try to stay more grounded, cuz i see u keep trying to best him in air combat, which doesn't work well with samus, just try to limit the air combat
also wd+shield is very useful, it's not as aggressive or flashy, but it gets the job done. Patience is a virtue :)

TelQuel

Smash Cadet
I noticed you often get caught after using your up+B. No doubt that move has its place but I feel like in these vids you tend to over-use it and more importantly use it a few times where he's not even above you and it just leaves you vulnerable for some big damage.

Pretty tight samus for sure. I'm working on mine as well but I suck with catching the ledge with my energy grappler thing. More a-button :x

Bosh

Smash Cadet
i have to agree with flamin up b is a great move but as a finisher its hard to understand what u mean........

Top Bottom